Used 2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Good car great price!
By sandor68

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought a 2008 in January 2014 for $4000. It has over 200,00km. Was looking for second car to drive around instead of my thirsty SUV all the time. I test drove a whole bunch of small cars and at the end it came down to a 2006 Mazda3 and the Tiburon. It all came down to looks and price. Love the Ferrari look and it was $1500 cheaper than the Mazda. Good all around car and handles and brakes better than the Mazda. Love it!

Looks great

Very tight back seats and not much headroom

Great first car!
By jmitchellw

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderfully fun yet underpowered and numb. Radiator went out after 5 years.

auto climate control, seats, tiptronic

engine, trunk release, styling, build quality, radiator

THIS CAR IS A POS
By blucas2

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Hyundai built a cheap car and used cheap parts. I can see the South Koreans that built this thing laughing seeing Americans driving it down the road. Numerous clutch problems, paint fading, four different tries at a e-brake and it's the noisiest car I've ever driven. Stay away whatever you do. This thing is a death-trap. I won't sell it because I don't want to have it on my mind that someone is out there driving that POS.

Nothing

scrap the car and start over. It's a junker and the Koreans should be ashamed of making it. Hell, Dodge is a better car than this!

tiburon
By kysheniuk

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

i buy this car when it has 10K miles now it has 18K and alternator went off...Hyundai is cheap car and parts is piece of...... my friend mechanic say that hyundai use plastic parts in their engines....

Worst Clutch Ever!
By abominablejohn

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 Tiburon SE V6 in May '11 with 13,000 miles in a Hyundai dealership in sunny South Florida. Over the course of 7 months, I put on about 6,000 miles on it mostly highway driving and driving it up to NYC. I am the second owner of the car and with less than 20,000 miles, my clutch has gone. My old Honda Civic was driven over 100,000 miles without ever having a new clutch. Dealership says clutch is not part of the warranty because it's a wear & tear item. How can Hyundai build a credible reputation for reliable when so many Tiburon owners are complaining of this defect with the clutch? I will send my complaints to all agencies and websites I can. Shame on you Hyundai!

Hyundai seriously need to take responisbility to acknowledge the defect with the clutch of all their Tiburons and issue reimbursements for all replacements. Having to pay over $1,000 out of pocket to change a clutch that stems from a manufacturer defect is wrong and shameful. I will never buy a Hyundai again and make sure to spread the word to everyone I know of this time consuming ordeal and financial strain I had to go through. Buyer Beware: the 10-year warranty does no good when you have to spend over $1,000 on repairs every 2 years because of a problem Hyundai has not addressed and is not taking responsibility to notify their customers and dealers to have remedy.