Used 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Most Fun Lil' car I ever Owned!
By itztoofun

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I checked several other cars that had the same 'Look" ,small and sporty Look , without the High price tag! This was by far , the best deal for my money! If you just want to cruise with the top back, have the sport car feeling, and not the high insurance cost! I bought the 5 speed GS model with a sun-roof. I have had more compliments on this car than I have ever had with ANY other car I've owned! Not planning on 'racing' with anyone, just enjoying the ride! Have not had any problems with the car in 3 years !!

Sun-roof! Look of the car is definitely a head turner! The 5 speed just gives you the "feel' of a sports car ! Kenwood stereo that came with it has been great!

Not made for anyone over 6'! Back seat is there, just not made for anyone to sit back there over an hour! Its pretty small!

Suprisingly fun and a great buy!
By Importguy84

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle just a couple months ago to replace my 2001 Accord 5- speed. To my surprise this car drives better than most reviews I have read and is far better on gas. Power is not breath taking but I will say it is more peppy than its specs would suggest. I drive about 50% of the time on the highway and the other in the city. I average about 28 MPG, not bad at all. The very slight lack of power of this vehicle is made up for in the corners. This car can really hold its own in the corners. People are amazed by the look of this car and I always turn heads at the traffic light. Interior is bright and really makes a statement. Overall great car, if you haven't driven one, try it out!

Exterior Styling is a real head turner. Interior Styling is eye catching and very bright, makes you feel like you are in a sports car. Corners like it is on rails.

A little more Horsepower, the car feels pretty peppy but I believe that is because the gears are shorter than average. Rear wiper blade. A little more leg and head room in the rear.

I love my baby
By Tiburon117

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely love this car! Quick, sexy, stylish, just over all this car stuns people. Could use more power but hey its a four cylinder. Almost beat my roommates El Camino with this car. I've been rear ended with this car twice and both times there was no damage just some scratches where the license plate lights are. This car drives like a dream. My only regret...well sort of, was not getting the V-6 model but i'm still happy with my four.

The body lines, sunroof, good speakers, great suspension, safety features. oil changes are super easy

more power but i'm not complaining. back seat is small, but was able to cram my six foot roommate and his girlfriend back there

fun to drive tib
By lloyd

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, I live in Hawaii and we have a lot of mountain roads. I drive from sea level to about 2700 ft elevation daily, get about 30 mpg so far." just bought a little over a month ago. Great on corners, smooth ride and has comfortable interior, use to have an elantra but I am enjoying new ride. I test drove a tib when I got elantra a few years back but went with mpg, now the sporty ride. Like the new design of body and head lights.

interior lighting, outside design, smooth shifting, stereo, price.

wish it had a turbo.

Great Car, Lacking Clutch
By Doug

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased my 2008 GS and I am very impressed with its appearances, and the smooth shifting 5 speed manual transmission. However, I have driven many manual cars, a Mustang Cobra, Jeep Wrangler, Camaro Z28, Honda Civic, and an Eclipse GSX; I have NEVER driven a car with such a weak clutch. The clutch seems to ruin the good fun of the car for me, however when it goes bad I plan on upgrading to a stage 1 Clutch Master FX100, and there shouldn't be a problem with it. Overall, the Tib is a great car, and has a lot of potential. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a sporty car within the 16-20k price range.

My favorite feature of the Tib is the interior styling, the black cloth interior is very attractive, as are the blue illuminated dash displays. I like the change of tail lights on the 07-08 models but the headlights are a bit less attractive than earlier tibs in my humble opinion

Fix the clutch problem and the tib is a great reliable car