Used 2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Great, Dependable, plan to keep it.
By Richard

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2006. I am retired so the vehicle only has 26,000 on it. I change the oil and required maintenance done twice a year due to the low mileage driven.
The car has been very dependable and the only major costs I have had was replacing the battery in the past year and now was told it was time to replace the tires (26,000). The V-6 is no barn burner but gets the job done.
I would recommend this car to anyone but would explain that I have only driven it 26,000 in ten years. Gas mileage is and never has been great. I would say 16-17 in town and maybe 25-27 on highway. It has never seen 20 and 30 as advertised or rated.

USED 2006 Hyundai Tuscon
By Robyn

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV GL 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2 yrs ago it has 150,000 miles runs great looks very clen inside and out. Engine looks brand new. Runs rellay good, no problems with car and has oil changed every 3,000 miles and checkups on all other parts. Love my SUV very dependable

What a piece of Korean junk!
By freud2000

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Brakes went out under warranty. But by 58000 miles they were out again. ESC and ABS lights and system recall taken care of and four years later same problem so we had to pay over $600 for a new brake light switch and a new G-force sensor. They had to pull the entire dashboard out to get to the G-Force sensor. Over $2000 for fluids change and belts and a bad water pump. Lower control arms went a few years ago ... that was a real treat replacing those myself. Battery went under warranty. Despite wheel balance and alignment the car vibrates under normal driving conditions. Underside would have rusted through had I not been keeping up with the rust. Drive timing rings are ready to crack.

The recall notices and the dealer buyback incentives ... yes ... get rid of this piece of junk.

Buy a Toyota instead ...

A very dependable SUV
By bobomack

I bought my Tuscan used with 62000 miles, no problems
on it. I also got a car fax on the history of this vehicle. The previous owner only had a brake caliper replaced. I drive quite a bit, this vehicle has never let me down. It now has 87000 miles and purrs like a kitten. I haul a good bit in the cargo area with the back seats folded down, plenty of power. I read some complaints about milage and engine power, this one is a power wagon which runs great. Perhaps it's the 6 cylinder vs the 4 banger, but I love this vehicle and would by another Hyundai hands down, but not until this one dies. Plenty of leg room, very dependable!!

One of the best cars I have owned......
By chezslav

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this car then bought it at the end of the lease. I have 90,000 miles on it and it has been trouble free. I did have to have the radio replaced but it was under warranty. I get 23.8 miles to a gallon.

The car is fun to drive, VERY practical, and is loaded with features. We have driven this car hard and often. It has been from coast-to-coast and back. I intend to keep it until it dies. It is comfortable, but I DO wish it had another 4-5 inches of legroom in front. We are ALL tall in my family.

I recently had the car detailed by my dealership and it looks brand new.

I change the oil, fluids....etc..as needed. If you can find one of these cars and it has been cared for, buy it!

The car is loaded, but not a limited. The FWD has been a solid performer.. All the safety features give piece of mind. I love the fact that the back window opens without the whole back gate needing to be raised. Very functional roof rack that I have modified with a wooden rack to add more capabilities. Love the styling and visability offered.

More leg room in front. A more adjustable radio where the EQ can be set by the driver instead of having to use the pre-sets EQ settings.