2012 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Review: Blue 2012 Hyundai Veloster w/

2012 Hyundai Veloster - Consumer Review

2012 Hyundai Veloster

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automated Manual w/Black Interior)

Blue 2012 Hyundai Veloster w/ Tech & Style Package
By mitch_dh on

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I just picked up this car a week ago and boy am I impressed. I traded in my 2005 Saab 9-3 Arc for this car and I have to say the Veloster blows the Saab out of the water. The standard features on this car are substantial from touch screen to blue tooth. Not to mention this car gets up to 40 mpg's on the highway, which is very good. I will say that the only thing that I miss is the speed from my last car, but the Veloster handles extremely wells and grips the road firmly, which I like. So far I am 100% happy with this car and am glad there are companies like Hyundai who understand "value" and honestly try and offer a customer everything at an amazing price point. It is also turns heads.

Panoramic sun-roof, blue tooth, navigation, frugal on gas, amazing warranty (although if you plan on keeping it awhile you should seriously consider an extended warranty as it is the first model year), big wheels and tires, attractive design, firm handling and gripping, paint color, Dimension audio system, iPod integration, rear view camera and leather + cloth mixed seating.

Spare tire would be nice, HID / Xenon headlights, LED rear lights, heated seats and auto climate control.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By xjofesx
on 12/03/11 22:23 PM (PST)

Hey mitch, I am looking at getting a veloster myself, but I have read a lot of reviews regarding the speed. I am wondering if a simple cold air intake would improve the acceleration enough to matter. Any take on that?

By ledwinka
on 11/10/11 00:00 AM (PST)

Dear Mitch, you may be able to get HID H/L and LED rr lamps via Ebay or whatever from Korea. The Korean verison of the Veloster has them. I guess they were left out as to control prices. LED RR Lamp looks cool, btw.