2012 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Review: unhappy

2012 Hyundai Veloster - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automated Manual w/Black Interior)

unhappy
By jverjano on

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I've had my veloster for about a year now and 17800 miles. I am always having transmission problems my local dealer doesn't do anything about. I've been dealing with Hyundai Corp not much help either. my steering wheel I've changed two time already because the leather keeps peeling off. My radio gives me issues at time to.
By dupped
on 06/28/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

Unfortunately I also purchased a 2012 Hyundai Veloster in Bangor, Maine. My first new car! I've had nothing but trouble with it. Recalls on the clock, rearbrakes, and exploding roof. I have 17,000 miles on it. After Many visits to the dealership and calls to Hyundai Corp. they replaced the transmission. after I showed them a video of it in reverse and revving up to 5,000 RPM and it would not move. Now intermiitently when I try reverse it slams into gear at 1500 RPM. The dealership says this is "normal"! They replaced the media computer as it would not come on at all. Three days after it was replaced it won't come on at all again. Can't keep it in alignment, when they did align at the Bangor dealership they did not recalibrate the steering so all tires are ruined now with "abnormal wear". They said all 4 rims are bent which is also"Normal because of these roads in Maine". If it can't stand up to Maine roads it should not be sold in Maine! The power assist steering has activated for no reason about 15 times causing the wheel to suddenly turn sharply to the right or left. Wow talk about scary! Warranty does not help as they can't seem to fix anything. Read Veloster.org forum for more nightmare stories of dealing with Hyundai.