Used 2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

2006 model purchased in 2008!
By Lacey C

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2006 Tiburon in 2008 at 30,000 miles! As an 18 year old this was a dream. For the price I financed, the vehicle depreciated in value rather quickly. I was "upside down" after only 2 years, the amount I owed was more than the car was worth. That's the thing about Hyundai though! HOWEVER, I drove the heck out of this car daily, I needed new brakes and new battery in 2011 at around 130,000 miles. (This is amazing for the amount of mileage and wear I put on this vehicle) In July 2014 at 154,000 miles, the car began overheating daily and therefore we replaced the radiator. I drove it fine until December 2014 when it randomly overheated one winter day and the following morning would not start. At 160,000 miles the car required a totally new engine. The cost of the engine replacement was more than the car was valued at the time but I sucked it up and replaced it anyway. I vowed to keep up with the oil changes on schedule!! After the new engine, we lived happily ever after until I purchased a 2011 BMW Mini Cooper in May of 2015 (huge difference, I know, but remember I was only 18 when I chose the Tiburon and now I am 25) I'm now experiencing major problems with the Mini and I'm about to re-tag and insure the faithful loyal old Tiburon again because she has always been there for me! The other quirk to the Tib that I must mention as have others, the thing EATS tires!!!!! I can't even count how many times I have had to buy tires for the car! It's no joke!

This is the one!
By betchadee

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

After going through car after car after car buying beaters I bit the bullet and finally bought something nice. My boyfriend who has owned a Tiburon already looked it over and gave it a good word. I've had it now about a week and so far I love pretty much everything about it, whoever had it before me put after market exhaust on it so it sounds like a completely different car. I did notice that my tires are quite worn and I will have to replace them in about 2 to 3 monthes. The passenger side window motor has either been disconnected or no longer works, I'm taking it up to a dealership tomorrow to have that looked at.

I love the six speed, how it sounds, how smooth it rides.

The shifter DOES feel like it's a bit stiff I've only driven BMW before this so I'm not sure if this is how it is with all of them.

This vehicle is terrible
By john_stone37

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This car is fun to dive, but if you don't have a ton of money, don't buy it. Bought one at 99k miles, it now has 124k. In the span of that 25k, I've replaced all tires twice, replaced the clutch twice, replace the shifter cable twice, replaced the transmission and flywheel. All tiburons after 2003 are crap. Also, any transmission repair (clutch, shifter cable, flywheel, etc.) is 1000$ more than with most cars because it takes extra work in a tiburon to get to the transmission

Don't Waste Your Money.
By nomoretiburons

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon in 2007 with 9k on the odometer. Ran fine at first. Less than a year later, O2 sensor went out. Replaced that, a week later another, replaced it, a week later another... replaced it, a week later guess what. This thing eats tires despite the fact that the alignment is good. The wear is even across the tire but we get less than 16k out of 30k tires. Have replaced the brakes, Sunroof no longer works, lock motor on driver side door went out, radiator hose started leaking at the thermostat housing, replaced the hose clamp and fixed it, a few days ago the radiator cracked in a spot that I still can't explain why.... Buy a Pinto your repair bills will be cheaper.

None. This car is a lemon.

Better quality parts.

Great first sports car!
By tattoodude426

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As searching throughout the market for a decent sports car to start off with in my area, I had found an eye-catching 2006 hyundai Tiburon GT v6. The car had so many great features that I had been looking for but what had sold me was the style of the interior, the sleek body style and the low mileage it had on it. I've owned one of these cars for about two weeks so far and I've found that it is quite fun to drive and even got a few compliments already on the car. I'd definitely recommend this car to anyone who wants a nice reliable sports car.

Interior: Leathers sport seats, Aluminum dashboard trim, Digital climate control; Exterior: Hatch-back, 17" Rims, Gas cover, sleek design; Engine/performance: Chrome exhaust tips, decent HP, good acceleration.

Add more leg room for the back seating, A little more HP to the GTV6 2.7L model, better sounding exhaust.