2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Good car great price!
By sandor68 on 02/22/14 20:12 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought a 2008 in January 2014 for $4000. It has over 200,00km. Was looking for second car to drive around instead of my thirsty SUV all the time. I test drove a whole bunch of small cars and at the end it came down to a 2006 Mazda3 and the Tiburon. It all came down to looks and price. Love the Ferrari look and it was $1500 cheaper than the Mazda. Good all around car and handles and brakes better than the Mazda. Love it!

Great first car!
By jmitchellw on 12/09/13 14:35 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderfully fun yet underpowered and numb. Radiator went out after 5 years.

THIS CAR IS A POS
By blucas2 on 05/13/13 09:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Hyundai built a cheap car and used cheap parts. I can see the South Koreans that built this thing laughing seeing Americans driving it down the road. Numerous clutch problems, paint fading, four different tries at a e-brake and it's the noisiest car I've ever driven. Stay away whatever you do. This thing is a death-trap. I won't sell it because I don't want to have it on my mind that someone is out there driving that POS.

tiburon
By kysheniuk on 03/25/12 11:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

i buy this car when it has 10K miles now it has 18K and alternator went off...Hyundai is cheap car and parts is piece of...... my friend mechanic say that hyundai use plastic parts in their engines....

Worst Clutch Ever!
By abominablejohn on 12/26/11 19:44 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 Tiburon SE V6 in May '11 with 13,000 miles in a Hyundai dealership in sunny South Florida. Over the course of 7 months, I put on about 6,000 miles on it mostly highway driving and driving it up to NYC. I am the second owner of the car and with less than 20,000 miles, my clutch has gone. My old Honda Civic was driven over 100,000 miles without ever having a new clutch. Dealership says clutch is not part of the warranty because it's a wear & tear item. How can Hyundai build a credible reputation for reliable when so many Tiburon owners are complaining of this defect with the clutch? I will send my complaints to all agencies and websites I can. Shame on you Hyundai!

Most Fun Lil' car I ever Owned!
By itztoofun on 09/01/11 23:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I checked several other cars that had the same 'Look" ,small and sporty Look , without the High price tag! This was by far , the best deal for my money! If you just want to cruise with the top back, have the sport car feeling, and not the high insurance cost! I bought the 5 speed GS model with a sun-roof. I have had more compliments on this car than I have ever had with ANY other car I've owned! Not planning on 'racing' with anyone, just enjoying the ride! Have not had any problems with the car in 3 years !!

08 Tiburon GT Limited
By bigboyzclub on 01/28/11 12:00 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car new from carmax, it was a gift for my soon to be wife, i didnt even know carmax sold new cars, great bang for the buck. at first she said HYUNDAI!!! what but with in a few weeks she started loving it whats not to love leather seats v-6 engine alloy rims, navigation, sun roof, etc. We loved this car unfortunately had to give it to my mom in a trade since we had a baby and there isnt much room for a baby seat. I would recommend this car to anyone and say look beyond the badge on the hood, hyundai makes capable cars for a lot less then most. Take a look do some research and see dollar for dollar they make great sense, trust me im a business man and i always look 4 a value!!!

I love my Tiburon SE V6 hatchback 2DR
By zachattack on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I personally love the car not just for its looks but for its potential if you put just about 5 grand under the hood. the car would be insane on power and speed. needs better rear anti roll bars and better brakes too. if you take a look online youll find plenty of parts for it. i plan on getting my v6 up to 520 horspower with a hella turbo haha new cams and a bunch of other performance parts. just dont look at her like a piece of crap look at her for wat she could be

Beware the clutch
By Bill on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

SERIOUS CLUTCH ISSUES-clutch covered for 12k miles-every vehicle I've owned was a standard, Tiburon clutch is junk, lasted 25k and died. Dealership blames "driving operation"-bunk!-owned all standards for 20+ years and never replaced a clutch in less than 90k- this lasted 25k-search "Tiburon Transmission" on Yahoo and you'll see there is a problem with the design of the clutch-it simply doesn't last- mostly highway, experienced standard driver I would expect more than 25k- good chance you won't get it-BEWARE- I'll never buy a Hyundai again- powertrain warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on

Great car! Cool love it!
By ohiobob on 07/02/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! I looked around didn't like competitors styling. This Car is great deal. I get looks by people in High End cars. Upgrade your stereo speakers and this is great car. Mine gets great mileage. Its good value! its not for everyone! But its great deal. I removed the "h" on the lids. And painted the "H" on the wheel caps black And it really looksa great now. Its a Super Super Car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.