Used 2013 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Tucson

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Excellent Entry Level Crossover Type SUV
By Shane

2013 Hyundai Tucson GLS PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

For the 2013 Model Year this vehicle offered an impressive package of goodies. All of which made the purchase of this vehicle very simple when it came to comparing to the other vehicles being offered in competition in its class, (IE: Honda CRV, Toyota RAV-4, Nissan Rogue, Mazda CX Series, Ford Escape, and a few others). For the sticker price of what came included this vehicle was nearly loaded with all of the features you could really hope would be included. So Huyndai did it again when it came to bang for the buck and backed by their warranty.

Lets do start with some adjustments I made to my vehicle upon purchase. The first being the stock headlights. They are good, but could be better. I equipped mine with the Sylvania Silver Star Ultras, it made a 80% difference in the night driving experience; better forward vision and better side of road vision with the light spread.

The vehicle is equipped with the Active Eco system which controls how the transmission shifts and the A/C System functions. Over the time I have owned this vehicle this system is best used on long road trips where you will indeed see the benefit. Having this system turned on while you are driving in town is more of an irritation than a benefit as the computer in the car is placed in "economy" mode for nearly all of your driving needs. The in-town benefit is minimal, and the fuel savings is negligible at best, and the shift points are skewed to make the engine rather gutless.

The acceleration on the vehicle is smooth and fairly quick. By no means will it push you into your seat, but it does indeed get out of its tracks in a hurry. The steering is solid and the response is fairly nimble, and is by far more responsive than the Honda counterpart.

The over-all feeling of this vehicle is very good.

Very pleased with this vehicle
By Steve Wirh

2013 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Tuscon new in August of 2013 and have 27,000 miles on it now. Have not had one problem with the vehicle. Tires still have significant tread left and haven't had to balance them yet. Gas mileage is great, 24-25 in town and 30 on the highway. The ride can be a bit stiff on rough road surfaces but I prefer a taut suspension system. I definitely recommend the 2.4 motor over the 2.0.

Transmission replacement at 12K miles
By Cheryl Stadig

2013 Hyundai Tucson GL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car brand new in May 2013 to replace my 2002 Toyota Sienna (which was totalled when rear-ended by another vehicle). The seats were stained within a week when my wet umbrella brushed the seat as I was putting it on the floor. Yes......simple water stains this cheap fabric. I have no small children yet my seats still look horrible. At 12,000 miles my transmission needed replacement! I have previously owned a Toyota Corolla, Celica and Sienna and the quality of the Tucson doesn't even come close. First and last Hyundai I will ever own.

Bad Tires
By jrb14

2013 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 15k miles on my car and the tires are bald (3/32 on both front tires).
The car is supposed to have a bumper to bumper warranty, but it doesnt cover tires. I went to the tire company (Kumho) they informed me these tires were not meant to last but they will allow me to buy much better tires and they will pay 50%.
Hyundai says they are sorry I'm unhappy buy not their problem.
I was given lemon tires and now I need to spend more money to replace them.

Sick of visiting the mechanic!
By michelle_3150

2013 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Tucson in November 2013, a month after I had purchased it my problem started...I had not even reached my first oil change and my check engine light was on! I took it to the dealership I bought it from and
they hooked it up to their fancy computer and diagnosed the check engine light had came on due to a cylinder misfire. They told me that they would have to do a computer update and that would fix the problem.
Long story short I have been back to the dealership on average once a week for the same check engine light to be turned off. I have had a total of 4 computer updates, they have changed my spark plugs and coils two times and I still have the issue! It's been 9 month now!