Used 2005 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Awesome
By FuNFuN

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Don't know about these critics of the SE version. I have over 30000 miles on mine and have had zero problems with it and I'm a very spirited driver. The six speed tranny is precision so maybe that's the problem some are having. They don't know how to drive it. All I've ever owned are manual shift sports cars. Even had a Camaro and the Tiburon SE is faster to 60 and has a faster top speed (145 with no mods at redline). Not too bad when there is over a litre of difference in the engine size. Not much more to ask for. And to those knocking the performance compared to other V6 cars, I can keep up with a Mustang GT with no problem. Just got to know when to shift, and how to drive!!!

Tranny. Its awesome. This is my first 6 speed and will never go back!!

Have the sunroof standard. Only complaint is that the same car with a sunroof was over $1500 more. That's crazy for a piece of glass over your head.

How to get a 40k car for half that.
By Jamey

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Been looking at a Tiburon since Hyundai came out with them. I owned a 1992 and 1994 Excel in the past. Loved the little cars... but Hyundai has moved to a whole new level with this. The car looks BEAUTIFUL. Heads turn constantly. Not much room in the back, as long as that is not important. Rear seats are for lower insurance, as they are too small & anyone over 5'6" will feel cramped. Leather interior well crafted; all controls in easy reach and well placed. Shifting is easy. Stay away from the automatic as this car is TOO much fun and is too fast. Shifting is require to get full enjoyment out of car. In fact, get the 6 speed for better gas millage on freeways.

LOVE the engine roar. Doesn't sound like typical foreign/Asian car... almost has a muscle car feel... 6 Speed, 380 watt sound system, leather seats, V6 power. The Tital Blue (metallic blue) is simply gorgeous. The low profile windows look nice. Doors are thick and solid like a muscle car.

High tale spoiler is a bit noisy during Freeway driving. BLIND SPOT on rear left side, must make concerted effort to look over shoulder COMPLETELY before changing lanes to the left. Despite the sweet infinity sound system, the in-dash deck is very whimpy and doesn't fit car. I will replace that.

2005 Hyundai Tiburon
By thakidb

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Beautiful car inside and out. It's hard to believe Hyundai actually designed something this extraordinary. This car is a real head-turner. It looks so expensive and powerful, yet not many know that it is really a Hyundai. I'd have people believe it was a "baby porsche" if I wasn't so honest. More power is definitely a must, but it's one (if not the only car) in the "tuner class" with an available V6. Cars such as: Acura RSX, Honda Civic, Toyota Celica, Scion tC, Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru Impreza WRX, Dodge Neon, and Cheverolet Cobalt SS all have 4 cylinders, and that's definitely something to take into consideration. Although it lacks stock performance, it probably has far more potential.

440 watt subwoofer. Dual exhaust. Overall body styling.

Much more power to improve acceleration.

1.5 Years Later
By Peter

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Overally I am happy with my purchase, no major issues at all. The sunroofs a bit quirky, but works. This car is a real head turner, I changed the hyundai logos to the ones used in Korea and Australia (Tuscani) and people always now ask if its some special european car. There are not too many on the road so I frequently see people stairing at my car as I am driving, kinda funny being in a Hyundai, not really though of a sporty or exotic. I like the 6spd manual, makes the car really fun to drive but it is a gas guzzler. I think the 28mpg is only if you driver very conserativly. On the highway I say I get ~25mpg depending on how much I push the car.

6spd manual. The look.

I really thing they can do better with the fuel tuning and power from this engine. Its essential hyundai's SUV engine, more tuned for torque not speed.

When I want to go....I go
By YankeeInKY

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Way fun to drive. Especially in the hills of KY & my many trips to Central NY. This baby loves the hills & hugs the road. Be prepared for others to try to race you. I have been driving (I'm 40) and had young kids try to race me. However, I know now whats up and why as when I bought this car I thought it was cute. Only when I got a flat tire was I told this is a "High Performace" vehicle. Not to mention my cousin how runs a shop asked me why I bought it and like I said to him....I missed driving a coupe and it was just plain fun to drive.

V6 - when i want to go - I go!!! Its all I need.

cabin noise it high. Would totally be satisfied if I got the gas mileage on sticker & if there wasn't so much cabin noise. Other than that - freakin love driving this car, especially in the hills.

• SUV