2008 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:
a wonderful little SUV
By awongmath on 03/15/09 15:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this little SUV for 15 months now, with nary a service problem or defect. I test drove a RAV4, VUE, Escape, and the CRV; I needed a vehicle that could easily tote my daughter's everyday wheelchair and a sport wheelchair. This SUV is roomy (can hold her everyday wheelchair in the back or two medium dog crates w/o putting the rear seat down), is great fun to drive, and the turning radius is good (better than Mazda MPV, about the same as a Camry, not as good as a Volvo or BMW sedan).

hmmmmm, jury is still out.
By Salem Boicot on 11/19/08 16:03 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So far, I like the general conservative styling of the vehicle. I have the black interior which gets rid of a lot of the tackiness and cheap feel. Audio is great. Handling is brilliant for a car in its' class. A few blind spots, but otherwise vision is good. Space is well used in car, although question to the depth of the dashboard, could be smaller so that the interior is forward with larger boot. Fuel economy and engine performance is rubbish. Thus far have got no where near what the dealer claimed, transmission is horrible, it needs 5 gears with better ratios, and it loves a drink. You watch the fuel gauge more than the road. Don't get this if you want an economical car.

Great vehicle
By DeerJohn on 11/16/08 18:10 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When I decided I no longer needed a pickup, I looked at RAV4 and CRV, but chose the Hyundai because of price and warranty. I no longer consider American-made cars. The Tucson is roomy, comfortable, handles well, and has great visibility. The 4c engine seems noisy and underpowered to me compared to my wife's 4c Accord, but I no longer need those features. I did expect better gas mileage than 24 mpg, but that may improve. One bad feature is the light-colored interior, which is hard to keep clean. Did not think of that when I bought. I always felt that home carpets and car interiors should be a dark color, as people tend to walk on them. Seatcovers and mats help.

I Love this ride!!
By karin on 11/01/08 18:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Although I have had it for a few weeks I love this ride! My previous relationship was a Hyundai (Elantra) and that alone convinced me that this was a firm purchase and solid vehicle. I love the way it handles and the space on the inside. Any compact car owner could transition comfortably into this vehicle. I am trying to convince my husband to get the Santa Fe which is the 2nd gen of the Tucson. I am totally in love with this vehicle!!

Going very nicely
By Tom on 10/27/08 11:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very sharp turning circle. Entire vehicle well constructed. Firm ride but sporty. Gas mileage so far for mixed driving is 23-25 mpg. Good view of road and the rear. Nice high driving position. Quiet for a 4 cylinder.

So far very nice.
By tom on 10/20/08 14:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Only 800 miles so far. Firm ride but sporty feeling. Can see well out of the vehicle. Seems well constructed. Mixed gas mileage so far 24-25 mpg. Nice short turning circle.

I'm sold on Hyundai
By JerZee on 09/29/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, great price, room galore. Quite, solid ride. My insurance went down $240 a year because of the safety features. Traded in my 2007 Patriot with no regrets. Tucson has larger storage area, more comfortable seats and sits higher. Very good mileage for this type of vehicle in a 4 cyl. A 4x4 will use more gas. 6 cyl,not worth the trade off for the difference in horsepower and mileage. Trailer hitch can tow small loads from the home centers. It is a heavy vehicle, with the front wheel drive, 4 wheel isn't needed if you're not an offroader. Quieter then the Rav4. Switched to synthetic oil increased mileage slightly. Still breaking in average about 24.4 mpg on hwy.

Comfort & Intelligent Interior
By Country Girl on 08/28/08 00:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Quality interior & creature comforts sold me on this as well as a solid ride, not jittery like the Honda. Very well thought out! Front seat folds flat, several plugs for accessories such as dvd player, plenty of cubby holes, 6 cup holders, storage nets on back of both front seats. 4 adjustments for driver seat-very comfortable for a bad back. Great ride & handles nicely with tight turning radius. High quality materials. Very quiet & little windnoise. Very deceiving on power, feels like it is slower than it really is, power is adequate, about the same as a Ford Ranger & does great on the hills with it smooth shifting tranny. Can manual shift. Excellent mileage, 27 mpg in town.

Just got but love it !!!!
By Derby on 08/19/08 08:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV w/XM (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my Tuscon and love it so far. I have heard complaints about the mileage, but my only problem I have with that is, I want to drive mine everywhere, even if I have no where to go, because it is very nice to drive so if i am using more gas it is because I am driving more.

Awesome
By Lori on 07/13/08 18:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV w/XM (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love the way my new SUV handles. The gas is pretty good on highway, 28 and 22 around town. Not too shabby. It's extremely comfortable and very roomy. It offers a lot for the price. Tinted windows in the back, the seats fold down and the window in the way back can open with out opening the hatch back. I don't really have any dislikes. The only thing that I wish I could have gotten is four wheel drive. The warranty is Fantastic.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.