Used 2007 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Standing the test of time
By shanc25 on 01/24/15 10:51 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2007 Tiburon GT, automatic, is up to nearly 129,000 miles so far and the only issue I've had to this point is to replace a faulty fuel sensor. That's it. Most reliable car I've ever owned and I hope it keeps going strong for a while longer, because I'm still in love with the way the car looks and how it drives. Gorgeous machine and it's proven to have longevity to boot. Wonderful for a single person (who's under 6'0" tall - that's important with the shallow headroom here).

It is what it is! James Bond car at a discount!
By teinte31 on 01/17/15 08:30 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm writing this review to basically respond to the Edmunds review. I've had my GT V6 for 6 years now and have had not one problem with it. I feel the Edmunds review was very harsh towards the Tiburon's power/engine. Guess what guys? It's not a Corvette! It is what it is, I knew when I bought it after the test drive it was weak, but I still bought it because it has the sexiest body style I've ever seen. That's why its nicknamed a Baby Aston Martin... It's a great tuner car as well, I've put a cold air intake/exhaust/headers on mine and I can vouch the Tiburon has enormous power...It's just harnessed by the factory specs and state laws. Don't blame the Tiburon for that...I love it!

07 Tiburon GS
By phoenix15 on 04/18/14 23:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car caught my attention at the time when they first came out. My was a dark navy blue color which is what caught my attention and the body style. Had it for over 7 years now with less than 60K mileage on it. After about 40k mileage I started to notice that the clutch is performing really bad like its not responding when shifting. So I did a little research and found out that the manufacture had put in a clutch delay thing inside the master cylinder to prevent clutch overheating if you drive aggressively. So I just remove that clutch delay thing and now it's responding a little better without that lag.

Still Lovin it
By lovinit66 on 03/05/13 17:02 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Tib brand new in 2007. I now have 63,500 and still no major problems. The clutch cylinder slave went out at around 60,000...but of course it had to go eventually. I absolutely still love my car. I just had the rear brakes changed 2 weeks ago for the first time. Front brakes are still great. The original tires only lasted about a year, but I got new ones at Discount Tire and they are going on a year and a half and still great tread left. Only problem I have with my Tib is my children will grow out of the back seat in the next few years. Then I guess I will have to get an SUV. But I think I will keep my Tib for when I drive alone!!

I wish I had known
By darkcarnival on 08/18/12 03:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I read some reviews on here when I was looking for a car. I wish I had found all the reviews about how the clutch on this car is junk. I am NOT even joking, I bought the car used with 40k miles - the day after I drove it off the lot the clutch started slipping. Yes, the day after, I wish it had slipped during the test drive. I guess Hyundai is notorious for having bad clutches. The clutch warranty on a new car is only 12K miles / 1 Year.... for a reason. Oh, and of course I bought the extended warranty that does not cover clutches, as I found out. The dealership quoted me on the low end $1400. AGH! This is my Karma for buying a foreign car I guess.

Great look but overall JUNK
By shadowh127 on 02/03/11 08:31 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my SE 14 months ago with 15,000 miles. It now has 35,000 miles on it and I'm told needs a new clutch for $3000. I reported a problem from the 1st week and again 3 additional times prior to this past week but because they couldn't duplicate the problem dismissed it. It has been into the Hyundai dealership over a dozen times for things such as: sunroof not functioning properly, bad tpms sensors, faulty driver buckle pretensioner (causing airbag light to come on), cruise control didn't work, fuel gauge faulty, temp guage, acceleration issues - CLUTCH. Do your research prior to buying any Tiburon, they seem to have many similar issues. I will NEVER buy a Hyundai again!

UNDERpowered
By MOdriver on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought mine w/ 5000 miles, put 38,000 on it. Sold it because i had a family and you can BARELY squeeze a baby seat in the back, not practical. I bought it thinking this would be a peppy sports car, but was disappointed. Going from my Saturn to this was a step up, but not much. 170 hp and still only be in the 23mpg highway area makes this car not worth the money. It was reliable, handled fairly well, nice ride, and comfortable.

For the souless.
By pukklepopper on 08/31/10 20:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a good runner, as long as you don't want to run fast or in comfort. Never had any mechanical issues with this car, but it feels completely underpowered and lifeless when on the road.

Turns heads
By Brendan on 06/16/10 09:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, I have had a great experience with this car. I bought it new and have had it for 2 1/2 years now. It currently has a little over 50,000 miles on it. I have taken several road trips in it and it is surprisingly comfortable. It also turns heads. I have literally had people pull up to me and ask what kind of car it was and were stunned that it was a Hyundai. I would highly suggest getting the SE because the 6-speed helps make full use of the small amount of power to make it feel faster than it really is.

Definitly worth the money
By truckinnines on 01/21/10 16:32 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned the car for over 7 months now and barely have a complaint about it. Fuel economy is great for the V6 power. I get 26 mpg city and almost 30 highway. 6 speed is tons of fun, zippy but could use more power. Interior is very sexy(2 tone leather) and i can't get enough compliments about it. It definitely needs a remote truck release but that's just about it. You would not be disappointed going with this car, I will own this until the tires fall off.