Used 2007 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Tucson

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Love my little SUV
By kelleejoe

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased an 08 Tucson SE. I had been looking for a compact suv. I needed something awd or 4wd, with enough room to haul golf clubs, get me where I need to go in style, and not cost an arm and a leg. The looks of the vehicle are great, it's fun to drive, I feel safe safe in it, I get tons of compliments and no one can believe that I spent so little on it.

Favorite Features

Safety features are excellent, love the roomy interior, exterior design looks sharp, love the push button 4wd, back glass opens independently of door, CD-MP3 compatible, comfortable interior on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof whistles a little, so I have to keep the slide cover thing closed, not to hear it. Multi-disc player

2007 Tucson SE V6
By M8080

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Shopped for a year for the right Mini SUV. Test drove the Ford Escape, Explorer, Saturn Vue, Suzuki, and Chevrolet Equinox, among others. The Tucson's features and Quality beat them all, hands down, not to speak of the pricing. If you want value for your dollar, test one yourself. American Car Makers, especially, still don't understand that. I drive my vehicles for 10-12 years, and if I take care of them, I expect them to hold up, not fall apart before my eyes. Hyundai builds a solid product. I expect to be driving this vehicle for many years to come.

Favorite Features

MPG rated at 22 city, 26 Highway. I usually get 24 city, 28 Highway! Roomier and smoother ride than the vaulted Escape. Fit and Finish are exceptional.

Suggested Improvements

Don't take delivery with the stock Bridgestone Tires. Choose the Kumhos instead. Three of my Bridgestones are almost worn out at 17000. Tirerack supports this poor view of this tire. Interior front armrest is too low which is a minor detail and has been noted elsewhere. Need a Hybrid version.

Nice little truck!
By New Port Richey, FL

2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2007 Tucson for 18 months. It continues to perform pretty much in the way I would expect. The back is quite roomy and will hold luggage for 4 easily. Mostly, I use the back to transport my dog. It's perfect for that, especially with the addition of the cargo tray. I drive 80 miles daily (round trip) to work. I have no complaints about the performance and handling of this vehicle on country roads, expressways and city streets. It's small enough to maneuver in city traffic, but peppy enough to keep up with the demands of highway driving. If you want a small (SUV) truck, this is a great vehicle!

Favorite Features

I love that the rear window opens independently from the hatch. The seats fold down flat for plenty of cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

There are a couple of things I would like to change on the interior: The armrest (doubles as the console) is too far away from the front seat to be useful. Even in the forward position my elbow doesn't reach it. I miss having a compass and outside temperature.

Power windows
By NickiD

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I have enjoyed the car. I get lots of compliments. Just this last week my power windows stop working. The dealership has had my car for 5 days and can not figure out why the fuse keeps blowing. The dealership says they have been in constant contact with Hyundai headquarters and still can't figure it out. I love the car hope they figure it out soon.

Favorite Features

I love everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing as of right now.

superb!
By jesusa emma gison

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

the performance of Tucson is great and its interior are nice and comfortable. all in all its 2 thumb- ups!!