2008 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Most Fun Lil' car I ever Owned!
By itztoofun on 09/01/11 23:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I checked several other cars that had the same 'Look" ,small and sporty Look , without the High price tag! This was by far , the best deal for my money! If you just want to cruise with the top back, have the sport car feeling, and not the high insurance cost! I bought the 5 speed GS model with a sun-roof. I have had more compliments on this car than I have ever had with ANY other car I've owned! Not planning on 'racing' with anyone, just enjoying the ride! Have not had any problems with the car in 3 years !!

Suprisingly fun and a great buy!
By Importguy84 on 05/29/10 14:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle just a couple months ago to replace my 2001 Accord 5- speed. To my surprise this car drives better than most reviews I have read and is far better on gas. Power is not breath taking but I will say it is more peppy than its specs would suggest. I drive about 50% of the time on the highway and the other in the city. I average about 28 MPG, not bad at all. The very slight lack of power of this vehicle is made up for in the corners. This car can really hold its own in the corners. People are amazed by the look of this car and I always turn heads at the traffic light. Interior is bright and really makes a statement. Overall great car, if you haven't driven one, try it out!

I love my baby
By Tiburon117 on 10/19/09 23:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely love this car! Quick, sexy, stylish, just over all this car stuns people. Could use more power but hey its a four cylinder. Almost beat my roommates El Camino with this car. I've been rear ended with this car twice and both times there was no damage just some scratches where the license plate lights are. This car drives like a dream. My only regret...well sort of, was not getting the V-6 model but i'm still happy with my four.

fun to drive tib
By lloyd on 05/05/09 23:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, I live in Hawaii and we have a lot of mountain roads. I drive from sea level to about 2700 ft elevation daily, get about 30 mpg so far." just bought a little over a month ago. Great on corners, smooth ride and has comfortable interior, use to have an elantra but I am enjoying new ride. I test drove a tib when I got elantra a few years back but went with mpg, now the sporty ride. Like the new design of body and head lights.

Great Car, Lacking Clutch
By Doug on 02/09/09 14:48 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased my 2008 GS and I am very impressed with its appearances, and the smooth shifting 5 speed manual transmission. However, I have driven many manual cars, a Mustang Cobra, Jeep Wrangler, Camaro Z28, Honda Civic, and an Eclipse GSX; I have NEVER driven a car with such a weak clutch. The clutch seems to ruin the good fun of the car for me, however when it goes bad I plan on upgrading to a stage 1 Clutch Master FX100, and there shouldn't be a problem with it. Overall, the Tib is a great car, and has a lot of potential. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a sporty car within the 16-20k price range.

fun, unreliable and costly
By robbie on 02/09/09 11:12 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you are going to buy a Tib stay away from the standard shift or you will regret it. My car has had to go in four times since I bought it. Twice for the clutch, once for a flywheel, and once for a snapped cable. The clutch will cost over a $1000 off warranty. I've been told privately by at least two different Hyndai mechanics that they are always replacing the clutches which are crap. The car is red, but it should be lemon yellow.

Excitment on the Road
By Tom on 01/18/09 08:54 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great looking car and for me a great time to buy. With Owner Loyalty and rebates this car is a great bargain. I purchased for a 17 year old driver but I find myself borrowing the car every chance I get.

Fun first coupe owned
By Bokyung on 12/27/08 11:16 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At first, I was attracted to the more powerful Civic Si, Scion tC, and the GTi from VW. The GTi and Si not being in my price range, I had to choose between the tC or Tiburon, which was very easy. The Tiburon GS is a great little coupe that looks a LOT better then most coupes in its price range. The Tiburon has a decent acceleration, and decent high-speed max. Handling is very good, and this car is also a good platform for the modding enthusiasts. The car is small, so its easy to maintain the exterior and interior.

A lot of fun in a little package
By Ted on 10/13/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I first saw this car, I knew I had to have one. So I test drove and bought my Tiburon about a month ago. After driving a Jeep for two years and an Explorer for five years before that, I was ready to get back into a fun car. The Tiburon is just that - fun. Very smooth ride and decent acceleration for a 4 cylinder, though when the a/c is on, the power cut is noticeable. The five-speed transmission is a little stiff. Also, that blind spot took a little getting used to. And don't expect to give rides to anybody over about 5'-10", especially in the back seat. Face it, this is not a family car. However, it is a lot of fun for the buck. Oh, and despite fuel ratings, I average 25 city/34 hwy.

A fun ride!
By JLR on 09/03/08 20:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this vehicle two weeks and I absolutely love it! It's a sports car without the sports car price. The I4 and 5 speed manual trans gets me going down the road very smartly and gets great gas mileage. I notice that people come up beside me on the freeway to take a double look to see what it is I'm driving. It's a real fun ride and I'd highly recommend it!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.