2009 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:
Never again
By lb401 on 02/24/14 10:30 AM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Gas mileage is terrible considering similar SUVs with larger engines get the same or better. SUV that drives like an SUV... not a problem for me, but not a good vehicle to learn in. Would never buy another.

Love my stick shift Tucson!
By former Saturn owner on 09/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wasn't planning to purchase this but the stick shift sold us. I love the driving experience and Hyundai's attention to detail. Warranty a big plus. I've never driven an SUV so it's been a learning experience, but I love this car. It's pretty quiet and handles very well.

Great Car
By Owner on 07/25/10 05:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Car feels solid. Turns on a dime. No noise. When you step on the gas it goes. Radio and disc player good. When it rains keep windows up or you will get wet. Friends are impressed with the smooth ride. Not a huge SUV but just enough. Back hatch door a bit heavy to close but I guess they all are. Bought it with no frills and am happy with it. I would buy another one.

Just bought me one!
By Melz son on 12/29/09 08:30 AM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2009 Tucson and I like what I've seen so far. The interior is clean and efficient. The exterior is stylish.

First SUV
By Denise on 10/28/09 05:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my first compact SUV. Love it so far. I am 66 so had running boards installed to help my older friends get in. Love riding high. Pickup is a little slow but after that, great. I am really enjoying the vehicle and get great comments from my friends.

not enough power
By cindy on 08/25/09 15:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love the look of it. my main complaint is lack of power. Even though it is a 4 cyl I expected a little more power. hard to make hills and inclines if you don't get a good head start. I don;t know if the streets around here are real bad because you can feel all the bumps & uneven surfaces.

More than enough
By Aaron on 08/11/09 08:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was expecting an under powered SUV and I was pleasantly surprised when it had more than enough. This vehicle just continues to impress us. My wife and I have to take turns driving it. Our other mode of transportation is a V-8. We're already getting 10 more MPG. With the warranty it's truly worry free driving. I'd recommend it to anyone.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Hyundai Tucson in VA is:

$118 per month*