2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV - Consumer Reviews

Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:
22500 miles and all good except...
By jshea11 on 03/29/12 17:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Until the last month or so, no real complaints. Never felt it was quite as solidly built as my 98 Honda Accord EX (which my kids are now driving with no problems) but was willing to overlook as I haven't bought a new car in 10 yrs and figured maybe standards have changed. However, now I'm hearing a bit of rattling in the rear seat left side door that starts up anytime I get over 45 mph.

So far, so good
By ringside on 07/28/11 09:09 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My Black/Saddle int. 2011 Tucson Limited is just under 3 months old and I've put 7k miles on it. The ride and steering are firm and a tad bouncy, but I love that about it. I went from a gas guzzling, but more powerful Grand Cherokee. My gas mileage is significantly better than my Jeep was, but is not quite the 22/31 on the sticker. I average between 18.5-20 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on hwy trips from Dallas to Austin. I need to point out that I drive the vehicle quite hard as, I sometimes try to make up for the power I was familiar with. I would surely get better mpg if I drove under "normal conditions". Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase!

Best value for the money on a small SUV
By kako2 on 06/30/11 15:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In looks alone is the best of all small SUV's not counting SUV's that cost more than twice as much. For the price of a loaded Tucson, you can only get an entry level Tiguan or any other model. The only comparable SUV for quality and value is the KIA but t does not even come close to the good looks of the Tucson. Got my Limited, with navigation and sky roof for 26k(MSRP was 28.9k), not sure if it was the best deal but I am satisfied with the price.

GPS System
By sand1042 on 04/28/11 16:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The desgin of the GPS in this car is very bad. You can't use in the daylight. It has the back-up camera but it's worthless during the day. A true waste of our money for this package. Other than that we really like the car.

Poor gas mileage
By hotrod5 on 01/20/11 17:18 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I considered this vehicle initially because it was rated with 27/32 mpg. Not even close. I now notice it is rated 20/27 mpg. Were they not being truthful? I love the car, how it drives, and the styling, but I will not ever get over this mileage issue--especially since gas prices have gotten so high. I agree with other reviewers that the rear window needs a water squirter and that egress causes dirt on your leg due to the wide sill plate. The center console does not have a shallow tray so I went to the kitchen store and bought a small baking pan to hold my little stuff. Weird, huh?

Almost a 10
By Car Girl on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my fully-loaded Limited about 2 weeks ago and generally like it a lot. I am not happy with the gas mileage which is about 28.4 on the highway. I was hoping for at least 30+ mpg. The Aurora Blue is a beautiful color which does not show dirt as did my previous black vehicle. I have some hip and back problems, but this vehicle is very comfortable. This small SUV is large enough for my needs and it is nicely equipped. My husband and I are both tall, and there's plenty of room for us.

2011 Hyundia Limited 2WD
By Joe on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Limited meets my expectations and is fun to drive and use. It is comfortable and gets very decent gas mileage. Highway driving at 65 mph with some steep hills averages 29 mpg. Country driving at 45 mph averages 32 mpg. I let the cruise handle the gas instead of my big foot.

I love my Tuscon Limited
By fly girl on 08/05/10 17:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased the Hyundai Tuscon and I love it. Very comfortable seats. Went to Dayton, OH and got about 26 miles per gallon. Highway noise was limited, and the ride was comfortable. Plenty of driver and passenger leg room. The controls are very easy to reach. Good pick up and go. Was able to pass with having to floor it like I did in my Saturn Vue. So far I am very pleased.

Tucson 2011 MPG
By Buck on 07/18/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Hyundai advertises on TV that the 2011 Tucson gets 30 mpg. My experience for the first 2000 miles is 21.9 mpg. Most of the driving is highway and short trips (5 miles) to town.