2005 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Get ready for a new transmission!
By Tom on 03/13/06 09:01 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is the third Hyundai I have owned and will be the last. Tibs have a documented history of having transmissin problems (particularly the 6 speeds as found in the SE's). The styling is nice but what good is it when the transmission goes out and the acceleration is sub-par to other vehicles? I have had my car for 11000 miles and I have had transmission trouble with it since day one and the dealer refuses to acknowledge a design defect in the car. For the same price many other V-6's on the market can outrun you AND get better gas mileage, not to mention better workmanship. You truly do pay for what you get.

i love my car
By dominic on 02/28/06 21:47 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

i love this car its is a perfect 1st car to anyone there are not that many of them where i live the gas per mile its good i put $25 in gas its last me up to 6 days which is great because of gas prices. when your driving the engine is so quite and its a smooth ride.

Ok car, but 3.8 litre looks tempting
By derfla on 02/10/06 15:07 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this moonlit blue tiburon for 10 months and have no major problems with the vehicle. The 360 wat infinity cd stereo system is great. The engine needs more power and I am considing getting a Mitsubishi Eclipse, after I test drive it, the price is almost the same and the engine sounds to be alot bigger. The only reason I may not buy the Eclipse is that the Tiburon has a little more leg room. I am 6' tall and the leg room is ok. I will have to see how the eclipse feels. The interior of the Tiburon is pleather and is ok and stylish but for the money there is more out there.The Tibby has been reliable and the 160lbs of torque is ok to drive but the 260lbs look more tempting.

Best coupe for the money!
By peachferrari on 02/09/06 15:33 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this car. I've been looking at them since the redesign in 2002 and finally was able to pick one up. Sure it's not as powerful (horsepower) as some of the competition, but you won't notice when you get behind the wheel. I haven't seen a better looking car for under $25000 (and yes, I've looked).

new to hyundai....
By rjj on 01/28/06 16:05 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I used to own a RX8 and I never felt like I do with my new Tiburon GT. I love the exterior styling, price, performance, gas mileage, everything about my new Tiburon.

Good Car
By MAK on 01/20/06 20:22 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love the way this car drives. It is so smooth and quiet. It is a bit heavy, but that can come in handy on windy days!Tid bit of a gas guzzler, but i wouldn't trade it for any 4 cylinder!

tiburon se - too good to be true
By eddolfan on 12/30/05 15:58 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

i previously owned a 1973 saab sonnett III, which was a limited production sports car. the saab pales in comparison to the tiburon which is both sporty and practical at the same time. the handling is terrific and the comfort of riding in the vehicle is impressive. the most often heard comment i receive is: "is this really a hyundai?" based on the stigma still partially attached to hyundai automobiles, i view this as a huge compliment on my taste in cars.

2005 Tiberon
By George Settle on 12/25/05 22:19 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

The Tiberon is a real pleasure to drive. It makes me feel like I'm on the Indy 500 track. It's acceleration is great and corners like a go-cart. It's breaking distance is excellent. I am 68 years old and when I'm driving my Tiberon, I feel Like I'm 16, and behind the wheel of my dream car, the corvette. I have not checked out the top speed but I'm sure it will do all I need on the highway. When I drive my Tiberon, heads turn. Many people have walked up to me in the car and asked what kind of cat is that? It's a beauty. I Love my Tiberon.

Fun and easy going...
By Coconasty on 12/01/05 11:40 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I luv my Tib, and after getting the true low down on the warranty, I put in a cold air intake by AEM to up my economy and it's much more to my liking. Realize friends that upgrading your vehicle does not neccisarily kill your warranty. If it interferes with the basic structure of the vehicle and CAUSES the problems, then your added part will be in question and you will not be covered. Upgrading your air intake will only help your vehicle, not hurt it, soooo GET R DONE!!! Upgrading parts is not a problem. When you get into chipping, turbo, and things of that nature is when you run into problems. It's not really neccisary. The car is quick. You can cheaply upgrade for more performance.

MOSTLY SATISFIED WITH A FEW MINOR ISSUES
By JS on 11/28/05 23:45 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I drove the RSX-S, WRX, and Scion TC before purchasing my Tib. Those 4- bangers just can compare to the power and torque of the V6 this car has. Stylish exterior with a high-quality interior...great sound system. So far so good but I've had to have it aligned and the clutch is shuddering at only 6K miles which makes me a little concerned about the long-term reliability of this vehicle. My only truly major complaint is the choppy, cheap suspension which is just garbage compared to other vehicles in this class. Does not take bumps well at all but handles okay otherwise. Vague clutch. A very smooth and comfortable highway car though. Loaded with options...a real value for the money.