2011 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:
More to be desired.
By skpk81 on 09/08/14 09:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Drove this vehicle for over 3 years and purchased new. Began to notice problems right away. Bouncy ride, felt more on second row seating. Fuel economy MPG numbers far from advertised. Small fuel tank 13gal equals short range. Annoying Rattle noise coming from trunk, noisy shocks. AC fan replaced at 17k miles because of high pitch noise. Low pressure tire sensor failed. Fan speed choices not adequate, its either too high or too low. Driver and passenger seat too narrow.

The most awesome car I've ever seen!
By monicamae4 on 08/17/14 06:11 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 Hyundai Tucson, limited. We got such a sale, 18,900, 39,000 miles, for a fully loaded. We went for a Toyota Rav 4, 2011 with 54,000 miles on it, for the same price. Test drove both, and, the Tucson's much smoother ride beat the Rav by miles. I can't drive large vehicles and don't like sedans. This CUV, seems like it was made for me. I love the small turning radius, so much. The seats are very comfortable, even the back seats are as wonderful as the front. I cannot stop talking about this car, I, me, I actually have a Tucson in my driveway, it just blows me away. Driving this CUV, is a very fun experience, can't believe there aren't more out there.

Great SUV
By khym54 on 03/03/14 09:19 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Tucson GL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased a used 2011 Tucson GL with a 5 speed manual. Very happy. Love the small turning radius. Getting 25-29 mpg in a mix of about 75/25 city/highway driving. Happy with the gas mileage. Lots of room for what we need. Handles well. It has adequate power.

The verdict is still out...
By vtecman on 02/22/14 18:05 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 58,000 KM on my limited, so lets start with the good. The styling is beautiful. This vehicle is beautiful inside out. Hyundai has definitely changed their game to appeal to a wider base. The bad: - Mileage - Constantly between 11.6L/100km to 12.7 L/100km. Not a big fan. - Fan started making noise at 45000km. Dealer fixed. - Sunshade from sunroof opens partially every week. Dealer says its due to the vibration form the wheels. (What vibration?) - Rattle in trunk (Same reason as above apparently) - Bluetooth sounds muffled to receiving party (Seems fine to the dealer) - Oil changes every 6000 km (Is this car from the 80's?) Overall we will see if it goes downhill...

Great Small SUV / Crossover
By realcsi on 10/15/13 07:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have approx. 43,000 miles on my 2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited with auto geartronic trans. It has the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine. I average 22 MPG combo driving, city/highway. No engine or transmission problems. It's a great small versatile suv/crossover vehicle for those that don't constantly haul large loads, carry five passengers, or tow. The built-in navigational system/stereo is great.

Such a fun car to drive
By igibbons on 04/19/13 07:12 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I recently traded in a 2012 Kia Sportage 6 speed manual for a 2011 Tucson that my girlfriend can drive as well. I wish I had gone with the Tucson from the get go. The steering provides relatively good feedback and it responds quickly. On twisty roads I would consider it sporty. The ride can be slightly firm but it IS an suv and that lends to the fun factor around corners. Gas mileage is low 20's but I spend most my days in city traffic and when I can let loose I push the engine. Cabin is comfortable and visibility is great when you properly adjust your mirrors. Completely happy with this new vehicle.

2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited - What a Mistake
By maximov on 02/14/13 11:22 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle in Nov 2010. The first thing I noticed was the gas milleage that I am getting compared to the manufacturer values. It was way off. I get less than 20MPG. So OK. I can live with that. Then the car turned 2 years old then the trouble begun. You name it and it broke. CV boot, fan motor, power sunroof, ABS and just yesterday, all the warning lights on the dashboard went off at the same time. That was scary. The ABS engages even when I am just going 30KPH on a bone dry road. I thought that Hyundai had fixed their quality problems from the past but they obviously haven't yet. I had owned 3 CRVs in the past. I should have bought a 4th one. This is the first AND LAST Hyundai!!!

Stiff
By kws1949 on 12/22/12 22:29 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Don't expect to ride cloud 9. My GLS will make running over a mouse feel like a speed bump! Suspension is VERY stiff...and so is the handling...will turn on the blink of an eye. Heating system is so-so. Comfortable for smaller people but as I'm a BIG man, the seats are not built for me. AWD helps in the rain and snow here, which is the major reason I purchased the car.

Great car, I would buy it again.
By heffelz8 on 07/23/12 07:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I bought this as our very first new car together. We bought the AWD as we live in Michigan and winters can be a bit hectic sometimes. In town we average around 22 mpg. Not bad, but highway is anywhere from 26-34 mpg, depending on how heavy your foot is. When we cruise at 55-65 mph is where we really get between 32-34 mpg. Other than that, it relatively good in the snow and there is plenty of fold down cargo space. If you utilize the trunk, you may be disappointed as there is not much trunk space. Overall it's a great car, 13k on it and not a problem. I'll wait till it hits 60,000 before writing another review.

Extremely Disappointed
By rtexas on 06/28/12 09:15 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle new in May, 2011. Manifold was replaced at 5,000 miles, between 5K and 13K it had to be replaced 2 other times. Radio system had to be replaced; brake switch had to be replaced. Yesterday the vehicle was towed to the dealer as the transmission switch was defective. I was stranded on the road when the transmission switch broke; I understand vehicles have a break-in period; however, I believe this is out of the ordinary. I contacted Hyundai and was told that the dealer will repair all mechanical problems. Not the answer I was expecting.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Tucson in VA is:

$106 per month*