Used 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

08 Tiburon GT Limited
By bigboyzclub

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car new from carmax, it was a gift for my soon to be wife, i didnt even know carmax sold new cars, great bang for the buck. at first she said HYUNDAI!!! what but with in a few weeks she started loving it whats not to love leather seats v-6 engine alloy rims, navigation, sun roof, etc. We loved this car unfortunately had to give it to my mom in a trade since we had a baby and there isnt much room for a baby seat. I would recommend this car to anyone and say look beyond the badge on the hood, hyundai makes capable cars for a lot less then most. Take a look do some research and see dollar for dollar they make great sense, trust me im a business man and i always look 4 a value!!!

Favorite Features

navigation, stereo system, alloy rims, whats not to like.

Suggested Improvements

It was an outdated style but hyundai has replaced it with the genesis coupe and that car is sexy

WOW!!!
By Spencer

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 2008 used in 2009 a week ago with 40 (forty) miles on the odometer. What a steal!!! The car is sporty/fun/economical. Anyone driving this car that is over 6'1" might not have enough headroom. I got the GT LTD, and it has plenty of power, and being front wheel drive it seems to have more power than I need. The price cannot beat, and the GPS,Stereo,Auto Air conditioning are all great features that came with car. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Styling, GPS, Auto Air conditioner, Sunroof, Leather, real head turner. Switching from automatic to manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

More head room, trunk release on remote, bigger gas tank, center arm rest to be bigger, ability to open passenger side door with a switch.

Update
By DonPat

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I now have over 1200 miles on my Tiburon, and thought I'd give an update. I finally broke in the engine, and starting at about 500 miles, my usable power increased dramatically. The engine now responds much more quickly when I hit the accelerator. The car is listed at 17 mpg in the city. That is what I get. It is listed at 23 mpg on the highway, but on a recent trip I got over 30 mpg at 75 mph. I still wish the GT Limited had an available 6-speed manual, or at least a 5-speed auto.

Favorite Features

See last post.

Suggested Improvements

6-speed manual or 5-speed auto.

Sharp car, very comfortable
By DonPat

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car a week ago, so keep that in mind. I immediately took a 200 mile trip. The seats are fantastic! Very comfortable. I have a bad back, and my back did not hurt at all. The ride is surprisingly smooth, especially given the low-profile tires. The 4-speed manual is not real sporty, and acceleration is not blazing. The engine sound on acceleration is sweet. There is a lot of room under the hatch. The rear seat is for children only, but holds a booster seat comfortably. If you want quicker response and acceleration, try the SE with 6-speed manual. I drove it, and it was smooth with great pick- up. I only got the Limited because my son will learn to drive on this car.

Favorite Features

Red leather interior, fantasically comfortable seats, looks, navigation system/stereo, looks, engine sound, looks!

Suggested Improvements

I wish Hyundai had made the 6-speed available on the GT Limited.

great car for the money
By ed

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

You're not going to get the styling & features for the money in any other car. My main complaint is I could use a little more headroom. The sun roof takes away some of the headroom. I'm used to driving cars in this price range & I have to say this is the sportiest car I've had in a long time. Gas mileage could be better. I don't think I get the mileage advertised. Seems like I don't get very far on a tank of gas.

Suggested Improvements

more head room with the sun roof. Longer travel distance on a tank of gas. Some people like the sound of the engine. I would prefer a quieter ride.