Used 2007 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Tucson

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Great Value
By SKR

2007 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

better packeges at a greater value as compared to honda crv and toyota rav4. Fun to drive.

heated seats, side mirrors and wipers. rear door opens up instead of to the side. alpine frost color unique. folding seats. audio system/speakers are great. lots of standard equipments/great value. fog lights standard.

fuel mileage not as advertised. more storage needed under radio/get rid of ashtray. needs controls on steering wheel. IPOD jack would be great.

Could be better
By Bill

2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We generally like the car. It has been reliable and the gas mileage not bad - around 30 mpg on a trip. The 4 cylinder is underpowered but adequate for around town and long trips providing you don't live in the mountains.

Quiet ride. Interior room good. Good front and side visibility. Headlights are awesome. Nice styling. Fit and finish good.

My wife is short and likes the seat back upright - the headrest cannot be adjusted far enough back to be comfortable. I have a problem with pain in my right hip from the seat bottom when driving on long trips. Very poor rear visibility. Not enough storage space in the dash. Go to a timing chain.

I'm Extremely Satisfied!!!
By Marlene

2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first SUV. I traded in a Toyota Corolla which gave me excellent gas mileage but was a very uncomfortable ride, particularly for my lower back. I was a little nervous about buy a Hyundai based on previous low ratings. So, I test drove the Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Ford Escape and the Nissan Xterra. I was not impressed with any of these models. However, The Hyundai Tuscon passed all tests with flying colors (comfort, style, color, reliability, etc., etc. I just love it!!

Size, comfort, keyless entry, rear window entry.

Better gas mileage - I'm hoping this improve with car age. Also, it would be nice to have a lever inside to open the rear door. Otherwise, it's a great vehicle.

Lacks Pep
By JohnQ

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I ve had my Tuscon for several months now. I love the design and layout - both inside and out. Very impressed with the quiet, smoothness of the ride. Handles corners very well. But lacks power on hills. You would expect better from a 6 cyl SUV that only gets 23 MPG. Just things to consider. However, for me the pros outweigh the cons. I am very happy with the purchase.

Lots of space in a small SUV. Very roomy interior. Controls are layed out well and convenient to operate. Lots of extra cargo space (nice design). There were a variety of cool colors to select from. I love the Alpine Frost.

For a 6 cyl, it lacks pep. Not very aggressive. I am 5'10, and the front seat arm rest doesn't seem to be positioned correctly for comfort. Improve gas mileage.

Pretty Great Vehicle - SO FAR!
By Thor

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this in February of 07. Had a baby on the way so needed something besides my Mustang to tote a kid. Overall this was a great choice, made after a lot of research. I find the milage to be great, cargo room surprisingly large and driving comfort to be outstanding. I also tested a Santa Fe and even though it's the next "bigger" model, I felt it had less headroom than the Tucson. On the downside, it does seem a little underpowered, especially with the air conditioning running. I also don't like that the power supplies (lighter and rear cargo area) don't have power unless the engine is running. That sometimes makes it difficult to charge the cell phone. Overall, I dig it!

Fold-flat rear seats, shift-tronic capability, headroom (especially after 3 years in a Mustang!), color schemes

More powerful engine, lighter/power outlets that work ALL the time!