2005 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Most Fun I've Ever Had
By Samie on 08/16/05 07:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

No more mommy-mobile sedans for me! Yippee! This Tibby definitely ain't no kiddie car. Refined styling over earlier models make this car stand out from the crowd. This is the best Tibby yet. People often ask me what kind of car it is. Their jaws drop when I tell them it's a Hyundai. Plenty of power when I want or need it along with a decent, but not overpowering, note from the dual exhaust. Good handling on curves with little or no sloppy body roll. Uncluttered instrumentation and interior styling with easy-to-use controls. Definitely a car for those of us who want performance and style on a less-than-liberal budget.

I can't keep it under 80!
By Swizo on 08/04/05 19:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This car is way too much fun. The review compares it to an RSX with an inline 4, and I say, how dare you? The V6 is where most of the weight is, and a few minor adjustments will drop the weight by 100 pounds. The clutch is the weakest part of the car for me, it just isn't fast enough, too much travel with factor settings.

Great car for the money
By JEFF on 08/04/05 10:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

At first I had serious doubts about buying a hyundai, but the tiburon GTV6 seriously changed my mind. The power is satisfying for the daily driver. The styling, both interior and exterior, is awesome. You can't find a better warranty anywhere. And you can't beat the price. It's a lot of car for the money. You just can't go wrong with this car.

Unreliable
By msasscts on 08/03/05 12:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had three clutches so far in the car. The dealer has proven to be unreliable in service.

the best car ever
By Danielle on 07/31/05 17:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants the sporty car but also a reliable one

Tiburon GT
By Lori on 07/28/05 09:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love the look of the Vehicle and boy is it quick when it needs to go! Good on gas. Not very comfortable for me to drive.

I love it
By Bruce on 07/27/05 18:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love the tiburon-its fun to drive- very zippy with the shiftronic. only complaint is the suspension-very bumpy ride on rough roads. on smooth highway its fine

i love it
By chmuraman on 07/21/05 01:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

i fell in love with this car before i even had the chance to drive it. i ordered the special edition and had to wait for it, and it was worth it. this is a fun car to drive, and banging through the tight 6spd manual makes you feel like you are in a much more expensive car. i have been asked many times what kind of car it was, and the reply is always "really? hyundai?? i though it was itallian." mine is black and i had custom wheels and the windows tinted. very sharp.

At this Price--What's Not to Like
By Bob Rivers on 07/17/05 01:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned sports cars since I was 16, now 62, and this is one is rated as one of the best bangs for the buck. There are faster, slicker cars but at what price. If you are looking for a well built, comfortable, fun to drive sports car that won't break the bank then you must look at this car. Even us baby boomers can have fun with this car.

Beware of The Shark!
By DragonShark on 07/14/05 12:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Always wanted a Tibby since new generation body styling....It's finally mine! I love this car. Comfortable and unique bucket seats. Quiet but powerful V6. Great exterior & interior styling. Best bang for the buck! Move over Honda and Toyota...we now have a Korean car with TONS of aftermarket mods available. My soon-to-be "Tuscani Black Shark" is a fun ride 110% of the time!