Used 2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Hyunday Tibby GS Manual
By ltstoby

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love it! bought this car today and its my first manual car. I've only driven stick 3 times in my life and I already got the hang of it. Shifting is easy and fun to do, it has a great kick to it even though its only a 4v. I cant say anything bad about it other then the fact that theres almost no room in the backseat but hey, its a 2 dr. I recommend this car to anyone with a desire to drive a sporty looking, fun coupe.

Budget Sports Car! Live your dream
By tilbbylover123

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

own a 05 Hyundai Tiburon GT Ultimate Sports Package with sunroof and Infinity Sound system. When bought, had 13000 miles, now 40,000

love the pick-up and the mild roar through the muffler. looks are stunning, everyone who see my car for the first time love it! comfort for the driver and passenger is good, not for the people sitting in the back since not enough space for big and tall people. I'd call it a two-seater. Ample trunk space, better if back seats are put down. still suspension makes you feel all the potholes

only problem I've had so far is the car pulling towards the right because of alignment issues. Also, when I jumped my car battery last winter, the sound system got damaged.

Amazing, Great drivers car
By tiblover123

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, even with a 2.0 4 cylinder it has quite a bit of power compared to some other 4 cylinders. gets going quick, and looks great. when im stopped at a red light i can see people driving by in mustangs and camaros looking at it. a little hard on pot holes, but on smooth road its like a dream.

i only wish i had the v6, but mabye someday ill do an engine swap.

Smooth ride for smooth roads
By DCKID

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really loved this car when I purchased it in Fl. It had a great exterior and the sound system really pumped! I never had mechanical trouble or any trouble for that matter until I came to DC. The numerous pot-holes took a SERIOUS toll on the high performance tires. In the course of 2 years I blew 4 tires, and replaced more then 10. It was fun to drive but only on smooth streets, you can feel EVERY SINGLE NOOK&CRANNY in the street! Buyer beware if you live somewhere with jacked up roads!

Sounds system, sunroof, sporty look, easy to park

Allow for different tires and provide better shocks

Only 4 years old and rusting
By nfinitygrl

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This was my first new car and I've completely loved driving it. It's fast, gotten me out of scary highway situations more than once and it's never, ever given me mechanical problems. I've kept up all maintenance diligently as I didn't want to void any of the warranties. The low profile tires are a bit pricey to replace but other than that, upkeep hasn't been bad. The car sits low and that helps increase chances of a cracked windshield, which I've replaced once. But after having the car for only 4 years, it is rusting in 3 places. Hyundai's warranty won't fix it as the 3 year paint warranty expired and the rust hasn't "perforated" the metal completely. Sadly, I will be replacing it :(

This car has a lot of power and is fun to drive.

Make the car out of metal that doesn't rust after four years. Improve interior plastic molding. I've had 2 places break -- the clip in the trunk and the backseat safety belt molding.