2014 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Review: Fun Car

2014 Hyundai Veloster - Consumer Review

Turbo 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic w/Black Interior)

Fun Car
By gd2583 on

2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Veloster Turbo is a fun fuel efficient car to drive. With horsepower of 201 it passes like a car with a V8. The cornering and handling seem to be from a much more expensive car. Hyundai did a great job on the exterior design, While shopping I was looking at 2 door coupes like the KIA Forte, Hyundai Elantra and Honda coupes. I saw my first Veloster in the lot after test driving the Elantra Coupe and ask the salesman what it was. I noticed that a couple had turbo badges on them and said why not take it for a test drive, who knows. Needless to say this was the car for me.I can see the Veloster becoming a cult classic of the fast and furious types.

Favorite Features

Turbo, AV system, Backup camera, Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spot mirror on passenger side view like drivers side.
By hiredhand2
on 02/08/15 08:39 AM (PST)

My first Veloster was a 2013,i was rear-ended and the car was totaled. I loved the car so I bought a 2014 Tubo. I think for the money it's a great car. For the 1st 3500 mi I was averaging 33-34 mpg. then starting mid-Nov. the mpg started to gradually go down to 31 to 29 now i get only 25 mpg max using eco. I have tried an addative to clean the injectors, tank full of premium then medium fuel. No change. I went to my dealer to have them check out the problem.They're response was that they did not have a way to check the engine for mpg problem...which i can't believe. The only way they could check, was for me to leave the car with them for a week so they could drive it. No way. The service mgr asked if I had checked the mpg manually...I told him no because the car is equiped with a computer to tracks the mpg;that is what I have used sinse the 1st day on both the 2013 & 2014. He said i needed to do it manually so the I could gain ammunition. Ammuniton for what; he wouldn't answer. I can only assume for when the region tech is called in. Anyway this is what i was told to do. 1st when i fill up stop when the nozzel clicks the 1st time. The kicker was then i am supposed to try & use the same pump & keep track of the mpg manually. I couldn't believe my ears. I didn't remember them giving me that advice when i purchased the car. I have been driving & buying cars for over 50yrs.and i have never heard such B.S. Well I have done exactly what they told me to for two fill ups and the ave mpg is 24.3 & 24.5 mpg. I'm going to do it one more time and bring it back to see what their new asignment will be for me. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has had the same problem & was there a solution. Thanks Hiredhand2