2007 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:
106,000 and still going strong
By jrenk on 12/23/12 13:12 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 5 years now and with 107,000 miles it has never given me an issue. Good around town, on the highway, and decent in the mountains. Found. Snow tires are a must if you have to get out in heavy snow! Comfortable, reliable, with good cargo capacity.

Bad Gas Mileage
By rainybstn on 02/27/12 12:28 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A) at the end of 2007. I thought i had done significant research, but I must have missed the complaints about gas mileage. Although I really like the feel of the car, I expected better than 14mpg city and 18 hyw. I change my oil every 3k and have never missed a scheduled maintenance. The quilaity of paint is also very poor. Scratches very easily.

Will never buy Hyundai again
By ralpho74 on 02/16/12 11:40 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am a used car dealer. Bought this Tucson for my wife for fuel economy and it was a nice suv. Engine already making ticking noise with 40,000 miles. Went to Hyundai, they refused to fix. Said it was normal wear and tear. A Hyundai tech stated it needed a head job and that it should be covered under warranty.After talking to the service dept director, he refused to service it since it had been in an accident. Even though still a clean title with 40,000 miles, it wasn't covered under warranty. The accident was on the side doors. Nothing to do with engine. Reviews online state a lot of people with the same problem. Going back to Chevy. No more Hyundai. 100,000 miles warranty? NOT!

Speedometer Off
By ohiomom1 on 12/27/11 22:29 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2007 Tuscon for fuel economy. I went from my 2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited to the Tuscon for better fuel economy. I like the car so far. I have a GPS with my MPH on it and noticed that my speedometer was off by 3-5 miles so I took it in to the Hyundai dealership because it is still under the MFG warranty and was told that this is NORMAL according to the manual and there was nothing that could be done. Very disappointing. I have NEVER had my speedometer off in any of my previous vehicles. Come on Hyundai - get it together.

I Absolutely Loved my Tuscon!!!
By slp12 on 08/24/11 10:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Comfortable, smooth ride for myself and passengers. My elderly parents get in and out easily. Love the design and have always enjoyed driving it. The fold-down seats lay flat and I've used this vehicle as much like a truck as I have a car. Large items load easily in the back, and the clips on the back seats are great to keep groceries bags in place. Cup holders for everyone. But best of all is its safety. I was reacently broadsided by another driver. The force of the hit was extensive, but the vehicle did was it was designed to do: keep me as safe as possible. I'm plan to get another Tuscon...just not satisfied with anything else out there...I've looked but can't find a comparable.

Hyundai Tuscon 2007
By MDW on 05/17/10 20:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Impressed with the solid build quality and reliability to date. Lacking somewhat in interior space, but then it is a 'compact', so not surprising really. Handles well in snow and on dirt roads, and the ESC works well. Privacy glass in the back is a good feature. WE tested the RAV4, CR-V, Escape and Patriot, and felt this was good value for money, with a similar feel of quality to the Honda or Toyota, but cheaper.

Good Value
By Ellie on 10/18/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Makes driving fun. Fuel is not bad, but could be better - 21-27. Had an oil leak when I first got it, but they fixed it, and it has been good. I did have a problem with the rubber filler along the fenders discoloring. That was replaced, but will need done again. I park in the same sunny place every day. Good visibility over cars in the same class.

It's a steal!
By fierysprite on 05/02/09 06:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Hyundai in August of 2007 and haven't looked back since. It's reliable, fun and roomy. When comparing to other similar type vehicles (equinox, RAV, etc.,) you simply can't beat the reliability and price.

40,000 Miles in less of Two Years
By Pedro J Matos on 03/30/09 18:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my truck, I almost live on the roads of Puerto Rico. As an IT person I keep driving daily, to reach my Customers a on different parts of this Island. I try Suzuki, KIA, Mitsubishi but I love my Tucson.

1st time Hyundai Owner
By blackartschild on 01/03/09 18:08 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Tucson for 6 months. We have driven it all over Florida and back and forth to Kentucky a couple times. When it comes to long-distance driving, I can drive for many hours while remaining comfortable. It is also very good on gas. The sound system sounds incredible. I can't say enough about how much I love this little truck. When we travel, we fold down the back seats for our two border collies. It's perfect for them.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.