2012 Hyundai Veloster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veloster model:
This car is a blast - surprised by some of the negatives out there...
By natefighter on 11/05/11 17:42 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Didn't even know this car existed until a few weeks ago, when I went to a dealership to check out an Elantra. Went home and did some research and read some reviews - I have to admit I was leery. I commute 100 miles round trip everyday. I was looking to replace a 10 year old Accord. Also have 3 kids (one is an infant). I was looking for really good MPG and in this economy, didn't want to be dropping a lot of coin (read: VALUE) I went back and test drove the Veloster and absolutely loved it! Bought one. It really is a lot of fun to drive, regardless of the HP. the 6 speed manual is smooth. I easily get 30 city and 40-44 hwy (36-38 combined!) - after a solid month of driving.

Simply Perfect for Me.
By dpsimcho on 11/03/11 09:14 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought this car 10/13/11 and still have not a single complaint. I know some reviews point to "poor acceleration" or what have you, but I have to say that for what I was going for, it is completely fine with me. I was looking for a good looking car that got good to great gas mileage. I absolutely Love the design of the Veloster (especially the rear end). When you get in, you would think you are riding in a car twice it's price. Very comfortable seats, everything you touch feels like it has a high end quality to it. I've had a few people in the back seat with no hiccups or complaints whatsoever. I simply love the amount of people who have pulled up next to me asking what it is!

Everything except accelleration
By r3v00h on 10/27/11 09:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Im a mid 20s average guy, I needed a car that I could afford but also one that didnt look like a little uh, you know. The veloster is awesome, I love everything about it, the MPG (realistically 28/37 but I've got it up to around 32/42) and the mean front end. The car is a work of art and you really need to go test drive one to appreciate it, if you can find one, all of my dealerships sold out in a hurry. Speed demons (like me) will be disappointed at its speed off the line, but its makes up for that with handling, a smooth ride, great looks inside and out, and a pretty good warantee. I don't know about you but it works for me.

First Hyundai,and my last Hyundai
By gls1 on 10/25/11 10:27 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Red, Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The good is the styling,both interior and exterior. The bad is it's woefully underpowered. The good is the radio is really good. The bad is you get stuck with a Bluelink system that you can't turn off even if you decline authorization. (Commercials on screen for the life of the car because Hyundai says so) The good is the little 6 speed shifts great The bad is its still hooked to the underpowered engine. The good is you get roadside assistance. The bad is you'll need it because there's no spare tire The good is this is a nice economy car. The bad is no matter how it looks, its still just an Accent that went to the beauty parlor

Great driver's car, Style and Tech packages
By ittazvic on 10/21/11 11:16 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Red, Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I just turned 200 miles and the car is great. The shifter and clutch are light and accurate. The car is quiet and the ride is excellent. The car feels solid over bumps with no sqeaks or rattles. I thought the car would ride hard because of the 18" wheels and low aspect ratio tires but it is truly comfortable. I'm coming out of a 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S w/manual and this car is so much better. The Mini was disappointing because of torque steer, rough ride, numerous squeaks and rattles and noise. The more I drive this car, the more I like it. The power is not as much as in the Mini but the car is surprisingly fast for the power rating. Drive this car before buying anything else.

WOW what a great car and what a great price.
By zuuppp on 10/20/11 01:39 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased a Veloster at Temecula Hundai. I looked at the CRZ across the street and the Veloster is the better car hands down. I was almost hit because people keep stating at the car while I am driving. Today some guy was hanging out of his truck stating and gave me a thumbs up. I was driving a Mitsubishi Eclipse and the Veloster has so many more features but the same great handling. From Blue Link to XM radio to USB ports and Eco Coach, this car has it all.

Blue 2012 Hyundai Veloster w/ Tech & Style Package
By mitch_dh on 10/02/11 17:28 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I just picked up this car a week ago and boy am I impressed. I traded in my 2005 Saab 9-3 Arc for this car and I have to say the Veloster blows the Saab out of the water. The standard features on this car are substantial from touch screen to blue tooth. Not to mention this car gets up to 40 mpg's on the highway, which is very good. I will say that the only thing that I miss is the speed from my last car, but the Veloster handles extremely wells and grips the road firmly, which I like. So far I am 100% happy with this car and am glad there are companies like Hyundai who understand "value" and honestly try and offer a customer everything at an amazing price point. It is also turns heads.

Wow - Couldn't be happier!!
By vanessa5 on 09/26/11 21:00 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

Just purchased the 2012 Veloster - Fully Loaded with Style and Tech package white/grey leather combo. This was the ACTUAL car at the OC auto show that I fell in love with less than 24 hours before! On the drive back to the office, I got SEVERAL blinding stares on the freeway, including a few waves as well and thumbs up signs! I'm a bit of a car fanatic - this is actually my 3rd car in addition to a 350z and 2011 Ford Edge, and I can honestly say this car is as fun to drive as my 350z. Doesn't have the same power BUT the handling and grip to the road is superb. For having every option and getting out of the dealer for ~25k, I feel like this is a bargain and a HUGE bang for your buck!!

Meet the CR-Z Killer
By jeffdawgfan on 09/20/11 12:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I took delivery of a 2012 Veloster this past Saturday. I had been looking real hard at the Honda CR-Z but there were just some things that Honda cut corners on and left off that car that just did not sit well with me. The hybrid motor was also a big turn off as it just over complicated the car and did not really increase its fuel economy. Enter the Hyunda Veloster. The Veloster is everything that the CR-Z wanted to be. More features, better ride, just as much power and better fuel economy with out the hybrid cost/complication. Unless Honda does something quick the CR-Z is dead in two years I predict.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Hyundai Veloster in VA is:

$146 per month*