Used 2007 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Tucson

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

I'm Extremely Satisfied!!!
By Marlene

2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first SUV. I traded in a Toyota Corolla which gave me excellent gas mileage but was a very uncomfortable ride, particularly for my lower back. I was a little nervous about buy a Hyundai based on previous low ratings. So, I test drove the Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Ford Escape and the Nissan Xterra. I was not impressed with any of these models. However, The Hyundai Tuscon passed all tests with flying colors (comfort, style, color, reliability, etc., etc. I just love it!!

Favorite Features

Size, comfort, keyless entry, rear window entry.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage - I'm hoping this improve with car age. Also, it would be nice to have a lever inside to open the rear door. Otherwise, it's a great vehicle.

Lacks Pep
By JohnQ

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I ve had my Tuscon for several months now. I love the design and layout - both inside and out. Very impressed with the quiet, smoothness of the ride. Handles corners very well. But lacks power on hills. You would expect better from a 6 cyl SUV that only gets 23 MPG. Just things to consider. However, for me the pros outweigh the cons. I am very happy with the purchase.

Favorite Features

Lots of space in a small SUV. Very roomy interior. Controls are layed out well and convenient to operate. Lots of extra cargo space (nice design). There were a variety of cool colors to select from. I love the Alpine Frost.

Suggested Improvements

For a 6 cyl, it lacks pep. Not very aggressive. I am 5'10, and the front seat arm rest doesn't seem to be positioned correctly for comfort. Improve gas mileage.

Pretty Great Vehicle - SO FAR!
By Thor

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this in February of 07. Had a baby on the way so needed something besides my Mustang to tote a kid. Overall this was a great choice, made after a lot of research. I find the milage to be great, cargo room surprisingly large and driving comfort to be outstanding. I also tested a Santa Fe and even though it's the next "bigger" model, I felt it had less headroom than the Tucson. On the downside, it does seem a little underpowered, especially with the air conditioning running. I also don't like that the power supplies (lighter and rear cargo area) don't have power unless the engine is running. That sometimes makes it difficult to charge the cell phone. Overall, I dig it!

Favorite Features

Fold-flat rear seats, shift-tronic capability, headroom (especially after 3 years in a Mustang!), color schemes

Suggested Improvements

More powerful engine, lighter/power outlets that work ALL the time!

Poor Traction
By BillF

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is nice but it doesn't get the traction one would expect from a 4WD. The tires have a "B" traction rating which would mean lower end. Other than that it's not a bad SUV. In many ways it's better than the more expensive counterparts.

Favorite Features

Nice looking car. No major blind spots. I looked at the Toyota Cruiser. It's very boxy looking and the pillars present blind spots. I also like the spare tire hidden, not in the way on the back door (like many SUV's). The tuscon is also a very quiet ride. On board computer is an awesome touch.

Suggested Improvements

Put better quality tires on like AA or A rating for temperature and traction, not B. Would improve handling in snow and ice. Gas mileage is horrible!!!! Similar MPG as the Hummer.

Cute SUV
By Gerald

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our Tucson SE for four months now and love it so far. We have driven it in mountains on one long trip from Wis. to N.C. and it preformed well. We got 4,400 miles on it so far, and enjoy driving it very much. We have read some reviews saying they got poor gas mileage, so far were getting close to 23mpg overall. We like the size of this SUV its is a very roomy five seater. We also love the color we chose alpine frost.

Favorite Features

The looks and the color alpine frost. The storage room especially with the back seats and passenger front seat folding down flat. My wife loves the clips to hold bags of groceries and misc.

Suggested Improvements

Take out ashtray replace with storage and make the ashtray optional. Center needs armrest between seats. Need less angle to headrest on front seats, it's uncomfortable for a tall person in either of the two adjustments. It can be reversed for comfort but doesn't serve as much purpose then.