Everything except accelleration
By r3v00h on
2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)
Im a mid 20s average guy, I needed a car that I could afford but also one that didnt look like a little uh, you know. The veloster is awesome, I love everything about it, the MPG (realistically 28/37 but I've got it up to around 32/42) and the mean front end. The car is a work of art and you really need to go test drive one to appreciate it, if you can find one, all of my dealerships sold out in a hurry. Speed demons (like me) will be disappointed at its speed off the line, but its makes up for that with handling, a smooth ride, great looks inside and out, and a pretty good warantee. I don't know about you but it works for me.
Favorite Features
I love the 7" touch screen which i spent my first quarter tank of gas just playing around with. I also fell in love with the LED row just under the headlights, the gigantic sun/moon roof, the radio and pretty much everything else about that car; the xm weather maps, the cool little features that you have to test drive to really appreciate like the little light switch for the vanity mirror and those sturdy little handles just outside of your knees. The whole car hugs the road like an indy car, you wont notice that your turning or going 80 or 90 in that 45. Oh, and headroom! I have a decent amount if I leave the sunroof panel (not the glass itself) open, and I fit easily, I'm 6'1".
Suggested Improvements
I'd give it more horsepower. It isnt the slowest car out there but it just lacks power off the line, honestly it seems to be its only weakness, Ill happily live with it, I still love it. Also, if you have the few extra bucks each month to spend you might want to go ahead and get the tech package. I have the style package and its great but the rearview cam would really help, its rear visibility and blind spots will leave you "guessing" alot. They couldve done more to reduce how much "structure" is in the back. Its beautiful on the outside but from the drivers seat it can be tricky looking anywhere but straight backwards from the rearview or even turned around in your seat.
By deking
on 12/31/11 11:41 AM (PST)

The problem I have had is trying to get to do a test drive, not to mention even getting to see one at a dealer showroom. I live in florida where there are about a dozen Hyundai dealers within 50 miles of my house and still can't get to see one. The dealers tell me they are sold before they get off the truck. I wonder why the dealers don't keep just one around so Hyundai fans like me can try one out.