Used 2007 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Love looks, could be built better
By Rae

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The car looks awesome, but I have had problems with it. First off it has rust spots on the hood and Hyundai said they are not responsible for it.Poor paint job. A year in a half into owning it, the clutch went out on me. The dealer asked me if it was my first stick shift car and I told him NO!!He then proceeded to tell me that I must not be driving it right and that I must be riding the clutch too much. I learned how to drive on a manual! It only had a lil less then 15,000 miles on it. After I talked to my mechanic and he told me there was no way that I ruined the clutch and the fly wheel and I informed the dealer of the poor reviews on the clutch, I got it fixed under warranty.

I love the way it drives. It is a very fun car and it looks sharp!! The price is great, and the compliments are amazing. Everyone thinks its a top of the line sports car that was real expensive. Little do they know!

I think they need to rethink the clutch system. It is a sports car, not a little Ford Fusion. Also, they might want to paint it a little better!

Not so sure...
By bd

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Really nice car to look at, but to drive - I'm not sure yet. It's got some great features, does well on the MPG - I got a amazing deal on it but the car lacks a little power and feels heavy at speed. It almost seems like one of those midlife crisis cars that have appearance but no substance?

Styling, MPG, reliability.

Few extra horses, lighter steering.

Impressive Tib SE
By bnick

2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Great car! The exterior styling is what let me to purchase the Tiburon. The price was well below comparable sports cars. My MPG is slightly better than I was expecting based on the published MPG. On the low end I have never got fewer than 24, and the highest has been 29. I now have driven it to 23,000 miles with no mechanical problems. A little wear spot on the leather seat bolster. The 6th gear, ratio, could be a little higher it "tacks" about 900rpm's higher that my old 5sp Mits. Eclipse at 60MPH. It could do better on fuel consumption if the 1-6th gear ratios were different, especially 6th. There is noticeable acceleration steer. The accelerator pedal and brake pedal are to close together.

Price, styling, great front wheel drive handling in snow, windy conditions. Factory rims a cool! Good quality in and out. Performance is acceptable for our commuter use of the car. Solid car overall. We are so impressed with this car that we are looking at a Hyundai SUV for the Wife.

gear ratio & mileage combo, pedal arrangement, glass radio antenna reception is poor. There are blind spots when backing up, passing. Locking jock box. Back seat head room. Track tuned suspension makes for great corner handling but a very stiff ride. Road noise is loud, especially with snow tires.

Love It!
By tigerchk09

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Tiburon new in 07 and a few months after I bought it it died on the railroad tracks and they had to come get it and take it to the dealership to fix it. After a week of having it back supposedly fixed it died again but after the second time they fixed I haven't had another other problems from it. It's a great car and I get tons of compliments I even walked outside one day to find a woman taking pictures of it because there aren't many in my area and mine is the only Limited for miles.

Bad Tires
By Bad Tires

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Tiburon new. I started having trouble with the tires right away. Had to air them up within first month, and every 6-8 weeks after that. Took it back to the dealer four times. They said no apparent leak, maybe a problem with the seal. So added nitrogen. 8 weeks later, a tire low again. Deal will not replace tire. Hyundai customer service says Hyundai is not responsible for defective tires, the tire manufacturer is. I purchased road hazard and extended warranty. Neither will cover defective tires. I don't feel safe driving the car.

cute car, but might be a piece of junk

improve quality and customer relations