Clutch issues, warranty? Nope!
By benpl on
2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
My girlfriend and I both purchased new Hyundai's last year. Elantra for her, Veloster Turbo for me. After this, we will be trading them in ASAP! Highly disappointed in the dealer and manufacture support with my Veloster's clutch failures. I would assume the company would be paying close attention and offering more support and care for a new model release. Especially during the first couple years as quirks and arising issues are being worked out and brought to their attention. I will say it was a fun experience driving the Veloster Turbo but I can't say that about owning. My lady and I will not buy Hyundai's again after the experience we've been through and financial hardships this car caused
Favorite Features
The standard goodies that come on the Veloster Turbo non tech package are nice. The touch screen display, Homelink, Blue Link wireless vehicle control through the smartphone app, heated seats, Pandora and smart phone bluetooth audio streaming capabilities along with the very unique looks of this car are what sold me on this car over the Focus ST, and Nissan Juke. Looking back I would have purchased the Focus ST instead of the Veloster.
Suggested Improvements
First Hyundai & new car ever purchased. Will definitely be the last Hyundai. I'm a 15 year seasoned clutch owner/driver. Had 2 clutch failures in under 24k miles with 70% being highway miles. The first went out at 22k and the second went out less than 2 months and 1500 miles later. Both times the friction material broke away from the disc caused by "heat damage". Really?! A clutch operates by generating friction and heat, lets think about that... Partial coverage first repair, none second time and denied the 12k mile/12 month coverage for the dealer performed repairs. Having been a Service Advisor with Nissan, I am thoroughly disappointed and broke $ from what I've been through with Hyundai.