Used 2007 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Not so sure...
By bd

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Really nice car to look at, but to drive - I'm not sure yet. It's got some great features, does well on the MPG - I got a amazing deal on it but the car lacks a little power and feels heavy at speed. It almost seems like one of those midlife crisis cars that have appearance but no substance?

Styling, MPG, reliability.

Few extra horses, lighter steering.

Impressive Tib SE
By bnick

2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Great car! The exterior styling is what let me to purchase the Tiburon. The price was well below comparable sports cars. My MPG is slightly better than I was expecting based on the published MPG. On the low end I have never got fewer than 24, and the highest has been 29. I now have driven it to 23,000 miles with no mechanical problems. A little wear spot on the leather seat bolster. The 6th gear, ratio, could be a little higher it "tacks" about 900rpm's higher that my old 5sp Mits. Eclipse at 60MPH. It could do better on fuel consumption if the 1-6th gear ratios were different, especially 6th. There is noticeable acceleration steer. The accelerator pedal and brake pedal are to close together.

Price, styling, great front wheel drive handling in snow, windy conditions. Factory rims a cool! Good quality in and out. Performance is acceptable for our commuter use of the car. Solid car overall. We are so impressed with this car that we are looking at a Hyundai SUV for the Wife.

gear ratio & mileage combo, pedal arrangement, glass radio antenna reception is poor. There are blind spots when backing up, passing. Locking jock box. Back seat head room. Track tuned suspension makes for great corner handling but a very stiff ride. Road noise is loud, especially with snow tires.

Love It!
By tigerchk09

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Tiburon new in 07 and a few months after I bought it it died on the railroad tracks and they had to come get it and take it to the dealership to fix it. After a week of having it back supposedly fixed it died again but after the second time they fixed I haven't had another other problems from it. It's a great car and I get tons of compliments I even walked outside one day to find a woman taking pictures of it because there aren't many in my area and mine is the only Limited for miles.

Bad Tires
By Bad Tires

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Tiburon new. I started having trouble with the tires right away. Had to air them up within first month, and every 6-8 weeks after that. Took it back to the dealer four times. They said no apparent leak, maybe a problem with the seal. So added nitrogen. 8 weeks later, a tire low again. Deal will not replace tire. Hyundai customer service says Hyundai is not responsible for defective tires, the tire manufacturer is. I purchased road hazard and extended warranty. Neither will cover defective tires. I don't feel safe driving the car.

cute car, but might be a piece of junk

improve quality and customer relations

Tampa Tib
By Tampa Tib

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my 07 Tiburon for over a year and I have not had a single problem with it in any way. This car is compact, and fun to drive. People will turn their head when they see you drive by. I have had compliments from other drivers while at the red light. The exterior gives a very sporty and pricey look. The interior is very sharp and modern looking. The vehicle is built very strong which is noticeable when you get in and close the door. Friends will want a ride with you all of the time. My friend say in the drivers seat, turned on the car and said "wow". The engine sounds great for a 4 cyl. and acceleration is impressive. I recommend this car mostly for reliability and looks.

Dual exhaust, pioneer sound system, exterior lights, interior, and Trunk space.

More power in the I4. Better acceleration while air is on.