Used 2007 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Great look but overall JUNK
By shadowh127

2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my SE 14 months ago with 15,000 miles. It now has 35,000 miles on it and I'm told needs a new clutch for $3000. I reported a problem from the 1st week and again 3 additional times prior to this past week but because they couldn't duplicate the problem dismissed it. It has been into the Hyundai dealership over a dozen times for things such as: sunroof not functioning properly, bad tpms sensors, faulty driver buckle pretensioner (causing airbag light to come on), cruise control didn't work, fuel gauge faulty, temp guage, acceleration issues - CLUTCH. Do your research prior to buying any Tiburon, they seem to have many similar issues. I will NEVER buy a Hyundai again!

Favorite Features

Sunroof and the look

Suggested Improvements

A recall for poorly manufactured parts!

UNDERpowered
By MOdriver

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought mine w/ 5000 miles, put 38,000 on it. Sold it because i had a family and you can BARELY squeeze a baby seat in the back, not practical. I bought it thinking this would be a peppy sports car, but was disappointed. Going from my Saturn to this was a step up, but not much. 170 hp and still only be in the 23mpg highway area makes this car not worth the money. It was reliable, handled fairly well, nice ride, and comfortable.

Favorite Features

radio, nice leather seats, instrument panel setup, nice exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

ENGINE & TRANSMISSION. More hp, better mpg, and 4 gears in the automatic make no sense. slim performance tires make it tough on bumpy roads and you have no performance from this underpowered 2.7L to worry about tires

For the souless.
By pukklepopper

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a good runner, as long as you don't want to run fast or in comfort. Never had any mechanical issues with this car, but it feels completely underpowered and lifeless when on the road.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Engine, transmission, comfortable seats, brakes, some torque please

Turns heads
By Brendan

2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, I have had a great experience with this car. I bought it new and have had it for 2 1/2 years now. It currently has a little over 50,000 miles on it. I have taken several road trips in it and it is surprisingly comfortable. It also turns heads. I have literally had people pull up to me and ask what kind of car it was and were stunned that it was a Hyundai. I would highly suggest getting the SE because the 6-speed helps make full use of the small amount of power to make it feel faster than it really is.

Favorite Features

Seats, looks, 6-speed, wheels, blue interior lights

Suggested Improvements

I have only had two problems with the car. The first was the tires. The Hankook tires were toast after 15,000 miles even when rotating regularly. I bought new Kumhos and those have been great I also had the two rear hub bearings go out after less than 40,000 miles but the dealer replaced them free.

Definitly worth the money
By truckinnines

2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned the car for over 7 months now and barely have a complaint about it. Fuel economy is great for the V6 power. I get 26 mpg city and almost 30 highway. 6 speed is tons of fun, zippy but could use more power. Interior is very sexy(2 tone leather) and i can't get enough compliments about it. It definitely needs a remote truck release but that's just about it. You would not be disappointed going with this car, I will own this until the tires fall off.

Favorite Features

6 speed Interior color scheme blue gauge lights exterior design fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

remote trunk release faster heated seats