2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:
What a piece of Korean junk!
By freud2000 on 12/02/14 06:00 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Brakes went out under warranty. But by 58000 miles they were out again. ESC and ABS lights and system recall taken care of and four years later same problem so we had to pay over $600 for a new brake light switch and a new G-force sensor. They had to pull the entire dashboard out to get to the G-Force sensor. Over $2000 for fluids change and belts and a bad water pump. Lower control arms went a few years ago ... that was a real treat replacing those myself. Battery went under warranty. Despite wheel balance and alignment the car vibrates under normal driving conditions. Underside would have rusted through had I not been keeping up with the rust. Drive timing rings are ready to crack.

A very dependable SUV
By bobomack on 03/14/14 13:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Tuscan used with 62000 miles, no problems on it. I also got a car fax on the history of this vehicle. The previous owner only had a brake caliper replaced. I drive quite a bit, this vehicle has never let me down. It now has 87000 miles and purrs like a kitten. I haul a good bit in the cargo area with the back seats folded down, plenty of power. I read some complaints about milage and engine power, this one is a power wagon which runs great. Perhaps it's the 6 cylinder vs the 4 banger, but I love this vehicle and would by another Hyundai hands down, but not until this one dies. Plenty of leg room, very dependable!!

One of the best cars I have owned......
By chezslav on 05/10/12 09:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this car then bought it at the end of the lease. I have 90,000 miles on it and it has been trouble free. I did have to have the radio replaced but it was under warranty. I get 23.8 miles to a gallon. The car is fun to drive, VERY practical, and is loaded with features. We have driven this car hard and often. It has been from coast-to-coast and back. I intend to keep it until it dies. It is comfortable, but I DO wish it had another 4-5 inches of legroom in front. We are ALL tall in my family. I recently had the car detailed by my dealership and it looks brand new. I change the oil, fluids....etc..as needed. If you can find one of these cars and it has been cared for, buy it!

Problems Galore! **Rebuilt Warranty**
By akkyle on 11/01/11 19:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My family bought a new 2006 Hyundai Tucson GLS 2.7L 4 speed Automatic in the fall of 2006. We have had it maintained every time at or before 3000 miles or 3 months (It has under 50,000 miles as of now, fall of 2011). When it was 3 years and approx. 30,000 it started having significant problems with the 4WD, transmission, and power steering. Now it has been sitting at the dealer for a month (NO JOKE!) for a ***REBUILT*** transmission to be put in and rear struts that recently started leaking. So far the dealer has not done anything to the car. We will never buy Hyundai again. RAV4 is the replacement SUV!

First SUV and Lovin it
By sunnydaze4u62 on 09/10/11 21:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had this little thing for a few weeks now but so far I love it. It handles very well on the road and the look is just what I have been looking for, its the right size for me. Only two complaints about it....not enough leg room for the driver and upfront passengers and the gas mileage. Was really hoping for a good MPG but I guess we cant have everything in life to go our way. It is used and I suspect that I will have some small issues coming around but all in all so far im very very happy.

best vehicle ever!
By tessm on 08/12/11 06:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV GL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Stellar in the '80's and I thought that was the best car I ever had. I was wrong. The Tuscon is now my favorite. I bought it new and have never looked back. I now have over 240,000 km on it and I have never had any problems. Sure I have had to have new brakes and tires put on it but don't you have to eventually on any vehicle? I drive a lot, especially on the highway and I always feel safe and secure in this car. I have moved three times and have loaded more things into it than you would believe. I also have two big dogs and they have never complained about the lack of room.The body and interior still look like new. Its is a truely great vehicle!

Good value, no fun
By meh! on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased with 6000 mi on it as a dealership demo. Spongy brakes from day one, underpowered V6 and poor gas mileage. 3 recalls so far. Starter cable came loose on a Saturday night and the vehicle would not start after work, small issue but very inconvenient. This car is a cheap no frills cross over that is not fun to drive, but certainly serves its purpose. I can load tons of stuff in the cargo area with the back seats folded flat. If practicality is what you are looking for the Tucson is a good purchase.

Strong, reliable and durable
By Buzzy on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it at the end of the '06 model year and loved it from day one. It's now the end of '10 and it hasn't hiccuped once. Still performs like the first day. Very powerful and quick V-6. The mileage reflects the extra horses, but the performance is stellar. The only issue with the '06 is the ESC computer and braking when it's in the manual shift position. It will go into ABS mode even when panic braking on perfectly dry ground and will scare the carp out of you. In standard drive mode it works perfect. All in all it's great, though and my next one will be another Hyundai.

Great little SUV
By squisheez on 07/30/10 21:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used, previous rental car. Haven't ever had a problem with it. It has always been super reliable. We over paid at the dealer, but it was our first "new car". We had no idea of what we were doing. It fits our family of four perfectly. But our kids are getting bigger,so we will be looking for something bigger now. Mini Van.

Late Bloomer! Good Vehicle!
By Dean on 05/25/10 08:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tucson SUV GL 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking at cargo space when I bought it new. The 2.0 L 4cyl 4WD Man. Transmission was not exactly what I wanted at first. The vehicle was really underpowered when new. I changed the oil with full synthetic & changed the air filter waiting for some change in power. At 25k miles, the engine started to change for the better. It loosened up and had enough power to get on the freeway and pull a trailer. My friends & I are impressed. I really enjoy driving it now and use it daily. The Dealer Shop has been good at checking it out and supplying parts. I like to work on it myself changing the oil & perform light maintenance checks. Friends with other SUVs like mine for its size and performance.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.