Used 2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Bad Tires
By jrb14

2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 15k miles on my car and the tires are bald (3/32 on both front tires). The car is supposed to have a bumper to bumper warranty, but it doesnt cover tires. I went to the tire company (Kumho) they informed me these tires were not meant to last but they will allow me to buy much better tires and they will pay 50%. Hyundai says they are sorry I'm unhappy buy not their problem. I was given lemon tires and now I need to spend more money to replace them.

Sick of visiting the mechanic!
By michelle_3150

2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Tucson in November 2013, a month after I had purchased it my problem started...I had not even reached my first oil change and my check engine light was on! I took it to the dealership I bought it from and they hooked it up to their fancy computer and diagnosed the check engine light had came on due to a cylinder misfire. They told me that they would have to do a computer update and that would fix the problem. Long story short I have been back to the dealership on average once a week for the same check engine light to be turned off. I have had a total of 4 computer updates, they have changed my spark plugs and coils two times and I still have the issue! It's been 9 month now!

Just got the Tuscon LTD FWD today
By johnnywes

2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this earlier today to replace an 03 Camry. I tested this vs the base Santa Fe Sport. While the Sport was a smoother ride, it was slow and the standard options were underwhelming. Next, I drove the Tuscon LTD FWD. Even though the ride is stiffer, the little 2.4 ltr engine has plenty of get up and go. The standard features on the LTD are plentiful and useful. Options added, mats. cargo net, cargo tray, first aid kit, mudguards and wheel locks. I got the Garnet Red w/ Taupe leather int. It's a sharp looking car. I got an awesome deal on the car. Very awesome vehicle for the money in today's market. IMHO This is my 2nd 2013 Hyundai purchased with the last 30 days. I love Hyundai.

Favorite Features

The fit and finish The new design inside and out. The long list of standard feautures on the LTD. The tightness of the ride and the sporty feel and look of this small CUV. The hands free telephone and all the other controls on the steering wheel. The Homelink dimming rear view mirror. The quality and look of the leather interior. The A/C is awesome, it was hotter than blazes here today. The interior lighting. The proximity key entry and push button start The 18" wheels and low profile tires The side lights on the mirrors The stability and traction controls. The high level of safety features throughout. The amazing Hyundai warranty The active ECO system

Suggested Improvements

Better base stereo A few more ponies from the 2.4 ltr. engine Would love to see them built here in the USA

Tucson 2013
By priscilinha

2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Tucson is a really good car to drive, very confortable and secure. Has a good gas control and powerfull motor.

Favorite Features

Desing, Confort, safety

skeptical customer..
By ozone88

2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

As the professional reviews stated, the limited version engine may not be as smooth a ride.. or sound as quiet as its competition. Yet, I'm in love with my car. U can't best this price.. and they hold their value.. the look is stunning, the options are fabulous. People tell me it looks like I'm driving a Lexus.. and I definitely feel like I am! (minus the road noise, I blame it on the 18 inch tires) I have a 2001 Hyundai sonata with almost 200000 miles, I wanted to try something different and the last brand I looked at was a Hyundai, and look what I ended up with! Almost bought a subaru.. so glad I didnt! I Will update in 3 years!

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, for sure. The look and how it handles. Also, people have a weird stigma about the brand.. so with the best warranty and people not owning this car in my area make me feel original.

Suggested Improvements

Engine sound and road noise