Used 2005 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Get ready for a new transmission!
By Tom

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is the third Hyundai I have owned and will be the last. Tibs have a documented history of having transmissin problems (particularly the 6 speeds as found in the SE's). The styling is nice but what good is it when the transmission goes out and the acceleration is sub-par to other vehicles? I have had my car for 11000 miles and I have had transmission trouble with it since day one and the dealer refuses to acknowledge a design defect in the car. For the same price many other V-6's on the market can outrun you AND get better gas mileage, not to mention better workmanship. You truly do pay for what you get.

Favorite Features

Styling.

Suggested Improvements

Put a real engine in the car and build a lasting product. The transmissions in the V6 models are shotty at best and the company will do anything to avoid fixing it. For a comparable price buy a used sports car if you truly want something that will go fast and probably hold up better.

i love my car
By dominic

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

i love this car its is a perfect 1st car to anyone there are not that many of them where i live the gas per mile its good i put $25 in gas its last me up to 6 days which is great because of gas prices. when your driving the engine is so quite and its a smooth ride.

Favorite Features

the speed of the car is just wonderful the people i race they cars are hooked up and my all stock my dealership told me i had 300 horse but im not sure but its wonderful

Suggested Improvements

drop the car, and add turbo

Ok car, but 3.8 litre looks tempting
By derfla

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this moonlit blue tiburon for 10 months and have no major problems with the vehicle. The 360 wat infinity cd stereo system is great. The engine needs more power and I am considing getting a Mitsubishi Eclipse, after I test drive it, the price is almost the same and the engine sounds to be alot bigger. The only reason I may not buy the Eclipse is that the Tiburon has a little more leg room. I am 6' tall and the leg room is ok. I will have to see how the eclipse feels. The interior of the Tiburon is pleather and is ok and stylish but for the money there is more out there.The Tibby has been reliable and the 160lbs of torque is ok to drive but the 260lbs look more tempting.

Favorite Features

Favirite feature of the Tiburon is the styling, I still think the Tiburon looks better then the Acura RSX as well as the Cavalier, mustang, and other coupes out there.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs more power, if Hyundai is serious of growing with the tunner croud--I don't personally believe in tunning a car to the extent of other tuners using thousands of dollars to improve the vehicle. If hyundai is serious the will offer the new Azera 3.8litre then they will have a seriouscar

Best coupe for the money!
By peachferrari

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this car. I've been looking at them since the redesign in 2002 and finally was able to pick one up. Sure it's not as powerful (horsepower) as some of the competition, but you won't notice when you get behind the wheel. I haven't seen a better looking car for under $25000 (and yes, I've looked).

Favorite Features

Low-end torque on the V-6 Gorgeous looks Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy could use a little boost, but it's not bad. I had one very minor problem with the paint, repaired under warranty no questions asked.

new to hyundai....
By rjj

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I used to own a RX8 and I never felt like I do with my new Tiburon GT. I love the exterior styling, price, performance, gas mileage, everything about my new Tiburon.

Favorite Features

layout of the interior, hatchback, spare tire (don't laugh, the RX8 doesn't have one), use of regular gas, moonroof

Suggested Improvements

get rid of the plastic gas cap.