2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Only 4 years old and rusting
By nfinitygrl on 07/16/09 07:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This was my first new car and I've completely loved driving it. It's fast, gotten me out of scary highway situations more than once and it's never, ever given me mechanical problems. I've kept up all maintenance diligently as I didn't want to void any of the warranties. The low profile tires are a bit pricey to replace but other than that, upkeep hasn't been bad. The car sits low and that helps increase chances of a cracked windshield, which I've replaced once. But after having the car for only 4 years, it is rusting in 3 places. Hyundai's warranty won't fix it as the 3 year paint warranty expired and the rust hasn't "perforated" the metal completely. Sadly, I will be replacing it :(

Fun ride
By Jay on 06/08/08 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I was a big hater when it came to Hyundai until gas went through the roof, and then I decided to trade in my Wrangler in for the Tiburon. And I have to say it is an awesome car. The acceleration is awesome even with it being an automatic. It handles great and the interior is sweet. And if you put in an after market stereo (head unit,subs and an amp) WOW! I have two tens and an 800 watt amp and with the infinity system it is mind blowing. And the gas mileage is pretty good, around 26 mpg. All and all this is a great car.

Fun car!
By smshpmkn on 01/03/08 21:28 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

this has been my favorite car. its fun to drive and looks awesome. i still get people turning heads and asking what kind of car it is. the only problems i have had with it has been weather related. i live in an area with a lot of snow and cold temps and you can tell they didnt design it for this type of weather. if there is more that 4 in of snow on the ground dont go out driving you will get stuck if you have to stop but handles pretty well besides that. but i dont mind. i just take it in every winter to get the e-brake replaced for free.

Awesome car!!
By Banana on 11/27/07 13:41 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! I bought my Tiburon new in 2005 and have never had a problem with it. It is Super fun to drive and speeds up really nice. Very smooth acceleration and great gas mileage. Interior design is incredible as well as exterior. This car comes equipped with tons of features and is definately worth the money. Trunk space is enormous for such a small car. My massage table fits in there perfectly. Only problem is if you have someone who is 6' in your back seat. haha.. not too comfortable. But otherwise the car is very comfortable and a great ride!

How to get a 40k car for half that.
By Jamey on 05/08/07 14:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Been looking at a Tiburon since Hyundai came out with them. I owned a 1992 and 1994 Excel in the past. Loved the little cars... but Hyundai has moved to a whole new level with this. The car looks BEAUTIFUL. Heads turn constantly. Not much room in the back, as long as that is not important. Rear seats are for lower insurance, as they are too small & anyone over 5'6" will feel cramped. Leather interior well crafted; all controls in easy reach and well placed. Shifting is easy. Stay away from the automatic as this car is TOO much fun and is too fast. Shifting is require to get full enjoyment out of car. In fact, get the 6 speed for better gas millage on freeways.

2005 Hyundai Tiburon
By thakidb on 04/21/07 22:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Beautiful car inside and out. It's hard to believe Hyundai actually designed something this extraordinary. This car is a real head-turner. It looks so expensive and powerful, yet not many know that it is really a Hyundai. I'd have people believe it was a "baby porsche" if I wasn't so honest. More power is definitely a must, but it's one (if not the only car) in the "tuner class" with an available V6. Cars such as: Acura RSX, Honda Civic, Toyota Celica, Scion tC, Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru Impreza WRX, Dodge Neon, and Cheverolet Cobalt SS all have 4 cylinders, and that's definitely something to take into consideration. Although it lacks stock performance, it probably has far more potential.

When I want to go....I go
By YankeeInKY on 01/16/07 13:39 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Way fun to drive. Especially in the hills of KY & my many trips to Central NY. This baby loves the hills & hugs the road. Be prepared for others to try to race you. I have been driving (I'm 40) and had young kids try to race me. However, I know now whats up and why as when I bought this car I thought it was cute. Only when I got a flat tire was I told this is a "High Performace" vehicle. Not to mention my cousin how runs a shop asked me why I bought it and like I said to him....I missed driving a coupe and it was just plain fun to drive.

Very Satisfied
By Christian on 10/29/06 19:03 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Love it. Super reliable, especially coming from a Ford. Gets tons of looks from people. Looks more expensive than it really is. Biggest complaint? Fixed mast antenna. Should be integrated into rear window.

The Tiburon Rocks
By Richard T. Siciliano on 07/28/06 11:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

It looks good when I get there, and I get there as fast as I wish. What more can you say about a car? It's sporty, cool, and certainly affordable enough, not to mention fairly reasonable (about 24 mpg average) economically. I recommend it highly.

i love my car
By dominic on 02/28/06 21:47 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

i love this car its is a perfect 1st car to anyone there are not that many of them where i live the gas per mile its good i put $25 in gas its last me up to 6 days which is great because of gas prices. when your driving the engine is so quite and its a smooth ride.