Used 2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited SUV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Great Crossover
By Tyler

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am really enjoying the Tuscon. I bought the 2011 Limited 2WD with 50,000 miles. I traded in a 2008 Durango so I am getting used to it. Of course the gas mileage is fantastic compared to what im used to and I never used the 3rd row seating. Could use a little more cargo room with the two kids, but the front and back seats have pretty much the same room I was working with. I actually have more room in the drivers seat than I did in my Durango and im more comfortable. Still getting used to being closer to the ground, but it doesnt sit too close for comfort. The ride is pretty smooth, what you would expect from a crossover probably. The bluetooth and navigation and ipod control are excellent in my opinion, no complaints there at all. The dash is pleasing to the eye and I cant really find anything to complain about. Everything is designed rather well and reachable from the drivers seat. Im 5'11" and a bigger guy and I have plenty of room. The leather is great quality in my opinion and the heated seats are fantastic. The all glass roof is awesome, I had that in my Scion tc years ago and didnt realize how much I missed it. When people complain about "there is a little rattle in the trunk." and stuff like that it makes me laugh. Turn on the radio and get over it. Cars make noise. Well see how it does on the family trips because going from a 22 gal tank to a 13.5 will make stops a little more frequent. The car is slick and is very pleasing to the eye, everyone that has seen it loves it. I bought an extended warranty just to be safe and hope to never use it of course. Between city / hwy so far im averaging 26mpg. Not too bad.

22500 miles and all good except...
By jshea11

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Until the last month or so, no real complaints.
Never felt it was quite as solidly built as my 98 Honda Accord EX (which my kids are now driving with no problems) but was willing to overlook as I haven't bought a new car in 10 yrs and figured maybe standards have changed.

However, now I'm hearing a bit of rattling in the rear seat left side door that starts up anytime I get over 45 mph.

Color, double sunroof, front seat comfort, all the "extra" features that come in the "Limited" Good size for smaller framed drivers... I am 5'3" and find the seating to be very comfortable.

Better insulation to reduce overall noisiness of cabin.

So far, so good
By ringside

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My Black/Saddle int. 2011 Tucson Limited is just under 3 months old and I've put 7k miles on it. The ride and steering are firm and a tad bouncy, but I love that about it. I went from a gas guzzling, but more powerful Grand Cherokee. My gas mileage is significantly better than my Jeep was, but is not quite the 22/31 on the sticker. I average between 18.5-20 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on hwy trips from Dallas to Austin. I need to point out that I drive the vehicle quite hard as, I sometimes try to make up for the power I was familiar with. I would surely get better mpg if I drove under "normal conditions". Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase!

I love the panoramic sunroof, and the fact it has an audible alarm to let you know if you have left it tilted/open when you exit the vehicle. I've also recieved many compliments on the color (Saddle) of the seats. I love the navigation system, but I do have one concern. We are working on our 28th straight day of 100+ degree heat and twice now my navigation has frozen on the "Hyundai" screen upon startup. It only un-froze after the 3rd restart on both occasions. Not sure if the heat is the cause but I'll have it checked out.

The car has a pretty decent subwoofer built into the cargo area, but if I put the bass anywhere close to "center", my front doors rattle like cheap plastic. It's not even rap music! I would suggest more insulation in the doors to correct this. The backup cam is hard to see at night, so maybe added/brighter reverse lights would help. For the price, I wish it would have come with push button start/proximity entry feature like even the new Elantra has. I know it's a Hyundai, but HID headlights would be awesome to offer. Last but not least, I'd like to see a blind spot monitoring feature on later models, since the technology is fairly inexpensive and already out.

Best value for the money on a small SUV
By kako2

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In looks alone is the best of all small SUV's not counting SUV's that cost more than twice as much. For the price of a loaded Tucson, you can only get an entry level Tiguan or any other model. The only comparable SUV for quality and value is the KIA but t does not even come close to the good looks of the Tucson. Got my Limited, with navigation and sky roof for 26k(MSRP was 28.9k), not sure if it was the best deal but I am satisfied with the price.

Sky roof, leather sits in the Limited are way better that the partial leather sits on the GLS, good looking heels/rims, blue tooth/iphone jack, Teflon handles (specially in hot weather), trunk's rubber mat and big enough, light and look of gauges and displays, transmit ion feels solid, quick car for a 4 cylinder

Black paint gets easily stained, might be because of the extra protection the dealer applied

GPS System
By sand1042

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The desgin of the GPS in this car is very bad. You can't use in the daylight.
It has the back-up camera but it's worthless during the day. A true waste of our money for this package.
Other than that we really like the car.