Terribly Unreliable, but wonderful dealer service
By jnall on
2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)
I've got a marathon blue luxury package with an automatic that's been plagued with gremlins. The A/V system has been replaced but random transmission problems persist (DCT). On two occasions now the transmission has stopped working. Once the car would not move from a stop despite trying drive and reverse and everything in between. Today the vehicle spontaneously went into neutral at about 30 mph. After coasting to about 5 MPH the car started moving again. I plugged in my iPhone to the A/V system once and it never worked again. Hyundai was nice enough to pay for a new phone. We have two velosters--our second one is great.
Favorite Features
I'm getting over 40MPG in this car. It's not the most comfortable car and far from reliable, but 40MPG. I've screen shots where I was getting over 45MPG at times.
Suggested Improvements
The 10 year/100,000 mile warranty is a wonderful thing, but not when you're stranded on the side of the rode. The phantom problems I'm having really have ruined the car for me. The dealer is fantastic but my impression is their hands are now tied. I do alot of commuting (over 500 miles each week) and need the reliability. We actually own two Velosters and the other one is flawless--I just have a bad apple. I'm hoping Hyundai will just swap me into another one because I really like this car.