2010 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:
Follow up on 2010 Tucson
By broncob on 08/12/11 10:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Follow up review to our Tucson after 20,000 miles. My wife and I's biggest hesitancy with purchasing a Hyundai was the long term reliability. The warranty obviously helps mitigate those fears, but we still didn't want our car to be constantly breaking down. I am happy to report that after 20,000 miles, we have not had a single issue with our vehicle. We live in the mountains of Colorado, so it has seen extreme conditions and plenty of hills, and it handled it all beautifully. The 4 cyclinder does fine on the passes, the AWD did great in the snow and rain, and we averaged about 26 MPG all around. My only complaints about the car are numb steering and the ride is a little rough, but not bad.

This DOES NOT get better with age
By mazhater on 06/22/11 18:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Tucson Limited PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Loved this vehicle when I bought it, but quality issues are starting to pop up. Paint chipping too easily, performance issues, electronic glitches. Service issues too. On a recent visit I got the car back with rear bumper damage. I don't think this vehicle will be in very good shape at two or three years old.

Rattle and Shake
By rowbean on 04/08/11 19:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I loved my car from day one. It never got the gas mileage they swear by, but I still loved it. I purchased it May 2010 and ran the A/C all summer with no problems. After 10 months, the entire car would shake and rattle when the A/C was on. It was like nothing I had ever felt. I had to take it 3 times before they would finally speak to the factory rep. After 5 days, they finally determined the A/C condenser was warped. Its still in the shop today.

Great...As Long As You Don't Drive
By jvanrees on 03/14/11 18:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Tucson Limited PZEV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Hyundai really packs a lot of features for the price, unfortunately they are not packed very well. I get a new rattle every day I drive this car. The dash, door panels, tailgate among other places I have yet to locate. The dealer is unhelpful in fixing all the creaks. In addition, the ride is very, very, firm. On the plus side, I find the seats comfortable and their is plenty of space for our three person family. I bought the Tucson to replace a 2001 VW Passat and sorely miss that car.

A mixed bag
By dagrabe1 on 01/06/11 07:44 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We've been driving this vehicle now for 9 months. My wife loves it (it is primarily her car) but I'm not so sure. What I like: An incredibly short turning radius. The look of the vehicle, both inside and out. All of the extras at a reasonable price (heated leather seats, bluetooth, etc). What I don't like: The ride is really rough, much rougher than my Nissan Maxima or even my beat up old pickup. You will feel every bump on the road. Most annoying: The gas mileage we've been getting isn't even close to the EPA rating. Low teens in town, low 20's on the highway. I don't drive like a maniac (anymore). If I pushed it hard I'd hate to think how bad the mpg would be...

Hate it already
By hater1 on 12/11/10 20:18 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Tucson Limited PZEV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a loaded limited awd couple of months ago and can't stand it already the ride is horrible around town can feel every bump and imperfection in the road on the highway it's not that bad.The tranny isn't very good either the 2nd to 3rd gear upshift jolts the car into gear very rough but only those 2 gears for some reason had it to 2 dealers now and they can feel it but they have driven othrs on the lot that do the same thing and said that's just the way they shift??? I've been driving for 21 yrs and had many cars and never had 1 shift like that unless the tranny or computer were bad!!! The bluetooth is horrible also the other person cannot here you very well.Going to look elsewhere soon

Love It!
By Happynewowner on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have had it since March, Love my Ride!!! Turning Radius is so small it's like driving a go-cart, so much fun to drive. 6 speaker stereo is awesome too. I really have no complaints except the drivers seat could have been filled with firmer padding on the sides, seems to be wearing out already. Getting 25 MPG around town and 30 on the highways so very pleased with that.

If it were quieter it would be perfect.
By Rehabber on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 6 months ago and now have 5000 miles combined Hwy/City. The engine/trans combination of this vehicle makes it feel like a 6 cyl. Just a lot of fun to drive. Mileage has been 20 city/27 Hgwy which I can live with coming from an '04 Trailblazer. The only downside of the vehicle is the highway road noise on concrete. I had to put a 4" foam pad under the spare tire to absorb some of the noise and stuff polyfill into the rear wheel well covers. The tires are also part of the problem. An upgrade to the Michelin Primacy MVX4, which are rated far better for road noise would be an improvement.

Problems
By newtusconowner on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Got our new car in June of 2010. At 4300 miles, two weeks after our first oil change, it broke down, at first service couldn't find problem, but finally diagnosed as fuel pump failure. Pick car up and drive out of dealership and warning lights go off again, car sputters and almost stalls, horrible grinding noise and white smoke from engine, now diagnosed with A/C compressor failure. Worried about what will come next. Brand new car shouldn't have these many problems. Been in a rental car for four days and counting.

Very Happy With My Tuscon
By mah on 09/01/10 08:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my new Tuscon. It has great pick up on the highway, the air- conditioning cools the car off fast, it handles well around town, and the styling is great. The only thing I am disappointed with is the gas mileage. It is not getting the advertised gas mileage and I only get about 310 miles to the tank. I wish I would have upgraded to the Limited however because I am not super happy with the leatherette seats. They are comfortable, easy to clean and don't look bad, but I wish I had gotten the leather.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Tucson in VA is:

$117 per month*