2007 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
07 Tiburon GT Manual
By Scorpio on 09/14/09 12:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great comfort for a short person such as myself at 5'1! Only problems I have are the blind spots due to the side mirrors. Hearing some odd noises coming front front tires that can be described as a rubber rubbing noise that I will take it into the dealership to see what that is from. It's a sporty and fun car to drive! I have had numerous people ask me if it was a Porche!

Love looks, could be built better
By Rae on 08/11/09 13:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The car looks awesome, but I have had problems with it. First off it has rust spots on the hood and Hyundai said they are not responsible for it.Poor paint job. A year in a half into owning it, the clutch went out on me. The dealer asked me if it was my first stick shift car and I told him NO!!He then proceeded to tell me that I must not be driving it right and that I must be riding the clutch too much. I learned how to drive on a manual! It only had a lil less then 15,000 miles on it. After I talked to my mechanic and he told me there was no way that I ruined the clutch and the fly wheel and I informed the dealer of the poor reviews on the clutch, I got it fixed under warranty.

Not so sure...
By bd on 04/07/09 17:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Really nice car to look at, but to drive - I'm not sure yet. It's got some great features, does well on the MPG - I got a amazing deal on it but the car lacks a little power and feels heavy at speed. It almost seems like one of those midlife crisis cars that have appearance but no substance?

Impressive Tib SE
By bnick on 02/28/09 19:12 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Great car! The exterior styling is what let me to purchase the Tiburon. The price was well below comparable sports cars. My MPG is slightly better than I was expecting based on the published MPG. On the low end I have never got fewer than 24, and the highest has been 29. I now have driven it to 23,000 miles with no mechanical problems. A little wear spot on the leather seat bolster. The 6th gear, ratio, could be a little higher it "tacks" about 900rpm's higher that my old 5sp Mits. Eclipse at 60MPH. It could do better on fuel consumption if the 1-6th gear ratios were different, especially 6th. There is noticeable acceleration steer. The accelerator pedal and brake pedal are to close together.

Love It!
By tigerchk09 on 02/08/09 14:56 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Tiburon new in 07 and a few months after I bought it it died on the railroad tracks and they had to come get it and take it to the dealership to fix it. After a week of having it back supposedly fixed it died again but after the second time they fixed I haven't had another other problems from it. It's a great car and I get tons of compliments I even walked outside one day to find a woman taking pictures of it because there aren't many in my area and mine is the only Limited for miles.

Bad Tires
By Bad Tires on 01/21/09 15:40 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Tiburon new. I started having trouble with the tires right away. Had to air them up within first month, and every 6-8 weeks after that. Took it back to the dealer four times. They said no apparent leak, maybe a problem with the seal. So added nitrogen. 8 weeks later, a tire low again. Deal will not replace tire. Hyundai customer service says Hyundai is not responsible for defective tires, the tire manufacturer is. I purchased road hazard and extended warranty. Neither will cover defective tires. I don't feel safe driving the car.

Tampa Tib
By Tampa Tib on 12/23/08 21:22 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my 07 Tiburon for over a year and I have not had a single problem with it in any way. This car is compact, and fun to drive. People will turn their head when they see you drive by. I have had compliments from other drivers while at the red light. The exterior gives a very sporty and pricey look. The interior is very sharp and modern looking. The vehicle is built very strong which is noticeable when you get in and close the door. Friends will want a ride with you all of the time. My friend say in the drivers seat, turned on the car and said "wow". The engine sounds great for a 4 cyl. and acceleration is impressive. I recommend this car mostly for reliability and looks.

One Year Later...
By Joe on 10/14/08 13:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First, I gave the performance a 5 because a stock GS can hardly get out of it's own way but for less than a GT costs you can upgrade performance parts that will not void the warranty and make it faster than a GT or SE. With that said. The car is way under priced! Exterior design is somewhat exotic and the interior, even after a year, is still not boring. Since owning the car I've had to replace my interior carpet because a hole wore in just below the gas pedal. That can be blamed on the dealer because they never gave me floor mats. Overall this is an awesome car but if you can afford it go with the GT or SE.

My Shark
By Corke2 on 05/23/08 05:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Tib--previously owned a 2003 GT. I have had no problems. It is a fun car to drive and the price was right.

Cool Ride
By Mike on 04/17/08 08:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 1 year now, and has no problem with it. Still perform great, I have no problem with the performance of the car, as I can easily overtake any audis, bmws or benzies on the highway. Its true that the tiburon is not as powerful as some other high performance sport cars, but speed defend on both the driver and the car not just the car alone. The tib can easily do 180 km/h, but then again only pro race car drivers would drive any faster... Simply put, the tiburon is best of class in term of price per features. If you crave that extra power then you can easily add a supercharger on your tiby for only a few grands.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.