Used 2007 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Standing the test of time
By shanc25

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2007 Tiburon GT, automatic, is up to nearly 129,000 miles so far and the only issue I've had to this point is to replace a faulty fuel sensor. That's it. Most reliable car I've ever owned and I hope it keeps going strong for a while longer, because I'm still in love with the way the car looks and how it drives. Gorgeous machine and it's proven to have longevity to boot. Wonderful for a single person (who's under 6'0" tall - that's important with the shallow headroom here).

Favorite Features

Interior appearance, Infinity premium sound system, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel mileage, obviously. Not much else I'd change.

It is what it is! James Bond car at a discount!
By teinte31

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm writing this review to basically respond to the Edmunds review. I've had my GT V6 for 6 years now and have had not one problem with it. I feel the Edmunds review was very harsh towards the Tiburon's power/engine. Guess what guys? It's not a Corvette! It is what it is, I knew when I bought it after the test drive it was weak, but I still bought it because it has the sexiest body style I've ever seen. That's why its nicknamed a Baby Aston Martin... It's a great tuner car as well, I've put a cold air intake/exhaust/headers on mine and I can vouch the Tiburon has enormous power...It's just harnessed by the factory specs and state laws. Don't blame the Tiburon for that...I love it!

07 Tiburon GS
By phoenix15

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car caught my attention at the time when they first came out. My was a dark navy blue color which is what caught my attention and the body style. Had it for over 7 years now with less than 60K mileage on it. After about 40k mileage I started to notice that the clutch is performing really bad like its not responding when shifting. So I did a little research and found out that the manufacture had put in a clutch delay thing inside the master cylinder to prevent clutch overheating if you drive aggressively. So I just remove that clutch delay thing and now it's responding a little better without that lag.

Favorite Features

Feature wise, I like the body style. It was very unique as there's not a whole lot of them out on the road. After they came out.

Suggested Improvements

Remove that god aweful clutch delay thing please! Performance is horrendous on a sports coupe like that. Something tells me that they didn't really put much effort into making it a true sports car with a better engine for high performance.

Still Lovin it
By lovinit66

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Tib brand new in 2007. I now have 63,500 and still no major problems. The clutch cylinder slave went out at around 60,000...but of course it had to go eventually. I absolutely still love my car. I just had the rear brakes changed 2 weeks ago for the first time. Front brakes are still great. The original tires only lasted about a year, but I got new ones at Discount Tire and they are going on a year and a half and still great tread left. Only problem I have with my Tib is my children will grow out of the back seat in the next few years. Then I guess I will have to get an SUV. But I think I will keep my Tib for when I drive alone!!

Favorite Features

5 speed manual transmission !!!

I wish I had known
By darkcarnival

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I read some reviews on here when I was looking for a car. I wish I had found all the reviews about how the clutch on this car is junk. I am NOT even joking, I bought the car used with 40k miles - the day after I drove it off the lot the clutch started slipping. Yes, the day after, I wish it had slipped during the test drive. I guess Hyundai is notorious for having bad clutches. The clutch warranty on a new car is only 12K miles / 1 Year.... for a reason. Oh, and of course I bought the extended warranty that does not cover clutches, as I found out. The dealership quoted me on the low end $1400. AGH! This is my Karma for buying a foreign car I guess.

Favorite Features

The color.

Suggested Improvements

Hyundai settle with the class action law suit against them and fix the HUGE clutch problem they have.