2012 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Review: Fun Car_No issues with speed

2012 Hyundai Veloster - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual w/Black Interior)

Fun Car_No issues with speed
By attaymik37 on

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I researched the Veloster so when it was time to look they were just coming in and I didn't want the base model. Being my impatient self, I bought a Genesis Coupe (big mistake--different review) in Oct; just traded it in yesterday for the car I should have had in the first place, a black Veloster. The ride is smoother, more comfortable and the amenities are outstanding for a car in this class and price range. No disrespect to the Genesis (Coupe) but this car suits me so much better and I couldn't be happier!

The panaromic sunroof, iPod and Pandora integration, bluelink (really impressive and easy to use), it's feistiness and the gas mileage is so far so good. Steering and cornering are really good and not a lot of play in the steering wheel. I also own a 2009 Volkswagen CC, and I feel just as comfortable in my Veloster as I do in my CC. All around--just a great car.

After the reading the consumer reviews, I was very concerned about the acceleration which probably led me to the Genesis Coupe--which is very fast (I had the 2.0T). I didn't need to worry. No, you're not going to get in a p*ssing contest with faster cars, but it picks up speed quickly and I was zipping around knowing that I get way better fuel mileage and have more everyday features that I will use. If acceleration and speed are really important, wait for the turbo but you're missing out by not giving the Veloster a look.
By attaymik37
on 12/22/11 13:11 PM (PST)

An update to my original post: I've now had the car a little over a month and I have amassed a little more than 1100 miles and I have to say that I really enjoy driving it. It feels like it accelerates quicker now than the first few weeks and I use the Eco Shift (sport mode) which is really smooth. No rattles, pings or weird noises yet. Everything works as it should. My bf was really upset that I traded in the Coupe but grudgingly admitted after driving the Veloster a few times that it was the better choice for me. He's in it all the time (he has a big gas guzzling Mercedes so he loves the thrify gas mileage) now. It's just a fun, comfortable car to drive and my two little dogs love riding shotgun with me and I love the stealth door for that purpose. The sound system is awesome as well and if you haven't tried Grace Note, make sure you do. You can press the listen command and tell it to go to an artist on your iPod or to an XM station. Bluetooth works great and I can listen to Rhapsody or Pandora from my Android Smartphone. This car is a good mixture of spirited driving, comfortability, gadgets and fun. I find something new to like every day. If anything happens that I think would be of benefit, I will update again.

By dutchgirl22
on 03/11/12 16:31 PM (PDT)

Can you tell me how to link my Android to the car and get Rhapsody? I just bought the Veloster and I cannot find instructions for that anywhere and even the sales rep told me I couldn't do it unless I had an iPhone. Your help is greatly appreciated.