Used 2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Very pleased with this vehicle
By Steve Wirh

2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Tuscon new in August of 2013 and have 27,000 miles on it now. Have not had one problem with the vehicle. Tires still have significant tread left and haven't had to balance them yet. Gas mileage is great, 24-25 in town and 30 on the highway. The ride can be a bit stiff on rough road surfaces but I prefer a taut suspension system. I definitely recommend the 2.4 motor over the 2.0.

Transmission replacement at 12K miles
By Cheryl Stadig

2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV GL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car brand new in May 2013 to replace my 2002 Toyota Sienna (which was totalled when rear-ended by another vehicle). The seats were stained within a week when my wet umbrella brushed the seat as I was putting it on the floor. Yes......simple water stains this cheap fabric. I have no small children yet my seats still look horrible. At 12,000 miles my transmission needed replacement! I have previously owned a Toyota Corolla, Celica and Sienna and the quality of the Tucson doesn't even come close. First and last Hyundai I will ever own.

Bad Tires
By jrb14

2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 15k miles on my car and the tires are bald (3/32 on both front tires). The car is supposed to have a bumper to bumper warranty, but it doesnt cover tires. I went to the tire company (Kumho) they informed me these tires were not meant to last but they will allow me to buy much better tires and they will pay 50%. Hyundai says they are sorry I'm unhappy buy not their problem. I was given lemon tires and now I need to spend more money to replace them.

Sick of visiting the mechanic!
By michelle_3150

2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Tucson in November 2013, a month after I had purchased it my problem started...I had not even reached my first oil change and my check engine light was on! I took it to the dealership I bought it from and they hooked it up to their fancy computer and diagnosed the check engine light had came on due to a cylinder misfire. They told me that they would have to do a computer update and that would fix the problem. Long story short I have been back to the dealership on average once a week for the same check engine light to be turned off. I have had a total of 4 computer updates, they have changed my spark plugs and coils two times and I still have the issue! It's been 9 month now!

Just got the Tuscon LTD FWD today
By johnnywes

2013 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this earlier today to replace an 03 Camry. I tested this vs the base Santa Fe Sport. While the Sport was a smoother ride, it was slow and the standard options were underwhelming. Next, I drove the Tuscon LTD FWD. Even though the ride is stiffer, the little 2.4 ltr engine has plenty of get up and go. The standard features on the LTD are plentiful and useful. Options added, mats. cargo net, cargo tray, first aid kit, mudguards and wheel locks. I got the Garnet Red w/ Taupe leather int. It's a sharp looking car. I got an awesome deal on the car. Very awesome vehicle for the money in today's market. IMHO This is my 2nd 2013 Hyundai purchased with the last 30 days. I love Hyundai.

The fit and finish The new design inside and out. The long list of standard feautures on the LTD. The tightness of the ride and the sporty feel and look of this small CUV. The hands free telephone and all the other controls on the steering wheel. The Homelink dimming rear view mirror. The quality and look of the leather interior. The A/C is awesome, it was hotter than blazes here today. The interior lighting. The proximity key entry and push button start The 18" wheels and low profile tires The side lights on the mirrors The stability and traction controls. The high level of safety features throughout. The amazing Hyundai warranty The active ECO system

Better base stereo A few more ponies from the 2.4 ltr. engine Would love to see them built here in the USA

• SUV