Used 2013 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Veloster model:

Veloster Turbo's craze
By Sandra Sartain

2013 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback Turbo 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love this car to death!!! I can't find but one thing wrong with it...
The freaking resale value!

Zip, zip, zippy!!
By Susan

2013 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

My husband and I absolutely love this car! After driving suv vehicles the last ten years I had forgotten that a car could be fun to drive. This car is a blast!! Ours is white and we get loads of compliments on it. We primarily purchased it to save on gas costs as we are constantly driving our son to tennis tournaments around the state. It has more than enough trunk space to hold all his tennis gear and our baggage.
We do live in a rural area and I will say that you do feel any bumps in the road and I would not recommend it for any unpaved roads as it sits very low to the ground.
Would definitely purchase another one in the future, especially the turbo version because it would be even more fun than our little "zippy" which is quite light and quick.
By the way my husband is 6'2 and has ample headspace and our son is 5'11 and is relegated to the backseat. My son does say the only thing he dislikes about the car is getting in and out of it. My husband and I view it as a little extra "exercise" in our day.

DON'T Buy a 2013 Veloster Turbo
By Rob

I love the Veloster Turbo. Best value in the warm hatch market. Competes with civic SI, mini S, Fiesta ST.

That said don't buy the 2013 model! It has fatal flaws in the motor that are regularly causing massive engine failures. If your under warranty it will be covered as long as it's not modded. If you do get a 2013, make sure the sparkplugs are upgraded, the ECU updated and the Fuel like Recall completed.

I advise consulting an automotive forum for more detials.

18 months in and still loving it
By Sean MCLEAN

2013 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback 3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

For the money, this is a great value. My dealership has been great for routine maintenance, and my experience has been very positive. The car is still fun and I have no complaints. I'm 6'4 and don't feel cramped at all. Love it.

buy used and beat the depreciation
By Tom K

I bought this 2013 Orange Turbo with 14000 miles on it for less than $15,900. Sticker on it new was $28000+.
This car has all the options, moon roof, paddle shifters, etc. It was unusual for the left side tires to be shot, but figured it was a turbo and the previous owner had some fun with it. I am old and should have bought a car that sits a little higher up. Averaging about 26-28 mpg on regular gas.
So far so good.