Used 2012 Hyundai Tucson SUV Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Tucson SUV - Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Tucson SUV

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Good, reasonably-priced SUV
By Robert Maybury

Great, reliable small SUV
By R. Maybury

2012 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Hundai Motors Totally Unresponsive
By V. S. Boynton

2012 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My all wheel drive lights keeps coming on. The handbook says do not drive but take car for service. We did four times. Our local dealer will not fix it. Hundai headquarters keeps lying to us. Does not call, tells us they have written to us on Oct. 18. Letter never arrived. Now we have filed the Lemon Law. This is my second Hundai but I will never buy another one if they do not fix this. Now I do not know if my all wheel drive will protect me when winter comes again. I had been in Arizona the last winters, so don't really know if this is a serious problem or not but why would the handbook say it is a problem? Hundai will not help you! Be forewarned.

All the Thrill of Watching Grass Grow
By ebie

2012 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Driving this boring car is almost as much fun as watching grass grow.
Hopelessly underpowered, it takes forever to get up to highway speed, and merging into highway traffic is a religious experience.
The ignition often doesn't want to release the key, resulting in the epic "man vs machine" battle.
The bolt holding the driver's seat in place on its track has come out on its own several times, leaving the seat at the lowest position, which is lovely if you are tall or don't mind sitting on the floor.
This car has a rough buckboard ride.
Driving in the rain with the standard tires is rather unnerving as the car feels as though it is slipping and sliding rather than rolling smoothly forward

None. This vehicle is a complete and utter snooze to drive.

Putting an adequate engine with decent horsepower in it to alleviate the lousy acceleration would bea nice place to start.

Tuscon: Overpriced Disappointment
By mybestequinox

2012 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a Tuscon because I wanted the style and improved gas mileage over my heavy Chevy.
I had owned a number of Hyundai vehicles and had largely been pleased with them.
Two Sante Fes and the Luxury Hyundai.
This vehicle did not match up.
My son said, "You don't drive this car.
It drives you."
Constantly have to correct steering.
Can't control acceleration.
Won't accerate, then takes off whining.
I was happy the day I bought it and the day you sell (albeit at a loss).
Miserable in between.

Dealer unable to remedy any of the complaints.

Sold at 12,000 miles.
Whew.
Will never buy another Hyundai.
Got my Equinox back and love it as well at the real 32 mpg.

Styling. The vehicle looks nice from the outside. I like the bright cranberry red color. Low sleek stance.

Once Hyundia acknowledged that they "miscaculated" the mileage on "only 43%" of it's fleet, I no longer had the stomach for this vehicle or for the new Elantra which I also owned. First of all the interior, as described by others appears very cheap even tho it was the Limited most expensive version of the vehicles. The stated mileage never came close. So I had a smaller and more expensive vehicle that looked cheap and plastic on the inside with poorer mileage. Linkage poor. Jumpy and uncontrollable. The design and engineering on the insideis poor with controls not where you would expect them to be and leather that feels like course vinyl. Rides like a bouncing brick.