2007 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:
I'm Extremely Satisfied!!!
By Marlene on 10/19/07 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first SUV. I traded in a Toyota Corolla which gave me excellent gas mileage but was a very uncomfortable ride, particularly for my lower back. I was a little nervous about buy a Hyundai based on previous low ratings. So, I test drove the Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Ford Escape and the Nissan Xterra. I was not impressed with any of these models. However, The Hyundai Tuscon passed all tests with flying colors (comfort, style, color, reliability, etc., etc. I just love it!!

Lacks Pep
By JohnQ on 09/29/07 05:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I ve had my Tuscon for several months now. I love the design and layout - both inside and out. Very impressed with the quiet, smoothness of the ride. Handles corners very well. But lacks power on hills. You would expect better from a 6 cyl SUV that only gets 23 MPG. Just things to consider. However, for me the pros outweigh the cons. I am very happy with the purchase.

Pretty Great Vehicle - SO FAR!
By Thor on 09/19/07 10:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this in February of 07. Had a baby on the way so needed something besides my Mustang to tote a kid. Overall this was a great choice, made after a lot of research. I find the milage to be great, cargo room surprisingly large and driving comfort to be outstanding. I also tested a Santa Fe and even though it's the next "bigger" model, I felt it had less headroom than the Tucson. On the downside, it does seem a little underpowered, especially with the air conditioning running. I also don't like that the power supplies (lighter and rear cargo area) don't have power unless the engine is running. That sometimes makes it difficult to charge the cell phone. Overall, I dig it!

Poor Traction
By BillF on 09/15/07 08:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is nice but it doesn't get the traction one would expect from a 4WD. The tires have a "B" traction rating which would mean lower end. Other than that it's not a bad SUV. In many ways it's better than the more expensive counterparts.

Cute SUV
By Gerald on 09/03/07 09:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our Tucson SE for four months now and love it so far. We have driven it in mountains on one long trip from Wis. to N.C. and it preformed well. We got 4,400 miles on it so far, and enjoy driving it very much. We have read some reviews saying they got poor gas mileage, so far were getting close to 23mpg overall. We like the size of this SUV its is a very roomy five seater. We also love the color we chose alpine frost.

Good things come in small packages
By bigbuckslarry on 08/23/07 11:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We have a two car garage but there is not enough room for everything else such as bikes, snowblower, lawnmower, other tools, and just moving around. I am 6'3" tall weighing in at 250+ lbs and have back trouble. Any sugestions for my next car ? Escalade: too big for the garage. Element: too clunky of a drive. Rav4: too long with the tire on back. CR/V: also too long (but at least they put the tire away). Tuscon: Eureka !! It is a SUV for my back and yet it is small enough for the garage. I got the LTD which is luxurious enough. This car has a tremendous amount of elbow room. Bravo Hyundai.

Anti perforation warranty - Rust?
By gargoyle on 08/22/07 09:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Pretty good car. Doesn't handle potholes or bumps as well as the Pontiac Torrent, but still very nice for the price.

Leader of the Smaller SUV Pack!
By Christy A Jacobs on 08/20/07 14:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Only have had the car about a week but it drives great, real smooth and has comfortable seating. I love the Nautical Blue color I have. So far no issues, but I have only 320 miles on it. I am a loyal Hyundai owner (traded in my Elantra plus my husband has an Elantra) and the Tucson does not disappoint what I have come to expect with Hyundais. I got the base model, but boy is it loaded with features for a base model! The only complaint I have is the GLS seems to be a touch underpowered at a 140 HP 4-C engine. But then again, the 4-C gets better gas mileage too. Got almost 400 miles to my 15 gallon tank full, so that's not bad.

Nice SUV
By Lone Eagle on 08/20/07 09:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is a nice SUV, for those not needing a huge vehicle. The outside is very attractive - sleek. Not boxy like other SUV's. I chose Nordic White and had black pinstripes added. I love it. Special features that cost more on some SUV's come standard on the Tuscon.

Nice rig
By Flyfree on 08/17/07 09:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just puchased the Tuscon. I love the looks and very ample interior space. The seat is not that comfortable. And head room for tall people is lacking somewhat. I am getting 23 MPG, mixed 1/2 interstate and city traffic. I looked at 4 other SUV; Pontiac Torrent, Saturn, Jeep Compass, and KIA Sportage. The user friendly interior sold me. Entire back seats fold down completely flat (plus they recline). Lots of nice touches. Not the least of which is it's nice looking and has a great projected durability according to C.R.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.