First Hyundai,and my last Hyundai
By gls1 on
2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Red, Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)
The good is the styling,both interior and exterior. The bad is it's woefully underpowered. The good is the radio is really good. The bad is you get stuck with a Bluelink system that you can't turn off even if you decline authorization. (Commercials on screen for the life of the car because Hyundai says so) The good is the little 6 speed shifts great The bad is its still hooked to the underpowered engine. The good is you get roadside assistance. The bad is you'll need it because there's no spare tire The good is this is a nice economy car. The bad is no matter how it looks, its still just an Accent that went to the beauty parlor
Favorite Features
Styling, Radio, MPG in the 32-35 range
Suggested Improvements
The Bluelink system should be an option only and not forced. 20 more horses under the hood
By vanessa5
on 10/26/11 13:38 PM (PDT)

I don't understand why you'd be one of the first to purchase the car if you believe it's just a glorified Accent? EVERY day I get comments from people saying they have never seen seen any car as unique as mine, and how great looking it is. I agree that it's not the fastest car on the block, but something has got to give for the great gas mileage it gets.

By ledwinka
on 11/10/11 00:04 AM (PST)

The same problem hit the Korean versions as well: the lack of power will soon be corrected with the addition of a turbo model. The engine was actually well developed and shown at the Seoul Motor Show early this year. We will see one soon: guess Hyundai just released the 'weaker' version as to sell the vehicle on the strength of the superior fuel mileage.

By deking
on 11/21/11 10:19 AM (PST)

Who would buy a car without knowing what kind of engine it has or trying it out first? If you looked at the specs you would have known the Veloster is not a hot rod. Don't blame Hyundai for building a car that doesn't fit your style of driving, blame the uninformed buyer. There are an awful lot of drivers who love this type of car but no car can please everyone.

By guga
on 12/09/11 09:55 AM (PST)

I agree with your review. I disagree with "deking" - I am not a car person and the car drives fine for the test drives.......... my mistake was not taking it out into the hills before purchasing....

By ecube
on 12/12/11 12:29 PM (PST)

I agree,with you no power and my drive is very steep the engine moans ,we already have rattles at 3000 miles,,This is also my last Hyundai ,,I will never buy another !!!!Our dealer is the worst and Hyundai offered me $275 for problems i told the what i wanted but the no spare tire is redicculios we live in rural area and need a spare.. The car is cheaper made than i thought the quality is in the interior except carpet is cheap!