2008 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
08 Tiburon GT Limited
By bigboyzclub on 01/28/11 12:00 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car new from carmax, it was a gift for my soon to be wife, i didnt even know carmax sold new cars, great bang for the buck. at first she said HYUNDAI!!! what but with in a few weeks she started loving it whats not to love leather seats v-6 engine alloy rims, navigation, sun roof, etc. We loved this car unfortunately had to give it to my mom in a trade since we had a baby and there isnt much room for a baby seat. I would recommend this car to anyone and say look beyond the badge on the hood, hyundai makes capable cars for a lot less then most. Take a look do some research and see dollar for dollar they make great sense, trust me im a business man and i always look 4 a value!!!

WOW!!!
By Spencer on 07/15/09 06:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 2008 used in 2009 a week ago with 40 (forty) miles on the odometer. What a steal!!! The car is sporty/fun/economical. Anyone driving this car that is over 6'1" might not have enough headroom. I got the GT LTD, and it has plenty of power, and being front wheel drive it seems to have more power than I need. The price cannot beat, and the GPS,Stereo,Auto Air conditioning are all great features that came with car. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Update
By DonPat on 07/06/09 11:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I now have over 1200 miles on my Tiburon, and thought I'd give an update. I finally broke in the engine, and starting at about 500 miles, my usable power increased dramatically. The engine now responds much more quickly when I hit the accelerator. The car is listed at 17 mpg in the city. That is what I get. It is listed at 23 mpg on the highway, but on a recent trip I got over 30 mpg at 75 mph. I still wish the GT Limited had an available 6-speed manual, or at least a 5-speed auto.

Sharp car, very comfortable
By DonPat on 06/11/09 08:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car a week ago, so keep that in mind. I immediately took a 200 mile trip. The seats are fantastic! Very comfortable. I have a bad back, and my back did not hurt at all. The ride is surprisingly smooth, especially given the low-profile tires. The 4-speed manual is not real sporty, and acceleration is not blazing. The engine sound on acceleration is sweet. There is a lot of room under the hatch. The rear seat is for children only, but holds a booster seat comfortably. If you want quicker response and acceleration, try the SE with 6-speed manual. I drove it, and it was smooth with great pick- up. I only got the Limited because my son will learn to drive on this car.

great car for the money
By ed on 11/26/08 09:46 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

You're not going to get the styling & features for the money in any other car. My main complaint is I could use a little more headroom. The sun roof takes away some of the headroom. I'm used to driving cars in this price range & I have to say this is the sportiest car I've had in a long time. Gas mileage could be better. I don't think I get the mileage advertised. Seems like I don't get very far on a tank of gas.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.