2012 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Review: Complete Disappointment

2012 Hyundai Veloster - Consumer Review

2012 Hyundai Veloster

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual w/Gray Interior)

Complete Disappointment
By bretp21 on

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my Veloster for 4 months now and I've had nothing but issues. The transmission has a design flaw which causes a lag in between 1 and 2. The check engine light kept lighting up like a Christmas tree with only 800 miles on it. The interior, although beautiful, is super squeaky when driving. The stereo will randomly lock on the screensaver and not work for hours at a time. And now my engine is starting to sputter randomly like it's not getting fuel. After driving used cars all my life, this was my first new car and I couldn't be more disappointed. It's had more issues than any used car I've ever owned and it's brand new. The worst part? Hyundai doesn't care.

The third door is really unique. When it works, the stereo is great. The interior design is modern and sleek, but it's also noisy and squeaky.

Build quality in general. A fix for the transmission issues is definitely needed. As it stands now, I've had to lose out on more work hours taking my car to the shop then any car I've ever owned. New cars should be reliable!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review