2012 Hyundai Veloster 1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automated Manual w/Black Interior Consumer Review - The Veloster is my favorite

2012 Hyundai Veloster - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automated Manual w/Black Interior)

The Veloster is my favorite car yet...and I've had 20!
By boscoosgood on

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I traded my 2011 Fiesta with Dual Clutch Powershift for a Veloster with Dual Clutch EcoShift. The Fiesta was very clunky at low speed and my commute is a lot of crawling at less than 5mph. However I really like the idea of a Dual Clutch so I tested the Veloster and I can tell you the difference is astounding! The Veloster Dual Clutch Transmission is smooth, quiet and seamless...even smoother than many conventional Torque Converter transmissions I've driven. A lot of folks talk about the Veloster being slow...well that's a subjective opinion. It's certainly quicker than the Fiesta and while it's no sports-car it certainly gets up to highway speed quickly and without drama in my opinion.

Favorite Features

The looks both inside and out, Dual Clutch Transmission, interior space and storage cubbies, SMOOTH ride even with the 18" wheels, quiet interior when windows and sunroof are closed, the panoramic roof, the awesome Dimension Stereo, already at 35.1mpg and that's at just 500 miles, AND the compliments! I get hollered at while waiting at traffic lights and from pedestrians wanting to know what it is then they always finish with what a beautiful car it is. It's black metallic and looks quite striking with the 18" wheels with gloss black accents.

Suggested Improvements

Needs: A light in the glove-box (there's a "punch-out" in the molding so one must be available. An overhead light for the rear seat. Turn signal repeaters on the outside mirrors and Heated Seats (although both are available with the Turbo) However I will say that the overall level of equipment is absolutely astounding considering it lists for less than $23.5 and that's fully optioned with both Style and Tech Packages.