Used 2012 Hyundai Veloster Base Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Veloster - Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Veloster

View reviews for a specific Veloster model:

Love Love Love my Veloster
By MorganW.

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Red, Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

2012 Black Veloster with 50K on it.

I love love love my veloster. I treat this car as if it were my child. Its fun to drive. Eye catching. and Unique.
It does have a lot of vibration you can feel the road more than other cars, I kind of like that though.
People said the sound wasnt good - theres different settings I really like it.
The tire situation kinda sucks. With the rims etc you will need more expensive tires. Im not sure if its because the car is low but I have put some
bubbles in tires and had to get new ones.... which wasnt so great.

I looooove the interior and the seats. It took a while to get use to the head rests though, not the most comfortable for my back but I adjusted to it.
There ARE blindspots. I am a very experienced driver throughout NYC and multiple states - parallel parking is a talent of mine.. with this car it's not as easy as others due to blind spots. its also sometimes hard to gauge how far you are from stuff. With the seats down, this car fits A LOT even though its a compact hatchback. I love hatchbacks!!

I think this car is great on gas. Thats a major bonus. But, like every other car it depends on where you drive/live. If you live outside of a major city the mpg is awesome. Ive hit 40-50 mpg before!!!!!!

Snow. Ok... its awful in the snow. If you live in a place that gets a lot of snow -OR- you HAVE to get to a job or drive in any snow - this car is prob not for you. The tires get snow PACKED in them almost immediately, even in extremely light snow - turning the car into a SLED. But, hey.. you shouldnt be driving in the snow any way. Also, I recently got hit with 2 ft of snow and had to dig my car out. After the snow storm, next day I guess the rims got snow or ice packed into them. This CAN cause your car to vibrate like CRAZY on the highway over 50 mph. This can happen with a lot of cars... so make sure you clean it out real good.

Keyless entry - I did have a problem with my remote/keyless entry. Im not sure what went wrong but the warranty covered it.
Touch Screen - Am currently having issues with the clock it wont hold time. But luckily I can take it to the dealership. One day it ditched my bluetooth phone settings too. Not cool.

3rd Door - Somewhat useful if you have passengers (i dont) I wish they ditched the 3rd door because the car would look so much cooler.

Everything else has been fine. My boyfriend currently has an older mercedes and wants to ditch it for the veloster.
A lot of people say this car isnt fast.. it is fast...esp for a smaller car. .. its grrrreat for a 4 cyclinder.

Oh, also if you have back problems, handicaps, or are really tall or fat...this is not the car for you.
My dad is large..height and mass...and he struggles to get into the car and acts like hes being suffocated.
My mother has hip issues and its harder for her to get in and out.
Also, the doors are heavy and can be annoying because they fly back at you as your trying to get out or if the wind is blowing hard.

If you have kids, this prob isnt the best car for you.
I've had a toyota matrix which was really awesome and at 120K i had just replaced tires and a sensor.
However, the veloster is soooo much more fun. So, you have kids? = matrix, go camping.
No kids? = speed around town in your awesome veloster.

I love my car sooo much

Mad, sad,the worst car ever!! Do not buy
By inot34

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Red, Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car 10 month ago , problems since the beginning !! Already been on the warranty 9 times ,replaced the navigation sistem after 3 fix, rear bumper replaced by the warranty after being melted by the exhaust , melting again btw , engine light on 8 times !the gas meter on the tank has been replaced , damaged again btw !the car shakes like a train after 75 miles !! And hyunday don't pay for the rentals so paying a car monthly plus a rental Evry month ! For a week while the car is on service ! Do not buy ! Still waiting for hyunday to buy it back !
First time ever reviewing I hate complaining , but this is to much ! This car is a joke! I should of stay with Honda .

Looks cool !! Every body on the street like it !!

Everything !!

First Hyundai,and my last Hyundai
By gls1

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Red, Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The good is the styling,both interior and exterior.
The bad is it's woefully underpowered. The good is the radio is really good. The bad is you get stuck with a Bluelink system that you can't turn off even if you decline authorization. (Commercials on screen for the life of the car because Hyundai says so) The good is the little 6 speed shifts great The bad is its still hooked to the underpowered engine. The good is you get roadside assistance. The bad is you'll need it because there's no spare tire The good is this is a nice economy car. The bad is no matter how it looks, its still just an Accent that went to the beauty parlor

Styling, Radio, MPG in the 32-35 range

The Bluelink system should be an option only and not forced. 20 more horses under the hood

Great driver's car, Style and Tech packages
By ittazvic

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Red, Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I just turned 200 miles and the car is great.
The shifter and clutch are light and accurate.
The car is quiet and the ride is excellent.
The car feels solid over bumps with no sqeaks or rattles.
I thought the car would ride hard because of the 18" wheels and low aspect ratio tires but it is truly comfortable.
I'm coming out of a 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S w/manual and this car is so much better.
The Mini was disappointing because of torque steer, rough ride, numerous squeaks and rattles and noise.
The more I drive this car, the more I like it.
The power is not as much as in the Mini but the car is surprisingly fast for the power rating.
Drive this car before buying anything else.

Ride, shifter, clutch, solidity, looks, seat comfort

Spare tire and jack or at least run flats instead of compressor and sealant, heated seats, rain sensing wipers