Used 2005 Hyundai Tucson GLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Reviews

2005 Hyundai Tucson

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

60,000 miles and now my engine just shuts off
By jmartin99

2005 Hyundai Tucson GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Tucson, and I have not had any issues until I brought it in back in August for its 60,000 mile warranty check up, and Now randomly my engine just shuts off while driving, this is scary. I have read up on many forrums that this is a problem that occurs in the 2005 Tucson. Shouldn't there be a recall???? This is dangerous!

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Fix the issue with the engines just turning off!!!!

Great Value, for the price
By Joe

2005 Hyundai Tucson GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the 05 Tucson in October and so far so good. The exterior is flashy and the interior isn't half bad either. the small v6 is good on gas and still has the pep that it should. Gear timing could be spaced a little more but i use the manual power shifter most of the time anyway. Good stock 6 speaker sound system with good midrange. Seat adjustment knobs are a little funny to play with; haven't quite found that perfect setting. 6 airbags are wonderful and give me peace of mind. Decent MPG. A great little sport cross for the price. I am impressed.

Favorite Features

Sport shifter, illuminated door lights when exiting, Sound system, 6 airbags, flashy climate controls.

Suggested Improvements

extended center armrest (too far back), guide for 3 point center rear safety belt needed, rear cup holders in back of center console instead of that weird storage compartment.

Poor resale /Trade-in value
By K.Kennedy

2005 Hyundai Tucson GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Tuscon, but having a few problems, when you go through standing water you lose power steering and a battery light comes on. Scared I will lose control. Also off and on the power locks will not work have to unlock each door manually.

Favorite Features

Love the size, but tried to trade in on a New Hyundai and The Dealership that I purchased this one from, gave me sticker price, and the lowest trade in value. I don't think they value their return customers very much!

I love it!
By MJ

2005 Hyundai Tucson GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car! I bought it almost two years ago and I can't wait to upgrade and get the new Tuscon! The design is sleek and the size is perfect for a family of 4, with a lot of storage space in the back. I've only had to complete basic maintenance. The interior design isn't a 10, but it serves it's purpose. My mother in law drove my car (she travels a lot and gets rental cars fairly often) and she loves my car compared to many others that she's driven.

Favorite Features

Stereo system, exterior design, leather seats with seat warmers :) Lots of interior room.

Suggested Improvements

Armrest is too low.

Love the Tucson
By JC

2005 Hyundai Tucson GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have had the Tucson 4+ years and still is fun to drive, good in winter and air con works great in summer. Own an Acura MDX as well but end up taking the Tucson everywhere. Could buy a new car but afraid another car won't be as much fun or as reliable...

Favorite Features

Drives like a dream, and cabin is very quiet

Suggested Improvements

Exterior styling needs improvement - the car is too good to look so odd