Used 2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Most Helpful|
Wonderful vehicle
By piper15

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 2011 Tuscon Limited for one month. I went for the totally loaded vehicle with 18" wheels. After test driving several other small SUVs, I tried out the Tuscon and fell in love immediately. The leather seats are very comfortable, and I really like the bluetooth and navi. The storage capacity is just right for me. As for the mileage, I am getting around 26-28 mpg combined. I am quite happy about this. It seems with each tank of gas I am getting a little better mpg. If I reset the mpg trip when driving on the highway, it says Im getting 33-35 mpg. If that is true, it would be great. Bottom line is, I love my Tucson more and more each day.

Favorite Features

leather seats, bluetooth, interior design

GPS System
By sand1042

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The desgin of the GPS in this car is very bad. You can't use in the daylight. It has the back-up camera but it's worthless during the day. A true waste of our money for this package. Other than that we really like the car.

2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited - What a Mistake
By maximov

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle in Nov 2010. The first thing I noticed was the gas milleage that I am getting compared to the manufacturer values. It was way off. I get less than 20MPG. So OK. I can live with that. Then the car turned 2 years old then the trouble begun. You name it and it broke. CV boot, fan motor, power sunroof, ABS and just yesterday, all the warning lights on the dashboard went off at the same time. That was scary. The ABS engages even when I am just going 30KPH on a bone dry road. I thought that Hyundai had fixed their quality problems from the past but they obviously haven't yet. I had owned 3 CRVs in the past. I should have bought a 4th one. This is the first AND LAST Hyundai!!!

Favorite Features

Styling is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability and quality. No passing power.

Great Small SUV / Crossover
By realcsi

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have approx. 43,000 miles on my 2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited with auto geartronic trans. It has the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine. I average 22 MPG combo driving, city/highway. No engine or transmission problems. It's a great small versatile suv/crossover vehicle for those that don't constantly haul large loads, carry five passengers, or tow. The built-in navigational system/stereo is great.

Suggested Improvements

Hyundai should squeeze a few more horsepower out of the small engine without lowering the MPG.

The verdict is still out...
By vtecman

2011 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 58,000 KM on my limited, so lets start with the good. The styling is beautiful. This vehicle is beautiful inside out. Hyundai has definitely changed their game to appeal to a wider base. The bad: - Mileage - Constantly between 11.6L/100km to 12.7 L/100km. Not a big fan. - Fan started making noise at 45000km. Dealer fixed. - Sunshade from sunroof opens partially every week. Dealer says its due to the vibration form the wheels. (What vibration?) - Rattle in trunk (Same reason as above apparently) - Bluetooth sounds muffled to receiving party (Seems fine to the dealer) - Oil changes every 6000 km (Is this car from the 80's?) Overall we will see if it goes downhill...