I love my Veloster
By archangel6k on
2013 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)
I had a Hyundai Accent that was given to me. It was a 98 that I did work on for my daughter. I drove it one day to look at a new one, and saw the Veloster. I didn't know then that I would be buying one in the next few months. I love the Veloster's handling on the turns, and the great gas mileage, and the 6 on the floor. Everyone looks at it like its from space, and my teens are proud. I get at least 35mpg and I drive long distances to work. It's not zippy from the start, but it accelerates plenty to get up to speed entering the highway. It also turns only 3500rpms at 95, and I wont say what it can do, cause I'll get arrested.
Favorite Features
I have other cars, but the economy the Veloster affords me right now is the right feature at the right time. Everybody calls my car a sports car. I know better, but I don't believe its too much of a stretch. I can make this car perform, but I'm trying to save on gas right now. I would have to say that I love the value this car offers. It has a bold look, it takes the turns great, it saves gas, it comes with impressive electronics, it's well made, it's like owning an inexpensive sports car. I started out leasing, but I'm probably going to own this one out cause I've grown attached to it.
Suggested Improvements
If I wanted to improve the Veloster, I might change the gearing in 1st and 2nd to improve off the line acceleration, but I'm sure this was a compromise on the part of Hyundai to get better mpg's. You can do just fine off the line once you get to know the car an what it does. If you're not drag racing, you'll do just fine, but I know that you wont have any trouble marketing a V6 Veloster. Anyway, I wouldn't want to change what Hyundai has done. It's one of a kind, and really represents brilliance on the part of the designers of this vehicle. I wouldn't want to spoil it.