2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

2007 Tiburon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Sort Reviews by

One Year Later...
By Joe

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First, I gave the performance a 5 because a stock GS can hardly get out of it's own way but for less than a GT costs you can upgrade performance parts that will not void the warranty and make it faster than a GT or SE. With that said. The car is way under priced! Exterior design is somewhat exotic and the interior, even after a year, is still not boring. Since owning the car I've had to replace my interior carpet because a hole wore in just below the gas pedal. That can be blamed on the dealer because they never gave me floor mats. Overall this is an awesome car but if you can afford it go with the GT or SE.

Favorite Features

Exterior body style, Ability to add performance parts without vioding warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Give the base model a significant horsepower boost.

My Shark
By Corke2

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Tib--previously owned a 2003 GT. I have had no problems. It is a fun car to drive and the price was right.

Favorite Features

Cornering, sunroof, automatic climate control, comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a tad bit longer so the back seats can be utilized for more than my briefcase.

Cool Ride
By Mike

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 1 year now, and has no problem with it. Still perform great, I have no problem with the performance of the car, as I can easily overtake any audis, bmws or benzies on the highway. Its true that the tiburon is not as powerful as some other high performance sport cars, but speed defend on both the driver and the car not just the car alone. The tib can easily do 180 km/h, but then again only pro race car drivers would drive any faster... Simply put, the tiburon is best of class in term of price per features. If you crave that extra power then you can easily add a supercharger on your tiby for only a few grands.

Favorite Features

The exterior design is stunning, if the Tib has no logo on it to identify the manufacturer, it would have look like some expensive and exotic sports car.

Suggested Improvements

Bolt on a SuperCharger or a Turbo on all model. It easy to do and not so expensive, I don't know why Hyundai have not done it so far.

What a GREAT driving/owning experience!
By EvB

2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

We originally owned an '03 Tiburon and '02 Jetta. We wanted to downsize to 1 car, so it had to be reliable, high-quality, and with great performance. Our '03 Tib had been awesome, but we initially felt like trying something new. We test drove 7 other '07 cars including Acura TSX, Eclipse GT, and Lexus is250. To our surprise, none of them could match Tiburon's combo of reliability, quality, performance, warranty, and features we wanted --- except the Lexus for $11,000 more! So, we bought the '07 SE (6-cyl manual). LOVE this car. A joy to drive, beautiful inside and out. Trust us: the back seat is fine for 2 adults for around town; front seat has as much headroom as the Jetta. 100% satisfied!

Favorite Features

Cloth/leather sports seats, European sport suspension, smooth transmission, MPG indicator on dash, great cabin heating/cooling (key in the Midwest!), instrument cluster/interior lighting, Traction control/ESC, sports tires (we also bought winter tires for Midwest winters--good call this year!)

Suggested Improvements

Don't understand why the hatch does not have remote entry like the driver and passenger doors. Was worth the "sacrifice" though

Bad Car
By Jack22

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase this car and it has been ok at first but after I put a few miles on it it started to break down on me. Hyundai did take care of the towing and labor the first 2 times but refused the third time. I would not recommend the car.

Favorite Features

Sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG and Reliability.

2007 Tib
By Felecia Roden

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love love love the Tib. Great gas mileage,hugs the curves, sporty and fun. Did have the sunroof to break a part, the dealership handled without event. Seems to be fixed. This car has been enjoyable to own, haven't no regrets, even when the payment is due!

Favorite Features

Fav feature is the body style,sleek,unique is beautiful on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spot as you try look back across lanes of traffic. Seats could be more comfortable.

Awesome Car
By German

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car looks much better in person than in the pictures. Everyone loves the car and its design. The standard features are awesome and it is a lot of fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Kenwood Stereo system, shiftronic, exterior and interior design

Suggested Improvements

More space in the back seating area

Personal opinion and comparisons.
By Maj_Oliver

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I recently bought my Tiburon GT back in August as a b-day for both my wife and myself. Since we bought the Tiburon we've put it to the test. I put ours on the track in it's initial break in phase <1K and broken-in >1.5K so to speak realms. Best times: (Track proven and mounted with window sticker over our mantle) 0-60: 7.537/6.819 Top Speed: 149 1/8 mile: 10.729 65.10 /9.879 71.42 The ride is INCREDIBLY smooth, even compared to my parents CLK 320 and ML 55 AMG Mercedes's. Cornering is phenemonal with minimal body roll. Also for you peeps wanting a date magnet, well this car will do the trick. Even my friends thought I spent over 30K but don't tell them I got it for 18.4 driveout.

Favorite Features

Handling, cornering, acceleration, throttle response, looks, ride, road noise is minimal to none, small back seats=keeps my friends from wanting to ride but allows kids to have a comfy and roomy ride. Price:Performance is outstanding. Bad weather handling and gas mileage is great.

Suggested Improvements

Really I can't think of any needed improvements except a more accessable E- brake for us shorter drivers with the seat near the dash :)

Sweet Tiburon
By medic880

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Tiburon and I love it. Everyone comments on how nice it looks. It drives like a million dollars. I hope I can make some changes without messing up the warranty.

Favorite Features

Sweet interior lighting, eye catching rims, kick a** sound system, nice tone to exhaust system.

Suggested Improvements

More options from Hyundai for upgrades after the sale. Rear hatch pushbutton release, more horsepower. Some of the interior scratches to easy.

Still a good car
By Maine

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned a 97 Tiburon, a 03 tiburon, and am now the proud owner of a 07 tiburon. I love the line, it's always provided me with fun driving and this year is no different. The most notable is the chassis just feels stiffer then ever. The steering is very tight and gives that racing feel. The 07 looks better then ever and Im enjoying it. I suppose when the new model comes out in 09 I will wait till around 12 and purchase that year! keep up the good work Hyundai

Favorite Features

New front and rear lights. Blue illuminated interior. Tight chassis and steering.

Suggested Improvements

More power in the 4 cylinder engines. Maybe putting a supercharger on it boosting it to around 210 horses or so.