Quite Dissappointed
By mdub10 on
2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)
I have owned my Veloster since the summer of 2012. I really wanted the manual as I have driven stick shifts since 1994. Unfortunately this thing has to be built by morons. I have had navigation issues, massive creaks and squeaks that are completely annoying and now with 25,000 miles on this car, the clutch has gone out! Are you kidding?! I have driven numerous vehicles that were standards. I have never had a clutch fail. Not once in 20 years of owning cars. Hyundai is saying wear and tear and I have to pay over $1000. Once I get the quote from the dealer, I am going to fight this like crazy. The clutch is only covered for 12 months or 12K miles? Hmmmm...maybe they knew it was crap?!
Favorite Features
Get a lot for what you pay in bells and whistles - 22K got me panoramic sunroof, navigation, bluetooth, touchscreen, etc etc etc.
Suggested Improvements
Uhhhh...get the electronics down, the creaks and BUILD A DECENT CLUTCH!!! Good heavens.
By benpl
on 04/04/14 18:07 PM (PDT)

If I may ask what was the outcome of the failed clutch, was there any coverage or compenstion? I have had 2 clutch failures within 23000 miles and am curious about your situation.