2013 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Review: My first Hyundai

2013 Hyundai Veloster - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automated Manual w/Black Interior)

My first Hyundai
By apchouston on

2013 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

This is my first Hyundai after driving Nissan cars for so many years. But I have friends who swear by Hyundai's quality that I finally caved in and bought one. I saw the 2012 model last year and liked it immediately and saw that the price was great too for all the stuff that came with the car. So when I decided to get a new car it was an easy choice. I got the 2013 version on the first Veloster I saw a year ago.

The tech package is amazing. I have friends who own really expensive cars and the tech packages don't even come close to the one offered by Hyundai. I usually drive alone but sometimes I have friends visiting and its nice having the extra door on the passenger side so I don't have to move my seat to let people in or out of the car. The panoramic sunroof is the best feature I like since it makes the car feel bigger and airy.

I've heard a lot of people complain about the engine not being powerful enough. But it does get the job done and with gas prices only going up its nice to be able to get close to 40mpg on the highway. I've never driven a DCT before so I have no idea how it's suppose to feel like. The shifting is very smooth on the Veloster when on auto mode. But when you engage the sport move it can be fun shifting gears. I tried it for a couple of times but decided leaving it on auto works best for me. BlueLink needs work though. I wish they would give you more frequent reports than just a monthly one. Voice recognition can be improved also.