Used 2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

More to be desired.
By skpk81

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Drove this vehicle for over 3 years and purchased new. Began to notice problems right away. Bouncy ride, felt more on second row seating. Fuel economy MPG numbers far from advertised. Small fuel tank 13gal equals short range. Annoying Rattle noise coming from trunk, noisy shocks. AC fan replaced at 17k miles because of high pitch noise. Low pressure tire sensor failed. Fan speed choices not adequate, its either too high or too low. Driver and passenger seat too narrow.

Seat materials are durable and easy to clean. Ok ride at low speeds. Standard blue tooth.

Too many to mention.

The most awesome car I've ever seen!
By monicamae4

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 Hyundai Tucson, limited. We got such a sale, 18,900, 39,000 miles, for a fully loaded. We went for a Toyota Rav 4, 2011 with 54,000 miles on it, for the same price. Test drove both, and, the Tucson's much smoother ride beat the Rav by miles. I can't drive large vehicles and don't like sedans. This CUV, seems like it was made for me. I love the small turning radius, so much. The seats are very comfortable, even the back seats are as wonderful as the front. I cannot stop talking about this car, I, me, I actually have a Tucson in my driveway, it just blows me away. Driving this CUV, is a very fun experience, can't believe there aren't more out there.

My favorites on this car, is the fact that it's an SUC, but, very compact, with so much space inside the front and back. Love the turning radius, sun roof, leather seats, rear view camera, my (favorite). The way mr car looks, compared to all the other CUV's, the Tucson looks the best.my kids love the heated seats. Also, love, being up higher, sedans are so low to the ground.

To creat a sun visor, or something of that nature, for the nav system. To make the arm rest a little closer to the front for people who have to sit closer.

Great SUV
By khym54

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV GL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased a used 2011 Tucson GL with a 5 speed manual. Very happy. Love the small turning radius. Getting 25-29 mpg in a mix of about 75/25 city/highway driving. Happy with the gas mileage. Lots of room for what we need. Handles well. It has adequate power.

small turning radius - good gas mileage - good visibility - handles well - seems like a quality interior for the price - excellent leg and headroom for someone over 6' tall

ride is a bit choppy - more road noise than I would want

The verdict is still out...
By vtecman

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 58,000 KM on my limited, so lets start with the good. The styling is beautiful. This vehicle is beautiful inside out. Hyundai has definitely changed their game to appeal to a wider base. The bad: - Mileage - Constantly between 11.6L/100km to 12.7 L/100km. Not a big fan. - Fan started making noise at 45000km. Dealer fixed. - Sunshade from sunroof opens partially every week. Dealer says its due to the vibration form the wheels. (What vibration?) - Rattle in trunk (Same reason as above apparently) - Bluetooth sounds muffled to receiving party (Seems fine to the dealer) - Oil changes every 6000 km (Is this car from the 80's?) Overall we will see if it goes downhill...

Great Small SUV / Crossover
By realcsi

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have approx. 43,000 miles on my 2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited with auto geartronic trans. It has the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine. I average 22 MPG combo driving, city/highway. No engine or transmission problems. It's a great small versatile suv/crossover vehicle for those that don't constantly haul large loads, carry five passengers, or tow. The built-in navigational system/stereo is great.

Hyundai should squeeze a few more horsepower out of the small engine without lowering the MPG.