Used 2007 Hyundai Tucson SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Tucson SUV

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

106,000 and still going strong
By jrenk

2007 Hyundai Tucson SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 5 years now and with 107,000 miles it has never given me an issue. Good around town, on the highway, and decent in the mountains. Found. Snow tires are a must if you have to get out in heavy snow! Comfortable, reliable, with good cargo capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is poor for this class. Average 15 in the city and 24 on the highway. Suburban driving usually comes in around 18 mpg.

Bad Gas Mileage
By rainybstn

2007 Hyundai Tucson SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A) at the end of 2007. I thought i had done significant research, but I must have missed the complaints about gas mileage. Although I really like the feel of the car, I expected better than 14mpg city and 18 hyw. I change my oil every 3k and have never missed a scheduled maintenance. The quilaity of paint is also very poor. Scratches very easily.

Favorite Features

I love that the seats all fold flat. It looks like a very small SUV but you can really fit lots of stuff in the back.

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage, Quality of paint.

Will never buy Hyundai again
By ralpho74

2007 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am a used car dealer. Bought this Tucson for my wife for fuel economy and it was a nice suv. Engine already making ticking noise with 40,000 miles. Went to Hyundai, they refused to fix. Said it was normal wear and tear. A Hyundai tech stated it needed a head job and that it should be covered under warranty.After talking to the service dept director, he refused to service it since it had been in an accident. Even though still a clean title with 40,000 miles, it wasn't covered under warranty. The accident was on the side doors. Nothing to do with engine. Reviews online state a lot of people with the same problem. Going back to Chevy. No more Hyundai. 100,000 miles warranty? NOT!

Favorite Features

Cute, roomy, nice. Why buy it if it has a known issue that Hyundai won't fix.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to hydraulic lifters. Solid ones take a beating and force them to wear out faster. In regards to warranty? I wouldn't believe it.

Speedometer Off
By ohiomom1

2007 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2007 Tuscon for fuel economy. I went from my 2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited to the Tuscon for better fuel economy. I like the car so far. I have a GPS with my MPH on it and noticed that my speedometer was off by 3-5 miles so I took it in to the Hyundai dealership because it is still under the MFG warranty and was told that this is NORMAL according to the manual and there was nothing that could be done. Very disappointing. I have NEVER had my speedometer off in any of my previous vehicles. Come on Hyundai - get it together.

Favorite Features

More roomy then the Honda CR-V or Rav4

Suggested Improvements

Better placement of center counsel, better MFG stereo system, better placement of steering wheel. My arm falls asleep driving in traffic.

I Absolutely Loved my Tuscon!!!
By slp12

2007 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Comfortable, smooth ride for myself and passengers. My elderly parents get in and out easily. Love the design and have always enjoyed driving it. The fold-down seats lay flat and I've used this vehicle as much like a truck as I have a car. Large items load easily in the back, and the clips on the back seats are great to keep groceries bags in place. Cup holders for everyone. But best of all is its safety. I was reacently broadsided by another driver. The force of the hit was extensive, but the vehicle did was it was designed to do: keep me as safe as possible. I'm plan to get another Tuscon...just not satisfied with anything else out there...I've looked but can't find a comparable.

Favorite Features

Safety, very roomy with plenty of leg room in the rear, lay-down seats lay completely flat with minimal obstructions from wheel-wells, comfortable and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

improve the gas mileage