2012 Hyundai Veloster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veloster model:
I should've listened to my father
By mrskenny on 08/17/14 17:00 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I've had problems with my Veloster after hitting the 25,000 miles range. I had to replace my tires, twice, and after complaining to consumer affairs, I was sent a reply email basically telling me nothing is their fault. The Veloster does not come with a spare so I had to call road side assistance. Road Side assistance told me to go to the nearest Hyundai dealership....it was Sunday, they're closed. So, basically, Hyundai uses really bad tire manufacturers and then claims to have no sort of responsibilities for the types of tires they put on your car. The "touch screen" screen stopped working, even after having a recall and getting it fixed. I will never again purchase a Hyundai!!!

Love my Orange Go-Kart
By sduquette27 on 06/02/14 16:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2012 Veloster used with the Hyundai CPO warranty and so far I love this car! It handles like a dream and is so much fun to drive, the features that this car has are great especially for the money! Super fun and fuel efficient!

Terrible experience with Veloster & Hyundai Dealership
By ssmith160 on 04/19/14 08:01 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

Since receiving a letter in the mail about the recall on the sunroof in my 2012 Veloster; I've had issues with what the dealerships would and would not do to fix my car. I set up an appointment to get my sunroof tested for the recall issue and found out the dealership in Brunswick, GA didn't have the tools for the recall test. After repeatedly calling for weeks on the status of the tools, no response was given to me. I was driving home from work one day and my sunroof shattered. The dealership in Brunswick gave me alot of difficulty on how I would transport the vehicle to them for repairs. So I ended up having to tow it to the closest dealership in Valdosta, GA. Terrible service in Bwk, GA

Quite Dissappointed
By mdub10 on 01/23/14 16:21 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned my Veloster since the summer of 2012. I really wanted the manual as I have driven stick shifts since 1994. Unfortunately this thing has to be built by morons. I have had navigation issues, massive creaks and squeaks that are completely annoying and now with 25,000 miles on this car, the clutch has gone out! Are you kidding?! I have driven numerous vehicles that were standards. I have never had a clutch fail. Not once in 20 years of owning cars. Hyundai is saying wear and tear and I have to pay over $1000. Once I get the quote from the dealer, I am going to fight this like crazy. The clutch is only covered for 12 months or 12K miles? Hmmmm...maybe they knew it was crap?!

Junk
By jttaint on 12/26/13 06:45 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I am trading this car in after owning for a year and putting 20k miles on it. The transmission is garbage and Hundai knows it. We purchased the car because my wife liked the looks and because I have purchased two Hundai Elantras and they have been excellent cars. My 2009 Elantra has 100k miles on it and I have only done the standard maintenence on it, tires, belts, brakes and oil changes. It runs like a champ. This car is junk. It is my own fault for buying a car the year they release it with so much new technology on it, I should have known better. Hundai is practically begging me to trade this car in so I am going down to Hundai today to trade this in on a new Elantra.

Worse car I've ever owned
By velo_owner12 on 11/19/13 17:53 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

After owning many Nissans, I switched over to Hyundai because I heard how great their warranty program was. What a mistake. The 2012 Veloster was the worst car I have ever owned. The low profile tires are worthless, constantly blowing out. There is no spare but you can buy one for $275.00. Hyundai lied about the gas mileage. Hyundai refused to provide a spare tire. I could not sell that car fast enough. I know someone with the exact car that needed a transmission after 15K miles. At least that was covered. The six tires that needed to be replaced weren't. Would never buy another Hyundai again.

Wouldn't choose anything different <3
By jbeck204 on 10/05/13 13:23 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought this car used in April of 2013. I absolutely love it!! I did my research, test drove a few different vehicles, but I found myself drawn to this beauty. Some people found that the performance was not to their liking, but I find it quite nice. I don't need a high performance car and this is a perfect fit. I love everything about it, but I really love that you get so much for such a low price. I love the tech and I feel spoiled using my push start button and rear view camera. It is a great economic and safe care for 20 year olds.

First Time Buyer - Worst Purchase Ever!!!
By wendeez on 07/26/13 12:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

Where do I even begin... Bought my Veloster June 2012 and have put about 22,000 miles on it since then. 19 days after having the vehicle I was going down a major highway when my sunroof shattered on me. Glass EVERYWHERE! Dealership claimed that it was my fault but "since I am a first time buyer they would pick up on the cost". Dealership had my car for 14 days and I had to battle with them to get a renal car. Since then I have had it in the shop to replace the Climate Control Unit and the third time fixing the touch screen radio unit. Bought this car because I thought it would be reliable, great gas mileage, and fun to drive.... Boy was I wrong on that! Waiting for Lemon Law to take it away!

Do NOT buy
By frankg068 on 07/18/13 12:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

Bout the car early 2012 I had it for a week and on my way home from work it broke down less then 150 miles on it the transmission went out, they had if for a month replaced it 2 weeks later it goes out again and once again they have it for over a month fixing it. I got it back had it for almost 2 months and im going down the highway and my car starts smoking and then shuts off a tow truck comes and gets it brings it to the dealer and they said my engine cracked... i called hyundai and it took me 2 months to get anything done they game me a new one after all that had it for 3 days and my trans went out... gave up traded it for a good car.

unhappy
By jverjano on 05/14/13 09:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I've had my veloster for about a year now and 17800 miles. I am always having transmission problems my local dealer doesn't do anything about. I've been dealing with Hyundai Corp not much help either. my steering wheel I've changed two time already because the leather keeps peeling off. My radio gives me issues at time to.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Hyundai Veloster in VA is:

$148 per month*