Used 2009 Hyundai Tucson SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Tucson SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Lady Driver loves Tucson
By ladydriverca1

2009 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just a great car. At 80K miles now, with no problems whatsoever (even in scorching Arizona). Averages 22-25MPG, which I think is good compared to other 2009 SUVs. A comfortable vehicle, even on long road trips. Fun to drive, quiet, lots of interior cup holders, and the last year of this beautiful model. A perfectly not-too-big SUV that still elevates the driver. Comparable to the old (wonderful) Isuzu Rodeo.

The warranty has been honored on everything in the two states I've lived in. Also, the back seat is so easy to fold up and down (in two parts) without shifting the front seats forward or altering the back seat's headrests. Nothing on the interior or exterior has broken, fallen off or faded (huge to me); leather has hardly worn at all. Love the sunroof and back windshield wiper, seriously. Rearmost area comes nicely carpeted (instead of easily scratch-able plastic).

Nothing, really. Great storage pockets, no major blind spots, and everything has worn pretty darn well. Maybe if you are a shorter female you might wish the rear entry had a deeper/longer "top" window/door to easily load groceries (you kind of have to lift them up and in right now).

Never again
By lb401

2009 Hyundai Tucson SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Gas mileage is terrible considering similar SUVs with larger engines get the same or better. SUV that drives like an SUV... not a problem for me, but not a good vehicle to learn in. Would never buy another.

Love my stick shift Tucson!
By former Saturn owner

2009 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wasn't planning to purchase this but the stick shift sold us. I love the driving experience and Hyundai's attention to detail. Warranty a big plus. I've never driven an SUV so it's been a learning experience, but I love this car. It's pretty quiet and handles very well.

The little things: sunglasses dock; pop-up armrest/stash bin; layout of the dash; the bowl on top of the dash; clippy things to hold bags in the rear cargo area and passenger side; storage options everywhere.

My base model didn't come with key fob lock/unlock. Would have had to install aftermarket, bah humbug.

Great Car
By Owner

2009 Hyundai Tucson SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Car feels solid. Turns on a dime. No noise. When you step on the gas it goes. Radio and disc player good. When it rains keep windows up or you will get wet. Friends are impressed with the smooth ride. Not a huge SUV but just enough. Back hatch door a bit heavy to close but I guess they all are. Bought it with no frills and am happy with it. I would buy another one.

My favorite feature is the car itself. The smooth ride and the ability to do many things with the space it provides. Glad my brother suggested it to me.

Lower the windows on the sides so that you can see a bit more while backing up. Adjustable steering wheels in all models.

Just bought me one!
By Melz son

2009 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2009 Tucson and I like what I've seen so far. The interior is clean and efficient. The exterior is stylish.

The stylish interior and exterior

A little more "get up and go"