2005 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Love It!
By Jeff W on 10/27/05 20:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was originally looking at a more expensive sports car, but found that they weren't very comfortable. The Tiburon was different. While not a Mercedes sedan, I found that I'm comfortable driving it (By the way, I'm 6'3" and 275 lbs). It's also the best buy around for the cost.

Super Car! (just avoid the dealer!)
By Promyntheus on 10/19/05 15:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove both the RX-8 and the '05 Mustang. MUCH more room inside than the Mustang, cool sporty looks like the RX- 8, better Warranty than both! Better value than both RX-8 or Mustang! I wager I get more questions about what kinda car the Tiburon is than I would driving an "everyone-knows-car" mustang (ho-hum) and the RX-8 which resembles most of the other Mazada models... Want a head-turner for low cost? This is the one you've been looking for!

shark review
By Tiburoncwgrl420 on 10/16/05 14:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car more than mostly any other car.I love the body style and the sports car look of it.

poor transmission
By Denisco Joseph on 10/16/05 07:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

tran constantly slips car can't change gears and very poor gas mileage

working man's maserati
By al on 10/07/05 21:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

first attracted by the styling (look at the maserati gran coupe). after first drive, impressed by the performance (better than my fiat 850 spyder, datsun 2000, datsun 240Z, or mustang gt).

chose tiburon over a BMW
By Mike on 09/17/05 22:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this car is extremely beautiful. i get asked at least 3 times a week what kind of car it is, and no one believes its a hyundai. the exterior lines and styling are PERFECT. this car looks like an expensive italian import. interior is roomier than competition and the seats are very supportive. steering/handling is unbelievably good. in these times of high gas prices, i love buying 87 and getting the great economy out of this car.

Dream Machine
By potter578 on 09/07/05 00:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I went from an Infiniti, G35 to this swift, economical, and affordable vehicle. I wasn't sure it was the right decision at first because, in this society, we always worry about what other people think. Furthermore, going from one extreme vehicle to the other was dramatic. But I'm proud of my cute, fancy machine. It's sturdy, does good on gas, and is fun to cruise and drive. I get the fun I want for over 15,000 dollars less in cost. I would recommend this car to anyone that wants the power, excitement and fun of this vehicle. Oh, leave the kids at home! Don't let the Hyndai name push you away. They've made tremendous improvements and are ranked third least

I love my Tib!
By Princess B. on 09/05/05 23:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a Ford Mustang LX 5.0 & an Acura Integra GS-R in the past, & this car is just as fun & handles just as well. It could use more pick up/power, but that's my fault for not spending the extra $ to buy the V6. Too bad I had such a horrible experience w/the Hyundai dealer not honoring the lemon law on a used Acura Integra LS they sold me before I bought the Tib.

Best For The $$$
By Shark_GT on 08/27/05 23:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

IMHO - this is an awesome car for the price. Quick, fun to drive, and comfortable. Poor gas milage, but all GT type sports coupes, even the infamous Ford Mustang, are like this. The Tiburon is much more comfortable than the Mustang.

DON'T DO IT!!
By A_Moreaux on 08/27/05 05:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

There's no denying that this car is one of the most beautiful in it's class. However, I was unfortunate enough to ignore the warnings and went with this car. The paint is trash. Look at it wrong and it chips. About 4 months ago I started having problems with the car starting which is a CLASSIC HYUNDAI PROBLEM. It's all over the internet, have a look!!! At stop signs the a/c, radio, and lights will go off until you start driving again and it never quite starts right away (if it starts at all). The seats are hard that the moonroof has been repaired THREE times already. I have heard that there are defective parts in the 'brain' that no one admits to.