Used 2012 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Veloster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veloster model:

Good car for the money
By tri4

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I have 11500 miles on my veloster and I believe its everything as advertised. I get about 36 MPG 20% city 80% highway. The interior is cheesy, easy to scratch but what should you expect for the money. Bluetooth works well except when you have 2 phones stored it when you start off it looks for the last one that was stored, fails so you have to mannually connect it. When the moon roof is open it is very loud. The stereo system is good and the ride is smooth. The handling is as good as a mazda miata but the pickup from start is slow but to be expected from a 1.6L. Overall I am very pleased with the vehicle.

Bluetooth, Gas miliage and handling.

Interior material that is not so easy to scratch on dash and door panels. change in bluetooth software so that it gives you a choice which phone you want to connect. have the moon roof when opened slide into the roof panel instead on lifting up into the wind creating drag and lots of noise. Larger windows in the back sides as to create less blind spots.

Mad, sad,the worst car ever!! Do not buy
By inot34

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Red, Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car 10 month ago , problems since the beginning !! Already been on the warranty 9 times ,replaced the navigation sistem after 3 fix, rear bumper replaced by the warranty after being melted by the exhaust , melting again btw , engine light on 8 times !the gas meter on the tank has been replaced , damaged again btw !the car shakes like a train after 75 miles !! And hyunday don't pay for the rentals so paying a car monthly plus a rental Evry month ! For a week while the car is on service ! Do not buy ! Still waiting for hyunday to buy it back ! First time ever reviewing I hate complaining , but this is to much ! This car is a joke! I should of stay with Honda .

Looks cool !! Every body on the street like it !!

Everything !!

Complete Disappointment
By bretp21

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my Veloster for 4 months now and I've had nothing but issues. The transmission has a design flaw which causes a lag in between 1 and 2. The check engine light kept lighting up like a Christmas tree with only 800 miles on it. The interior, although beautiful, is super squeaky when driving. The stereo will randomly lock on the screensaver and not work for hours at a time. And now my engine is starting to sputter randomly like it's not getting fuel. After driving used cars all my life, this was my first new car and I couldn't be more disappointed. It's had more issues than any used car I've ever owned and it's brand new. The worst part? Hyundai doesn't care.

The third door is really unique. When it works, the stereo is great. The interior design is modern and sleek, but it's also noisy and squeaky.

Build quality in general. A fix for the transmission issues is definitely needed. As it stands now, I've had to lose out on more work hours taking my car to the shop then any car I've ever owned. New cars should be reliable!

Great car but...
By bykdude

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I've had this little guy since April this year (about 6K mileage) and for the most part has met expectations. Very comfy ride and maneuverability. Depending upon highway surface, you may experience some side to side drifting. Just hang onto the steering wheel. Don't know if it's the tires or not. Like most other reviews, the one exception is the power perfomance factor. All I can say is if you want power, get a V8 cause this little guy is a dog; if you want mileage get this car. I'm averaging roughly 37 mpg but I do mostly highway driving. All in all a good buy but consider giving up some mpg for a little more power if that's important.

MPG, comfort, navigation system, great hatchback space.

Better stereo system. Factory system sucks.

MY FAVORITE WORK OF ART
By mjsykes

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

During my new car search, I read many reviews/articles comparing the most efficient gas sippers. The Veloster was not mentioned. Why? Perhaps the Veloster is so beautiful and fun that it seems more natural to compare it to sports cars. But the Veloster is not a sports car; it is the coolest economy car you can buy! The Veloster offers generous features and quality for your money. However, it is the car's sexy and innovative design that sets it apart. The Veloster is BEAUTIFUL! Strangers frequently approach me with compliments about my car's appearance, wanting to know more about it. I enjoy looking at my car as much as driving it. Like a work of art, the Veloster lifts my spirit.

Beautiful exterior design, including the cleverly integrated third door. Generous electronic/entertainment features: 7" touch screen, premium audio system with sub-woofer, bluetooth, Eco Coach, etc. Roomy comfortable interior. Quiet ride (compared to other economy cars) with minimal wind noise. Agile handling and steering feel. Auto/manual transmission with paddle shifters. The sunroof!

Provide optional a spare tire Provide option for 17" alloy wheels instead of 18" Certain BlueLink features (e.g., Eco reports) need work. Improve Android phone compatibility. Add playlist functionality for USB drives. An instant mpg meter would be nice. Cargo net should be bigger.