Used 2007 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

My 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited
By Nick E.

2007 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Tiburon with 73,500 miles on it with an after market exhaust. Today it has around 133000 miles on it and just installed a K&N cold air intake. I drive it around town and mostly on the highway between school and my home town.
Topped it on the highway around 150 mph.
0-60 is roughly 8s.

Good:
The sound of the engine when accelerating.
Looks.
Many options for customization.
Car isn't heavy.
still attracts attention.

Bad:
Paint has started to peal. replaced the Gt wing with a color matched Se wing, and repainted the side mirrors. lately noticed little spots on the right side, but at this moment can not be seen unless looking for it.
Sunroof is having faults opening and closing.
Not enough acceleration.
Fuel consumption could be better.
I'm 6'6" tall, the seats are reclined back and moved in the most aft position. Lumbar is just about useless, causing my back to hurt on long drives.
Really wish it was a manual.

My advice for new owners:
Value of the car will drop sharply.
Great car for high school and college students.

Standing the test of time
By shanc25

2007 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2007 Tiburon GT, automatic, is up to nearly 129,000 miles so far and the only issue I've had to this point is to replace a faulty fuel sensor. That's it. Most reliable car I've ever owned and I hope it keeps going strong for a while longer, because I'm still in love with the way the car looks and how it drives. Gorgeous machine and it's proven to have longevity to boot. Wonderful for a single person (who's under 6'0" tall - that's important with the shallow headroom here).

Interior appearance, Infinity premium sound system, handling.

Better fuel mileage, obviously. Not much else I'd change.

It is what it is! James Bond car at a discount!
By teinte31

2007 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm writing this review to basically respond to the Edmunds review. I've had my GT V6 for 6 years now and have had not one problem with it.
I feel the Edmunds review was very harsh towards the Tiburon's power/engine. Guess what guys? It's not a Corvette! It is what it is, I knew when I bought it after the test drive it was weak, but I still bought it because it has the sexiest body style I've ever seen. That's why its nicknamed a Baby Aston Martin...
It's a great tuner car as well, I've put a cold air intake/exhaust/headers on mine and I can vouch the Tiburon has enormous power...It's just harnessed by the factory specs and state laws. Don't blame the Tiburon for that...I love it!

07 Tiburon GS
By phoenix15

2007 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car caught my attention at the time when they first came out.
My was a dark navy blue color which is what caught my attention and the body style.
Had it for over 7 years now with less than 60K mileage on it.
After about 40k mileage I started to notice that the clutch is performing really bad like its not responding when shifting.
So I did a little research and found out that the manufacture had put in a clutch delay thing inside the master cylinder to prevent clutch overheating if you drive aggressively.
So I just remove that clutch delay thing and now it's responding a little better without that lag.

Feature wise, I like the body style. It was very unique as there's not a whole lot of them out on the road. After they came out.

Remove that god aweful clutch delay thing please! Performance is horrendous on a sports coupe like that. Something tells me that they didn't really put much effort into making it a true sports car with a better engine for high performance.

Still Lovin it
By lovinit66

2007 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Tib brand new in 2007. I now have 63,500 and still no major problems. The clutch cylinder slave went out at around 60,000...but of course it had to go eventually. I absolutely still love my car. I just had the rear brakes changed 2 weeks ago for the first time. Front brakes are still great. The original tires only lasted about a year, but I got new ones at Discount Tire and they are going on a year and a half and still great tread left. Only problem I have with my Tib is my children will grow out of the back seat in the next few years. Then I guess I will have to get an SUV. But I think I will keep my Tib for when I drive alone!!

5 speed manual transmission !!!