2012 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Review: Simply Perfect for Me.

2012 Hyundai Veloster - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual w/Black Interior)

Simply Perfect for Me.
By dpsimcho on

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car 10/13/11 and still have not a single complaint. I know some reviews point to "poor acceleration" or what have you, but I have to say that for what I was going for, it is completely fine with me. I was looking for a good looking car that got good to great gas mileage. I absolutely Love the design of the Veloster (especially the rear end). When you get in, you would think you are riding in a car twice it's price. Very comfortable seats, everything you touch feels like it has a high end quality to it. I've had a few people in the back seat with no hiccups or complaints whatsoever. I simply love the amount of people who have pulled up next to me asking what it is!

Favorite Features

My absolute Favorite Feature is the exterior design. I can stand around and look at my car for hours. The more I look at it, the more I love it. I bought one in the Marathon Blue color, and to me, it is so perfect. It has this gorgeous deep blue during the day and almost purplish hue at night. Really stands out. My second favorite feature is all the technology in this car. I instantly fell in love with "BlueLink" and no - it's not "just like" On-Star, it is WAY better. My third favorite feature is the drive. I actually like how the car handles in just about every way. To me, the acceleration isn't an issue, and when it is, I flip it into manual mode. It's just so fun!

Suggested Improvements

If I had to ask Hyundai to improve anything on this car, the only thing I could think of would reference the accent lights (LED?) under the headlights. Why cant these be like "Daytime Running Lights"? They look really cool, but they are only on when you have your lights on. Also, mine look different than the pictures. The lights on my car are covered by some plastic part rather than in pictures it looks like a row of LED lights. I don't know. I'm not all that worried about it.
By ledwinka
on 11/10/11 00:07 AM (PST)

LED light version is on Korean domestic version of Veloster... Send emails to Hyundai America and petition, if you want one. :)