Used 2006 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

This is the one!
By betchadee

2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

After going through car after car after car buying beaters I bit the bullet and finally bought something nice. My boyfriend who has owned a Tiburon already looked it over and gave it a good word. I've had it now about a week and so far I love pretty much everything about it, whoever had it before me put after market exhaust on it so it sounds like a completely different car. I did notice that my tires are quite worn and I will have to replace them in about 2 to 3 monthes. The passenger side window motor has either been disconnected or no longer works, I'm taking it up to a dealership tomorrow to have that looked at.

I love the six speed, how it sounds, how smooth it rides.

The shifter DOES feel like it's a bit stiff I've only driven BMW before this so I'm not sure if this is how it is with all of them.

This vehicle is terrible
By john_stone37

2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This car is fun to dive, but if you don't have a ton of money, don't buy it. Bought one at 99k miles, it now has 124k. In the span of that 25k, I've replaced all tires twice, replaced the clutch twice, replace the shifter cable twice, replaced the transmission and flywheel. All tiburons after 2003 are crap. Also, any transmission repair (clutch, shifter cable, flywheel, etc.) is 1000$ more than with most cars because it takes extra work in a tiburon to get to the transmission

Don't Waste Your Money.
By nomoretiburons

2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon in 2007 with 9k on the odometer. Ran fine at first. Less than a year later, O2 sensor went out. Replaced that, a week later another, replaced it, a week later another... replaced it, a week later guess what. This thing eats tires despite the fact that the alignment is good. The wear is even across the tire but we get less than 16k out of 30k tires. Have replaced the brakes, Sunroof no longer works, lock motor on driver side door went out, radiator hose started leaking at the thermostat housing, replaced the hose clamp and fixed it, a few days ago the radiator cracked in a spot that I still can't explain why.... Buy a Pinto your repair bills will be cheaper.

None. This car is a lemon.

Better quality parts.

Great first sports car!
By tattoodude426

2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As searching throughout the market for a decent sports car to start off with in my area, I had found an eye-catching 2006 hyundai Tiburon GT v6. The car had so many great features that I had been looking for but what had sold me was the style of the interior, the sleek body style and the low mileage it had on it. I've owned one of these cars for about two weeks so far and I've found that it is quite fun to drive and even got a few compliments already on the car. I'd definitely recommend this car to anyone who wants a nice reliable sports car.

Interior: Leathers sport seats, Aluminum dashboard trim, Digital climate control; Exterior: Hatch-back, 17" Rims, Gas cover, sleek design; Engine/performance: Chrome exhaust tips, decent HP, good acceleration.

Add more leg room for the back seating, A little more HP to the GTV6 2.7L model, better sounding exhaust.

Excellent value
By ccrater4

2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Tiburon GT for $8000 about a year ago. I've loved it since day one. It is over all an awesome car to drive. Although, it is not the fastest car. If you are looking for something to race it may not be for you. Its lack of power isn't justified by its fuel economy. I would expect better than 18 city from a 2.7L V6. Over all I would recommend this car to anyone. It is a great deal and is very fun to drive.

Exterior styling is among the best in the world. The Infinity stereo gives excellent performance. It has an exhaust note similar to that of a Ferrari.

It could use a more powerful engine and better fuel economy. There is very little leg and head room in the back seat for any people.